Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Taylor Swift is so ******* Good

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Has any other pop star been able to maintain their popularity to this level for so long? It's actually quite impressive.

2. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Mods, please throw this in the tank. She is ruined.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

My review of 1989 (Taylor's Version): 9 killer pop songs in a row followed by 4 of the most tofu songs you've ever heard. 2 great "from the vault" tracks though

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The GOAT tight end is ravaging her tight end. The breakup music is going to be incredible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Has any other pop star been able to maintain their popularity to this level for so long? It's actually quite impressive.
    Not even the scandals knocked down Jackson.

Madonna had a long lasting peak, IIRC, and some incredible longevity. '

Beyonce also comes to mind.

Those might be the Everest--alongside TS, of course--in terms of what you're talking about. Elvis is in the mix.

7. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

We got a contender in Rihanna.

I've maybe listened to 5 Madonna songs in my life.

Madonna cements status as biggest-selling female recording artist of all time
    https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...ll-time-760147

Queen of Pop Madonna seems to be unreachable when it comes to music sales.

The iconic American singer, who is currently touring the world on her Celebration Tour, has renewed her record-breaking status as the biggest-selling female recording artist.

Madonna, 65, said during an interview on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon last year that she had sold over 400 million records – albums, singles and digital – during her career.

While precise sales figures are difficult to obtain, it’s widely acknowledged that only The Beatles, Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson have sold more records worldwide, making Madonna the best-selling female singer.

Rihanna, Mariah Carey, Taylor Swift and Beyoncé make up the rest of the top five.

Madonna is also the highest-grossing female touring artist, having made a box-office gross of $1,389,746,222 (£1,157,136,058) from her tours, as of July 2022.

She’s ranked fifth overall, behind The Rolling Stones, U2, Elton John and Bruce Springsteen, but of course, her figure will soon increase thanks to her latest outing.

9. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Madonna is an institution.

11. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I don't remember making this connection before, but the Swift-Petty connection makes complete sense.

Taylor Swift: Tom Petty ‘Represented a Kind of Songwriting I Idolized’
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...olized-120619/

“To me, Tom Petty represented a kind of songwriting I idolized: complex simplicity,” she said to Rolling Stone.

“It said so much in the lyrics, the concepts, the stories, the message, the nuances … but always brought you back to a hook that got stuck in everyone’s head. He motivated thousands of guitarists to learn to play just because they wanted to be able to play ‘Free Fallin.” Count me as one of them.”

In 2009, Swift covered and recorded Petty’s “American Girl” during her Fearless tour. Three years and two albums later on 2012’s Red, Swift began to shed her more youthful approach in favor of more empowering themes, embodying the very kind of country-to-pop crossover that Petty paved the way for.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information