Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Cuts

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

The Broncos waived both WRs Seth Williams and Brandon Johnson. Interesting. Johnson I think was due to injury. That leaves Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Washington, Cleveland, and Virgil. The loss of Patrick now kinda makes me worry a little more. I’m surprised Williams was cut over Virgil. I know that Stukes likes Cleveland for STs, but outside of STs, he’s probably the worst WR on the team. Maybe Paton has his eyes on some other teams’ WRs that are possible cuts. I figure most guys will make the PS so we’re not really losing them (Broncos fans do tend to overrate our 3rd stringers), but it’s interesting that they chose Virgil over the other guys.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 08-30-2022 at 02:08 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

The Broncos have also released Netane Muti. Can’t make the club if you’re in the tub.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Updated list. 19 of 21 cuts. 2 to go. We still have 4 TEs and a FB/H-back in Beck on the roster. I read that one of the reasons we traded Reed was to keep Aaron Patrick at OLB.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Horse, B Johnson was because of injury. I just read he got a injury settlement for a high ankle sprain. So now I wait till practice squad is announced. Well I'm getting ready to drive to AZ so I can see myself pulling off a few times to see who made the practice squad. Thank you Carol for putting all this in one spot.
    Getting Stoked

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

20 is Tomlinson.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

So does that mean Eric Saubert made it or will get cut after Tomlinson gets resigned? Or Duclich is going on IR?

How many go on Practice Squad?
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    So does that mean Eric Saubert made it or will get cut after Tomlinson gets resigned? Or Duclich is going on IR?

How many go on Practice Squad?
    16 go on PS now. It’s also not like it used to be. They totally revamped the rules because of COVID. There are no more limits on how many years of playing time or not being able to bring guys up and down like there used to be. It’s actually pretty good now. I expect to see Seth Williams, Muti, Ozigbo, and maybe even Josh Johnson on the PS.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    5m
    Looking like speedy WR Jalen Virgil has good chance of keeping Broncos undrafted rookie run going.
    It will be 18 of past 19 years an undrafted rookie made Broncos' season-opening 53-man roster. #9sports

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    14m
    Tomlinson picked for one-day procedural sacrifice because he's a vet not subjected to waivers. Released and re-signed tomorrow. #rostergymnastics #9sports

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    18m
    The Broncos are releasing veteran Eric Tomlinson as a procedural roster move, per sources. Will be re-signed to 53 tomorrow. Broncos need to float an injured player or two for a day so they wind up on short-term IR (4 games). Players put on IR today are done for season. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

I don't like keeping Rypien over Johnson as the backup QB. JJ outplayed him and has the better arm. Brett is a nice kid but he doesn't have an NFL arm or talent to keep a team afloat if Russ went down. I though JJ at least gave them a fighting chance. Surprised about the WR moves. Hope we get some of those guys back on the PS.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    16 go on PS now. It’s also not like it used to be. They totally revamped the rules because of COVID. There are no more limits on how many years of playing time or not being able to bring guys up and down like there used to be. It’s actually pretty good now. I expect to see Seth Williams, Muti, Ozigbo, and maybe even Josh Johnson on the PS.
    Thanks Horse I didn't realize it had changed that much. For my own 100% selfish reasons I hope we keep Josh. Plus I think he's a good backup and would be a great safety net. He gives great hugs and was super nice to hubby when I introduced them to each other.
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Horse, B Johnson was because of injury. I just read he got a injury settlement for a high ankle sprain. So now I wait till practice squad is announced. Well I'm getting ready to drive to AZ so I can see myself pulling off a few times to see who made the practice squad. Thank you Carol for putting all this in one spot.
    I don't think they can sign anyone to the PS until tomorrow, so drive safe!

DNVR Broncos
    @DNVR_Broncos
    ·
    6m
    �� Malik Reed is headed to the Steelers��

(Trade terms via
    @mikeklis)

We get a 6th, they get a 7th and Malik. I'm so bummed, he's one of my favorite players. I always have one that hurts and I hope this is the only one.
    It was good getting a 6th and 7th for reed because Bonnito and browner are just better

Oh man I was wrong: Backup QB battle: Denver Broncos release Josh Johnson

I have never met a nicer, kinder man that walked on the Bronco field. He's just a amazing person. I would guess they don't want to lose Brett, but this does break my heart.
    I can’t believe we chose to go with rypien as the back up. Thank goodness Wilson is pretty much iron man and doesn’t get hurt because we are screwed if rypien has to come in for a few week’s. Wow I really thought johnson out played rypien by far in the actual game’s.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Purcell is 21. Rumor is, they’re gonna re-sign him tomorrow to a more team-friendly (spoken cheaper) deal and put Ojemudia and Dulcich on short-term IR.

Oh and I saw this too:

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    Broncos have waived WR Kendall Hinton, per source. Hope he clears so he can be brought back on practice squad. #9sports
    Yeah I think he’ll clear waivers and be back on our practice squad. He’s always next man up off the practice squad when injury pops up

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information