Thread: Major League Baseball passes significant rules changes including pitch clock, banning defensive shifts

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Major League Baseball passes significant rules changes including pitch clock, banning defensive shifts

Major League Baseball passed a sweeping set of rules changes it hopes will fundamentally overhaul the game, voting Friday to implement a pitch clock and ban defensive shifts in 2023 to hasten the game's pace and increase action.

The league's competition committee, composed of six ownership-level representatives, four players and one umpire, approved a pitch clock of 15 seconds with empty bases and 20 seconds with runners on, a defensive alignment that must include two fielders on each side of the second-base bag with both feet on the dirt as well as rules limiting pickoff moves and expanding the size of bases.

The vote was not unanimous. Player representatives voted no on the shift and pitch-clock portions of changes.

Long tested in the minor leagues, the pitch clock, when strictly enforced, has significantly accelerated the speed of games. Minor league games this season have consistently clocked in at under 2 hours, 30 minutes -- a time seen by many as ideal -- and average game times have settled a little over it.
    much more - https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...fensive-shifts

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

I'm still interested in watching major league games.

The rules in Major League Baseball have not changed much. Each team has certain goals for the game. The goal of the offensive team is to score more runs than the opponent. The idea is for the batter to hit a ball thrown by the pitcher as far as possible to get at least one base without being struck out by the opponent. But wounds are only earned if the batter gets around all the bases and comes home. Sometimes I watch games on TV with my dad. But I like lacrosse better, so I often miss baseball games. I recently bought the best lacrosse rebounder. Now I can practice at home after work.
    Last edited by TaigassNellz; 11-15-2022 at 08:22 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Look at Nellz droppin' knowledge bombs up in this joint!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Look at Nellz droppin' knowledge bombs up in this joint!
    That is the kind of quality content I come to this place for!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Just saying!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	953AC858-25F9-4654-A8BA-37627D92086A.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	21198

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information