Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Randy Gradishar, Dan Reeves, Mike Shanahan named semifinalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2023

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Randy Gradishar, Dan Reeves, Mike Shanahan named semifinalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2023

Three former Broncos — one player and two coaches — are closer to football greatness in Canton, Ohio.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame announced on Thursday that Randy Gradishar, Mike Shanahan and Dan Reeves are among the 54 semifinalists for the Class of 2023's Seniors and Coach/Contributor categories.

Gradishar, the heart of the fabled "Orange Crush" defense that led Denver to its first Super Bowl appearance, has been a finalist for the Hall of Fame on three previous occasions, the most recent of which was as a finalist for the Hall's 2020 Centennial Slate.
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/r...ro-football-ha

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

All 3 should be in. Anyone who doesn't realize Gradiahar is a HOFer is a freaking moron who does not deserve to watch football.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    All 3 should be in. Anyone who doesn't realize Gradiahar is a HOFer is a freaking moron who does not deserve to watch football.
    New Football fans: Even us?

Chazoe: I did not stutter!
    Last edited by King87; 07-08-2022 at 03:10 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

HOF is completely illegitimate until Gradishar is in. Reeves is a no brainer if Marv Levy can make it. He not only guided Denver to three SB's and 4 AFCCG's, he too the Dirty Bird's to their first ever SB. His resume is better by every measure. Shanahan did something extremely difficult, not only bringing Denver our first ever SB, but breaking the NFC dominant streak as double digit underdogs along the way.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    HOF is completely illegitimate until Gradishar is in. Reeves is a no brainer if Marv Levy can make it. He not only guided Denver to three SB's and 4 AFCCG's, he too the Dirty Bird's to their first ever SB. His resume is better by every measure. Shanahan did something extremely difficult, not only bringing Denver our first ever SB, but breaking the NFC dominant streak as double digit underdogs along the way.
    Gradishar 1st, then Mecklenburg.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I say this every time this topic of conversation comes up but there is a pretty elite club of linebackers. I saw an analyst break it down a few years ago but there was a qualifier at tackles, interceptions, forced fumbles, and I believe one other stat. Every player that had achieved these specific milestones was in the Hall of Fame other than Randy gradishar. And his stats matched well with the guys that were already in.

11. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I say this every time this topic of conversation comes up but there is a pretty elite club of linebackers. I saw an analyst break it down a few years ago but there was a qualifier at tackles, interceptions, forced fumbles, and I believe one other stat. Every player that had achieved these specific milestones was in the Hall of Fame other than Randy gradishar. And his stats matched well with the guys that were already in.
    Don't you know...Denver inflated Gradishar's stats.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

13. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

I am mixed on Reeves. He was a successful coach, but I believe that a lot of his success in Denver was due to #7. And, he was holding John back with a 1960's offensive scheme (and not putting any talent around him). That is why I believe that Elway's injury against the Giants in 92 was the best thing that happened to the Broncos long term (crazy as that sounds). It led to the Broncos missing the playoffs, moving on from Reeves, and hiring Wade Phillips as HC. Wade wasn't a great coach, but he helped build a two-time SB winner for Shanahan by adding guys like Habib, Zimmerman, Elam, Rod Smith, and Carswell during his watch.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived 7DnBrnc53 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
    I am mixed on Reeves. He was a successful coach, but I believe that a lot of his success in Denver was due to #7. And, he was holding John back with a 1960's offensive scheme (and not putting any talent around him). That is why I believe that Elway's injury against the Giants in 92 was the best thing that happened to the Broncos long term (crazy as that sounds). It led to the Broncos missing the playoffs, moving on from Reeves, and hiring Wade Phillips as HC. Wade wasn't a great coach, but he helped build a two-time SB winner for Shanahan by adding guys like Habib, Zimmerman, Elam, Rod Smith, and Carswell during his watch.
    I don't necessarily disagree, but I do have a soft spot for Reeves. He absolutely held back Elway, but he was also a pretty darn good coach.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Yes Reeves held Elway back, but with the talent we had it's literally amazing we went to the dance three times. Reeves got us there along with Elway. He belongs.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I don't think you have to win a SB to be a HoFer as a coach or a player. Reeves won, period. He was too conservative, and like many folks got set in their ways,especially after tremendous success. But he did have that tremendous success.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

The HOF has become the Hall of Very Good anyway so might as well throw any Bronco we can get close in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

24. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I don't think you have to win a SB to be a HoFer as a coach or a player. Reeves won, period. He was too conservative, and like many folks got set in their ways,especially after tremendous success. But he did have that tremendous success.
    On the PFRA forum, one of the posters said this:

Reeves coached three teams and had losing records with two of them.

In 23 seasons, he averaged about 8.5 wins and 7.5 losses a season.

Doesn't look like an HOF resume to me.
    Exactly. Just because someone wins doesn't make him a HOFer. Look at Mike Tomlin and Bill Cowher. Cowher didn't deserve to be in, and Tomlin doesn't, either.

26. The Following User High Fived 7DnBrnc53 For This Post:

Gradishar should have been in a long time ago.

Reeves shouldn't get in, just because he coached a lot does not make him a great coach. Shanahan I am borderline on, he wasn't good in Washinton and he wasn't good with the Raiders, but he was good with the Broncos.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information