Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Taylor Swift can't hold Stevie Nick's jock strap.

Sound like this requires a celebrity death match to solve…..

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    It's unclear to me which of those are Fleetwood Mac and which are hers alone. Can you tell?
    Does that matter? She wrote them, regardless of if she was solo or with the group.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Does that matter? She wrote them, regardless of if she was solo or with the group.
    Yes, it matters.

Is the song credited to her alone, or the band? If it's credited to the band, then it's unclear who did what and who was the real creative force behind it. If it's credited to her alone, it's pretty clear it's all her thing. Right? This make sense?

I've digged into it a bit more and get the feeling that she was a pretty significant contributor--a main player.

Right now, I'm of the opinion that it's a close thing. Nicks has the better singing chops in my opinion. By a bit.

Nicks also benefits from having multiple other heavies on her card during her FM era. Mick, Lindsay, Christine were all amazing songwriters and stellar musicians. If you look into any particular song (ie Dreams, Landslide, etc.) that Nicks has credit for, interviews seem to indicate that there was collaboration after the fact. The initial song ended up different than the massive int'l success we all heard. To me, this sounds a lot like Taylor Swift.

That is: "she's a genius"

And also: "she had a lot of help"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Yes, it matters.

Is the song credited to her alone, or the band? If it's credited to the band, then it's unclear who did what and who was the real creative force behind it. If it's credited to her alone, it's pretty clear it's all her thing. Right? This make sense?

I've digged into it a bit more and get the feeling that she was a pretty significant contributor--a main player.

Right now, I'm of the opinion that it's a close thing. Nicks has the better singing chops in my opinion. By a bit.

Nicks also benefits from having multiple other heavies on her card during her FM era. Mick, Lindsay, Christine were all amazing songwriters and stellar musicians. If you look into any particular song (ie Dreams, Landslide, etc.) that Nicks has credit for, interviews seem to indicate that there was collaboration after the fact. The initial song ended up different than the massive int'l success we all heard. To me, this sounds a lot like Taylor Swift.

I hear you. It's nick-picking, but I get your point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Swift didn't need a big time band around her to become a superstar!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yes, it matters.

The Caveat to that though is Nicks was in a "band" while Swift is an "artist". The only person who takes credit for Swift is Swift because she is a one woman show. When you are part of a band more than one person takes credit because its a collective. I would take a gander and say that when Nicks went solo the credit was all hers as opposed to the work she did with Mac. Right now you are comparing apples to oranges.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Songwriter of the decade. That seems pretty good right? I just looked up the awards Stevie Nicks has won and I don't see any songwriting awards! In fact I don't see any solo awards at all! Just two Grammys won with fleetwood mac. Swifty has won a cool 11 Grammys as a solo artist. Checkmate, bitches!

https://pitchfork.com/news/taylor-sw...ad-her-speech/

Ahead of the release of her new album Midnights next month, Taylor Swift was named the Songwriter-Artist of the Decade by the Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI). She gave a speech tonight at the NSAI 2022 Nashville Songwriter Awards, which took place at the historic Ryman Auditorium. She discussed her history as a songwriter, the way she categorizes the songs she writes, and her process of re-recording her first albums.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Nicks > Swift

#SwiftiesNeedToDie

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Midnights is gonna be dope, the cover alone is an instant classic.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information