Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Season Preview- Offense

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Russ doesn’t have anything worst about him. Smh idk why people took that garbage shit seattle fans started saying once he was no longer a Seahawks and got people like yourself running with it
    its literally written all over the place about his whole career including when he came out of college that the throw he struggles with the most is the intermediate routes do a little research there bud. I been a denver fan since 1980 so you can f' right off with the fan card BS. I Love Russ and am stoked to have him but its called reality and its something you should work on. I loved Peyton but he had faults as well, doesn't mean he or Russ isn't elite. Talking about them doesn't make you less a fan you dumbass it just means you live in the real world and can call a spade a spade.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 07-25-2022 at 01:10 AM.

2. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Wilson can throw any route. I've watched a lot of Russell Wilson living in Oregon as much as I have recently. We'll be fine.
    Its not that he cant throw it, he just isn't as good at it as the other throws and struggles there sometimes. He also doesn't prefer those routes over the deeper balls. Again it doesn't mean he isn't elite, i just don't think this Russ to Jeudy connection is gonna to materialize the way some do....

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Wilson has his flaws. I believe new scenery will rejuvenate him. Seattle became boring and stale for Wilson. You saw it in his demeanor. Yes, even after their shellacking of the Broncos in the SB.

Nice work, Ziggy, as usual. I’m excited for the season. 12-4 Broncos here we come....only losing games in nail biters. Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders are going down.

Geaux Broncos!!!

5. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Neither Bradley Chubb or Jerry Jeudy should be labeled a “bust”

In recent years, Broncos Country, fans and media, have been throwing around the word “bust” when discussing certain players on the Broncos roster that haven’t met expectations. Of the players currently on the Broncos roster, this term has been used to describe Bradley Chubb and Jerry Jeudy. While Chubb and Jeudy may not have met the lofty expectations set for them, neither player has been a bust.
    https://denverfan.com/2099466/neithe...abeled-a-bust/

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Neither Bradley Chubb or Jerry Jeudy should be labeled a “bust”

https://denverfan.com/2099466/neithe...abeled-a-bust/
    Good perspective

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I disagree that he has issues with intermediate throws, struggles or anything else. He may prefer deep throws or sideline throws, but he does not have issues there.

Peyton always said his favorite throws were sideline throws because you dont have to worry about anything on that side. Which is why he threw so many of those, but he never had issues with the middle. Russel Wilson is the exact same.

Its the same thing for the "he doesnt throw to TEs". This is crap. He didnt throw a ton to middle because they didnt have guys that could get open. He threw a ton to TEs when he had good ones. They have had shit since. Just DK and Ty. I believe Sutton is better than DK. I think JJ has potential to be as good as Ty, I dont think he will (TY has amazing hands), but Timmy P does too. KJ may replace the TY role, even though KJ will have his own packages.

I just do not buy Russell Wilson having any issues here. EVERYTHING is an upgrade here. OLine. WR. TE. RB. Coach. SCHEME. DEFENSE. and we know what to do with HOF QBs here in Denver.

IMO Russel's problems with intermediate/over-the-middle throws have nothing to do with his actual throwing ability or talent, but have everything to do with him having trouble seeing over a crowded LOS. If he has a window to see and throw it, he's fine. But, like anyone, if he can't physically see it it's a problem. And due to his height, it's more often a problem for Russ than for some others.

10. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Its not that he cant throw it, he just isn't as good at it as the other throws and struggles there sometimes. He also doesn't prefer those routes over the deeper balls. Again it doesn't mean he isn't elite, i just don't think this Russ to Jeudy connection is gonna to materialize the way some do....
    Yes Russell seems to prefer the deeper routes. I don't think he sees the intermediate routes especially in the hash area as well due to his height. So yes he prefers to throw what he sees.

Jeudy...seems to struggle in press/man coverage getting off the line of scrimmage. Messes with timing routes. Unless JJ decides to get more physical, he's going to continue to struggle...at least this is how it seems to me. Granted, we haven't had a QB either.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

12. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Who's Wilson supposed to throw the ball to over the middle? Outside of DK for a couple of years he's had small WRs like Lockett who get lost over the middle for a shorter QB.

Gimme two verticals in Sutton and Patrick and Wilson will be fine throwing anywhere.

After years of watching scrub QBs throw short armed dump off passes over the middle, I'm perfectly fine with play action moves with deep throws. Thankfully Hackett's already showing he's a true coach's son in adding in zone concepts which free up Wilson with clearer passing lanes outside our trash interior OL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    All Gordon does is score. What's not to like?
    His untimely fumbles that kills momentum.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    His untimely fumbles that kills momentum.
    He fumbles more than I like, besides that he's a stud. 3 fumbles last year and lost all 3. Williams 2 fumbles lost 1.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

16. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

All fumbles are untimely
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

its literally written all overt the place about his whole career including when he came out of college that the throw he struggles with the most is the intermediate routes do a little research there bud. I been a denver fan since 1980 so you can f' right off with the fan card BS. I Love Russ and am stoked to have him but its called reality and its something you should work on. I loved Peyton but he had faults as well, doesn't mean he or Russ isn't elite. Talking about them doesn't make you less a fan you dumbass it just means you live in the real world and can call a spade a spade.
    Horse shit. He has no flaws his only flaw was sticking it oitywithbseattle as long as he did.

Thee end

Lol your just hating on Jeudy. Wilson has already spoken highly of his guys so that’s enough for me. Over you and some seattle hacks hating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Horse shit. He has no flaws his only flaw was sticking it oitywithbseattle as long as he did.

Thee end
    So, he’s perfect? If that’s so, I’m at a loss to explain why he isn’t undefeated.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

On the positive side... Broncos can hit the super bowl with an outstanding QB and a good RB.

1. QB Elway and RB Davis

2. QB Manning and RB Anderson

3. QB Wilson and RB Gordon III/Williams ????

I think this season... they will run the ball often. RW is a mobile-quarterback and he might play some Wildcat Formations. They can do some trick plays on offense and it would be super fun to watch. Of course, they will have some explosive plays in passing games. CAN'T WAIT!

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information