Thread: Ready for game day: How Head Coach Nathaniel Hackett puts together a game plan

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Ready for game day: How Head Coach Nathaniel Hackett puts together a game plan

When General Manager George Paton introduced the Broncos' 18th coach in franchise history, he spoke at length about Nathaniel Hackett's infectious enthusiasm and ability to connect.

Those traits have been mentioned often over the last six months, as the first-time head coach has endeared himself to his players and staff with his positivity and an innovative approach to leading a team.

Another element to Hackett's resume, though, may be his most impressive trait — even if it's not mentioned as often as his relentless energy.

His football mind.

As the Broncos aim to return to the postseason for the first time since winning Super Bowl 50, they'll need more than Hackett's ability to transform the team culture and build chemistry. They'll also rely on Hackett to revitalize an offense that hasn't averaged more than 22 points per game since 2015.
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/r...er-a-game-plan

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    This was one of the last questions I had about Hackett. How well does he game plan? Well, truth be told, we really are not going to get the answer to that until well into the season, and well after the approximate 6 wk period when teams have plenty of tape on you to look for tendencies, etc.

This is an excellent article, however, that documents his process. Fascinating read, and highly recommend.

I'm good with the hire and everything but of course need Hackett to prove himself. I'm wary that he's just a cheerleader but hopeful he's much deeper than that. But the enthusiasm is refreshing (already having the first play dialed up for game 1) and time will tell in his attention to detail and game planning. But the little I watched of the Cowboy game he seemed to command the sideline and handled the end of first half very well with his timeouts. We also seemed to throw a lot of vertical routes/passes so I do think we will be throwing it deep often, which opens up the intermediate stuff. I think we're going to be hard to stop.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information