Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Cowboys 08/13/22

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Some observations from the game-

We have some crazy depth at WR. These young guys are playing well out there.

Josh Johnson solidified his spot as the backup QB. If he holds serve over the next two games, Rypien might end up on the practice squad.

Baron Browning is the real deal at OLBer.

Albert O still can't block. Dulcich should have a chance to get some playing time if he can get healthy.

We need to get some depth in here at ILBer quickly. Once the second team went out, the Cowboys ran all over the Broncos.

Depth at pass rusher looks great.

Speaking of running.... we need Billy Turner to get healthy ASAP.

Looks like we actually have a dynamic returner that can hang onto the ball. Special teams as a whole looks vastly improved.

The play calling was phenomenal. This offense is going to put some points on the scoreboard when Russell and the starters get out there.

It was a preseason game. Let's not go crazy, but...

Great first preseason game. There's a lot of things to be excited about.
    Im still a little concerned about pass blocking, both teams were using backups so its hard to read how good the line will be against an actual starting defense.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Victory Speech: Nathaniel Hackett shouts out Broncos after win vs. Cowboys

Aug 14, 2022

Take a look inside the locker room as Head Coach Nathaniel Hackett recognizes players who turned in strong performances in a 17-7 win over the Cowboys.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...win-vs-cowboys

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Full game highlights: Broncos vs. Cowboys | Preseason Week 1

Aug 13, 2022

Watch the top plays from the Denver Broncos' game vs. the Dallas Cowboys during Preseason Week 1.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...eseason-week-1

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

NFL Network is rerunning the game. Ist period almost over.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Very encouraged after seeing the game.

My concerns before the game: In general, the coaching staff just because they are all so green. Run defense. ST’s. Depth at CB, ILB & WR. Can our backup QB’s throw completions and run the offense? Can our depth players create a pass rush on Edge and the interior?

My concerns after the game: Rushing offense & defense. Depth at ILB and run stuffing DT’s after the starters. Jury is out on depth at CB; I’m just not sure yet.

As you can see, my concerns were alleviated to some degree. Hackett and the rest passed the first test big time as far as I’m concerned. The team looked waaay better prepared than did the cowboys who have a veteran coaching staff. And the time management at the end of the half was a breath of fresh air; just superb.
    Run defense & run offense has a a lot to work on. I do believe the run offense will be much better with the starters in, but what about the run stuffers after the starters?

This is not just a ILB problem, I saw the big uglies up front getting pushed around regularly during the run. The good news is the depth at Edge & the interior pass rush. It was just fantastic.

Josh Johnson was offensive player of the game, as far as I’m concerned. Many of his throws, including long balls, were on the money, and loved his touch in the end zone. Rypien was solid enough. Yes, he threw 2 or 3 dropped int.’s, but he moved the chains, ate clock up, and had a couple of nice throws over 15 yds himself. Will be a valuable PS player, as there is no reason to keep him on the roster.

Overall, I’m very pleased with what I saw in relation to concerns. However, a much better test is coming next Saturday in Buffalo even if Allen doesn’t play. Let’s ride!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Albert O still can't block. Dulcich should have a chance to get some playing time if he can get healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Im still a little concerned about pass blocking, both teams were using backups so its hard to read how good the line will be against an actual starting defense.
    I watched less than 5 minutes of the start of the game, but I’ve been watching football for over 40 years. If my understanding of all of the commentaries that I’ve read in this tread are accurate, the fact that we were playing our backup can be considered a mitigating circumstance for our pass blockers poor performance, until you consider that these backups will be called on to take on extended starting roles if we get an injury bug. If they had problems handling Dallas’ backups, especially those who won’t be making the opening day roster or practice squad of any team, then what are they going to do when they have to lineup against pro-bowlers and/or future Hall of Famers?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

9. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information