Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Season Preview- Offense

Adopted Bronco:
    Gut

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Everyone? I certainly didn't and Jeudy. He couldn't beat press man coverage if Gumby was the corner!
    JJ will be fine. JJ got a little too full of himself and never got put into check. He just needs to grow up a little.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Disagree.

JJ was nearly a 1k wr his rookie year. Then last year ZERO tds and no yards. He didn't forget how to get open. He had 1 dropped pass. As many as Tim Patrick. Its 100% on the QB and on the OC. It was no coincidence that the wr numbers went up when lock took over last 3 games.

In a weird event he were to fail this year that would be on him. He won't tho. He is was DT was with Manning, when EVERYONE was calling him a bust.
    Nobody was calling DT a bust ever only you cause he wouldn't dive Also that same tim patrick didn't have a problem getting open and had the Qb's trust more. Funny....Maybe jeudy should work on being a complete WR, guess we will see, its year 3 make or break....

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
    JJ will be fine. JJ got a little too full of himself and never got put into check. He just needs to grow up a little.
    This is fair, and could be the main issue. Russ could be that needed check yourself like manning was for some of the guys when he came.

4. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

With this I would agree.

part that concerns me is he really doesn't seem to be willing to be physical and this is a contact sport.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Nobody was calling DT a bust ever only you cause he wouldn't dive Also that same tim patrick didn't have a problem getting open and had the Qb's trust more. Funny....Maybe jeudy should work on being a complete WR, guess we will see, its year 3 make or break....
    Nearly every bronco fan called dt a bust his first few years. I was one of his lone defenders.

You know this, Timmy p was our best wr last year because teddy had already gone through his first 2 reads. JJ was the Most Open wr last year and you have zero legs to stand on for that one my friend. Rawr!

He will make it. The entire O will. I am, after 1 tc practice for sure calling 3 -1k wr here.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Gut

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    With this I would agree.

part that concerns me is he really doesn't seem to be willing to be physical and this is a contact sport.

I can get that too . JJ is a different animal though. Everything he has comes from his quickness in his cuts. The dude goes sideways so fast he shouldn't need to check the fool in front of him. If I have a reason to worry about JJ it would be is attitude and his knees. I really like that i read he stood in the back corner of the QB film sessions to learn everything he can. To me that tells me he had a good gut check and that is fantastic for everyone that is a Broncos fan.
    Last edited by Quoydogs; 07-27-2022 at 09:37 PM.

8. The Following User High Fived Quoydogs For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Nearly every bronco fan called dt a bust his first few years. I was one of his lone defenders.

You know this, Timmy p was our best wr last year because teddy had already gone through his first 2 reads. JJ was the Most Open wr last year and you have zero legs to stand on for that one my friend. Rawr!

He will make it. The entire O will. I am, after 1 tc practice for sure calling 3 -1k wr here.

JJ is not a timing WR he struggles off the line with any physicality and press and with focus, this could be the year he dials it in, but to date he hasn't done or performed as he should. Facts are facts RAWR!

10. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I can get that too . JJ is a different animal though. Everything he has comes from his quickness in his cuts. The dude goes sideways so fast he shouldn't need to check the fool in front of him. If I have a reason to worry about JJ it would be is attitude and his knees. I really like that i read he stood in the back corner of the QB film sessions to learn everything he can. To me that tells me he had a good gut check and that is fantastic for everyone that is a Broncos fan.

If this is true that's a good step in the right direction for him.

If this is true that's a good step in the right direction for him.
    There’s no if, it is true Wilson said it himself.

Adopted Bronco:
    Gut

Yep Wilson said he sat quietly for hours in the back corner of the the QB film session to learn everything he could.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Yep Wilson said he sat quietly for hours in the back corner of the the QB film session to learn everything he could.
    Good for him.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Team seems to be talented in several positions. RT , NT and ILB remain areas of concern. Won’t get too hyped about the offense yet. It is going to take some time for everything to come together. Still unknown about how well Hackett calls plays and manages a game being that it is his first time as HC/Playcaller.

While I am excited to watch games again now that we have settled the QB question, I believe we should all pump the brakes a little till things jell a little more.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Gut

We've been pumping the brakes since Manning left. It's time to let it roll.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Quoydogs For This Post:

JJ is not a timing WR he struggles off the line with any physicality and press and with focus, this could be the year he dials it in, but to date he hasn't done or performed as he should. Facts are facts RAWR!
    I do not agree with this either. I think he does great with timing routes. We saw it when lock played. I have seen it the last two days at camp.

I am unsure about the struggling with press. I do not recall seeing anything like that the last two year, but I also did not pay attention to that. I will look today at camp and see how he does there (if they ever line up on him)....and I wont count a LB on him if he smokes the LB. A DB only to be fair. He has not performed as he should yes, but I say that about the entire offense aside from the ONE and ONLY position that the QB does not majorly affect. RB. And they have performed every year.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Man Jeudy DESTROYS press coverage lol it’s amazing all these things BRONCOS fans keep saying about this kid. If anybody wants to press jeudy they are going to get destroyed off the line and beaten badly. Jeudy legit has no weaknesses!!!!! The only thing holding him back was the quarterback play and mainly the OC smh. It’s going to be amazing watching him stake his claim as one of the best in the game now that he has a real quarterback whose elite at EVERYTHING! Hall of famer for sure. Can’t wait!!!!!!

Broncos country???? Let’s ride

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information