Thread: 'I'm just so blessed to be here': Undrafted free agent WR Jalen Virgil makes Broncos' 53-man roster just weeks before expecting first child

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default 'I'm just so blessed to be here': Undrafted free agent WR Jalen Virgil makes Broncos' 53-man roster just weeks before expecting first child

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — For the 18th time in the last 19 seasons, an undrafted free agent has earned a spot on the Broncos' initial 53-man roster.

Wide receiver Jalen Virgil, a rookie out of Appalachian State University, is the newest player to take up that mantle in Denver, joining an esteemed group that includes former Broncos stars like Chris Harris Jr. and C.J. Anderson and current teammates like Essang Bassey. Virgil turned heads throughout the preseason and has earned a roster spot despite not receiving a call on draft day, and on Tuesday, he became the lone rookie college free agent on Denver's roster.

The first thing Virgil did after learning he'd made the 53-man roster was FaceTime his entire family. His mom was crying, he said, and his sister and dad were smiling as he told them the good news.

"It's a whole bunch of different emotions," Virgil told DenverBroncos.com just over an hour after he found out he made the roster. "I've worked really hard for this my whole life, and I wouldn't have had it happen any other way. I've always been an underdog throughout my whole career — high school, college, coming out of the draft — [but], like I said, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm just so blessed to be here."
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/i...l-makes-bronco

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

He and Bonitto really impressed me in the preseason. Glad he is on the team

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

We’re happy to have you Virgil!!!!! Can’t wait to see you blowing the doors off the top of the defense with that amazing speed! Big 55 yard bombs from Wilson who has the best most accurate deep passes in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    He and Bonitto really impressed me in the preseason. Glad he is on the team
    Yeah especially Bonnito man that guy looks like a fricking stud already! His get off is amazing and that speed and bend around the edge is amazing as well. Browner as well! I knew he could rush the passer for the inside LB position and it did look good back then but I never Imagined he’d be able to line up at the edge and look this good this soon as if he’s a natural and been playing edge rusher the last 6 year’s or what not. I am loving our edge rushers we have and we are deep there

7. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information