Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Taylor Swift can't hold Stevie Nick's jock strap.

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Canada, eh
    Posts
    1,094

    Default

    Sound like this requires a celebrity death match to solve…..

  2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:


  3. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    43,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    It's unclear to me which of those are Fleetwood Mac and which are hers alone. Can you tell?
    Does that matter? She wrote them, regardless of if she was solo or with the group.

  4. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    30,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Does that matter? She wrote them, regardless of if she was solo or with the group.
    Yes, it matters.

    Is the song credited to her alone, or the band? If it's credited to the band, then it's unclear who did what and who was the real creative force behind it. If it's credited to her alone, it's pretty clear it's all her thing. Right? This make sense?

    I've digged into it a bit more and get the feeling that she was a pretty significant contributor--a main player.

    Right now, I'm of the opinion that it's a close thing. Nicks has the better singing chops in my opinion. By a bit.

    Nicks also benefits from having multiple other heavies on her card during her FM era. Mick, Lindsay, Christine were all amazing songwriters and stellar musicians. If you look into any particular song (ie Dreams, Landslide, etc.) that Nicks has credit for, interviews seem to indicate that there was collaboration after the fact. The initial song ended up different than the massive int'l success we all heard. To me, this sounds a lot like Taylor Swift.

    That is: "she's a genius"

    And also: "she had a lot of help"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Harris View Post
    "If you go out and you ball, the Broncos will take care of you."

  5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:


  6. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    43,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Yes, it matters.

    Is the song credited to her alone, or the band? If it's credited to the band, then it's unclear who did what and who was the real creative force behind it. If it's credited to her alone, it's pretty clear it's all her thing. Right? This make sense?

    I've digged into it a bit more and get the feeling that she was a pretty significant contributor--a main player.

    Right now, I'm of the opinion that it's a close thing. Nicks has the better singing chops in my opinion. By a bit.

    Nicks also benefits from having multiple other heavies on her card during her FM era. Mick, Lindsay, Christine were all amazing songwriters and stellar musicians. If you look into any particular song (ie Dreams, Landslide, etc.) that Nicks has credit for, interviews seem to indicate that there was collaboration after the fact. The initial song ended up different than the massive int'l success we all heard. To me, this sounds a lot like Taylor Swift.

    That is: "she's a genius"

    And also: "she had a lot of help"
    I hear you. It's nick-picking, but I get your point.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble
    Posts
    51,293

    Default

    Swift didn't need a big time band around her to become a superstar!

  8. #21
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    84,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Yes, it matters.

    Is the song credited to her alone, or the band? If it's credited to the band, then it's unclear who did what and who was the real creative force behind it. If it's credited to her alone, it's pretty clear it's all her thing. Right? This make sense?

    I've digged into it a bit more and get the feeling that she was a pretty significant contributor--a main player.

    Right now, I'm of the opinion that it's a close thing. Nicks has the better singing chops in my opinion. By a bit.

    Nicks also benefits from having multiple other heavies on her card during her FM era. Mick, Lindsay, Christine were all amazing songwriters and stellar musicians. If you look into any particular song (ie Dreams, Landslide, etc.) that Nicks has credit for, interviews seem to indicate that there was collaboration after the fact. The initial song ended up different than the massive int'l success we all heard. To me, this sounds a lot like Taylor Swift.

    That is: "she's a genius"

    And also: "she had a lot of help"
    The Caveat to that though is Nicks was in a "band" while Swift is an "artist". The only person who takes credit for Swift is Swift because she is a one woman show. When you are part of a band more than one person takes credit because its a collective. I would take a gander and say that when Nicks went solo the credit was all hers as opposed to the work she did with Mac. Right now you are comparing apples to oranges.

  9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:


  10. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble
    Posts
    51,293

    Default

    Songwriter of the decade. That seems pretty good right? I just looked up the awards Stevie Nicks has won and I don't see any songwriting awards! In fact I don't see any solo awards at all! Just two Grammys won with fleetwood mac. Swifty has won a cool 11 Grammys as a solo artist. Checkmate, bitches!

    https://pitchfork.com/news/taylor-sw...ad-her-speech/

    Ahead of the release of her new album Midnights next month, Taylor Swift was named the Songwriter-Artist of the Decade by the Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI). She gave a speech tonight at the NSAI 2022 Nashville Songwriter Awards, which took place at the historic Ryman Auditorium. She discussed her history as a songwriter, the way she categorizes the songs she writes, and her process of re-recording her first albums.

  11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  12. #23
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    84,082

    Default

    Nicks > Swift

    #SwiftiesNeedToDie

  13. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    only Von
    Posts
    34,290

    Default

    Midnights is gonna be dope, the cover alone is an instant classic.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group