Thread: Mile High Morning: Georgia Tech honors Demaryius Thomas

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Mile High Morning: Georgia Tech honors Demaryius Thomas

The Lead

On Aug. 8, a day that Georgia Tech has established as Demaryius Thomas Day in a nod to his collegiate and professional jersey numbers, the institution held a ceremony to honor his life and legacy.

Pro Football Hall of Famer and former Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning was among those to speak in Thomas' honor, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Ken Sugiura.

"With the Broncos, [Thomas] was the most unselfish teammate I ever played with," Manning said. "He always put the team before himself. Off the field, he was a caring, giving and gentle old soul. He was a hero to my kids like he was for so many others, and he made a tremendous impact in communities here in Georgia and in Colorado."
    rest, plus peyton video - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/m...maryius-thomas

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

DT was a hell of a guy by all accounts, I’ve never heard a bad thing said about him or his character.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    DT was a hell of a guy by all accounts, I’ve never heard a bad thing said about him or his character.
    Sure you have...he wouldn't dive. All jokes aside, agreed. I loved him. He was what a teammate should be, and from all other accounts a human being too.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Yeah. Sure he wasn't an angel, but I don't like those types anyways. He comes across as the real deal. A trueheart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

[QUOTE=Davii;3166284]DT was a hell of a guy by all accounts, I’ve never heard a bad thing said about him or his character.[/QUOTE

Absolutely and coming from the back ground he came from he had every right to slip into trouble from within his own household but he was able to stay strong and focused as a juvenile and make it out on the highest level. I’m glad the league every year comes up with safer helmets and shit. Like this year in camp they have these extra padded helmets that DL and OL and backs etc use to totally soften the natural helmet contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Yeah. Sure he wasn't an angel, but I don't like those types anyways. He comes across as the real deal. A trueheart.
    What do you mean he wasn’t an angel???? What issue has DT ever had????

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information