Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Official training camp news and everything!!!

Randy Gregory and Billy Turner are ready for practice now

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Gyldenlove For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Could’ve been MUCH a worse. I’m seeing 4-6 weeks so there’s a possibility he only misses Seattle but could miss the first 3 games.
    as long as they don't have to saw it off, it can always be worse. . .

as far as schobert goes, he's not a thumper, but he has a nose for the ball, and is solid in coverage. . . he's as good as it gets for a mid-august signing. . . i love paton's diligence when it comes to building depth. . . OT still isn't right, but we actually have some competition on the interior, and the receiver group is going to require some tough choices-- we may have another situation like last year, when they were able to unload trinity benson for a draft pick rather than cutting him. . . i like mathis, ojemudia, sterns and johnson in the secondary, and the group of browning, reed, bonito and cooper gives us enviable depth on the edge if the top two guys can stay heathy-- and a viable backup plan if they don't. . . IMO, browning is already putting chubb and gregory on notice that one of them may be expendable going forward. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

I like the Schobert signing. Apparently, he turned down other offers to play in Denver as he bought his permanent residence near there. They don't have to force Griffith back now until he is completely ready, and Schobert is good enough that he could push for starting time even when Griffith does come back.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

8. The Following User High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Bring back Alexander Johnson.

Depth issue, resolved.

So what would you guys give for roquan smith? Great mLB outta Georgia a couple year ago drafted by the bears….. I heard he demanded a trade and he’d definitely solve the ILB spot for the next 10 year’s. Having an elite one like that makes you only need to have one solid run stuffer at the other ILB spot.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    as long as they don't have to saw it off, it can always be worse. . .

as far as schobert goes, he's not a thumper, but he has a nose for the ball, and is solid in coverage. . . he's as good as it gets for a mid-august signing. . . i love paton's diligence when it comes to building depth. . . OT still isn't right, but we actually have some competition on the interior, and the receiver group is going to require some tough choices-- we may have another situation like last year, when they were able to unload trinity benson for a draft pick rather than cutting him. . . i like mathis, ojemudia, sterns and johnson in the secondary, and the group of browning, reed, bonito and cooper gives us enviable depth on the edge if the top two guys can stay heathy-- and a viable backup plan if they don't. . . IMO, browning is already putting chubb and gregory on notice that one of them may be expendable going forward. . .
    Love sterns but PJ Locke has been out playin him by far.

And yeah browning at OLB is definitely the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    I like the Schobert signing. Apparently, he turned down other offers to play in Denver as he bought his permanent residence near there. They don't have to force Griffith back now until he is completely ready, and Schobert is good enough that he could push for starting time even when Griffith does come back.
    Broncos need to just trade for roquan smith and put a end to this ILB issues we’ve had for years and years. Then the second ILB can be a guy like jewell a thumper who can’t cover really but can stuff the run. The 3-4 requires good play from your 2 ILBs

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Bring back Alexander Johnson.

Depth issue, resolved.
    Didn’t he get a major injury?

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    Lol this guy admits he has no clue what’s going on out there. For a guy on his what 5th team he should have somewhat of a clue what’s going on out there being a guy whose seen a whole lot on numerous defenses and playing in the 3-4 just last year with Pitt I believe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Lol this guy admits he has no clue what’s going on out there. For a guy on his what 5th team he should have somewhat of a clue what’s going on out there being a guy whose seen a whole lot on numerous defenses and playing in the 3-4 just last year with Pitt I believe
    Brand new D with different terminology, etc. Takes time for anyone to get up to speed in that scenario

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

So what would you guys give for roquan smith? Great mLB outta Georgia a couple year ago drafted by the bears….. I heard he demanded a trade and he’d definitely solve the ILB spot for the next 10 year’s. Having an elite one like that makes you only need to have one solid run stuffer at the other ILB spot.
    Nothing. He’s demanding a trade because he feels he deserves to be the highest LB and set the market.

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Nothing. He’s demanding a trade because he feels he deserves to be the highest LB and set the market.
    this! He wants to set the market in annual average salary, and he ain’t that good…

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post
    this! He wants to set the market in annual average salary, and he ain’t that good…
    Guess that doesn't say much about the rest of the Bears team. HC says Smith is their best player.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

21. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Didn’t he get a major injury?
    Torn Pectoral, not minor but something quite recoverable.

He was solid before the injury.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information