Thread: Broncos Notebook: Denver to stick to preseason plan as Bills prepare to play starters

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos Notebook: Denver to stick to preseason plan as Bills prepare to play starters

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — No matter what their preseason opponents have planned, the Broncos will follow their own schedule.

Hours after the Buffalo Bills announced they would play their starters "a healthy amount" this weekend against the Broncos, Head Coach Nathaniel Hackett maintained he would move forward with his own plan.

"It's about our team," Hackett said. "Our team and our team only. The only time it will ever affect the kind of the things that we do is during the season."

Hackett did not say outright whether his starters would play, but he again insinuated that the team's starters would see, at most, few snaps this weekend against Buffalo.
    rest plus video - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...e-to-play-star

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

That’s smart. I fully support not playing starters until the regular season. Preseason is for backups to earn their spot, not to prove that Russell Wilson can play QB. If Allen tears his ACL or separates his shoulder getting sacked by Baron Browning in a meaningless game, the Bills are gonna look dumb AF.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

4. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I would at least bet on the starters playing the 3rd preseason game. I doubt they sit all of them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I would at least bet on the starters playing the 3rd preseason game. I doubt they sit all of them.
    I hope they do.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

7. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Why not? The Rams sat all their starters last year. Aaron Rodgers never plays in the preseason. I can assure you, the vets with a couple years experience have absolutely nothing to gain but everything to lose by playing in the preseason. Going out there for a series or two isn’t gonna build any chemistry or timing or communication skills that practice hasn’t already done. Only rookies and backups should play in the preseason. Not a single thing will be gained by having guys like Wilson, or Jeudy, or Sutton, or Chubb or Surtain risk injury. I understand the theory that every rep is a good rep and injuries happen, but there is such a thing as not having unnecessary “shots on goal”, too.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Why not? The Rams sat all their starters last year. Aaron Rodgers never plays in the preseason. I can assure you, the vets with a couple years experience have absolutely nothing to gain but everything to lose by playing in the preseason. Going out there for a series or two isn’t gonna build any chemistry or timing or communication skills that practice hasn’t already done. Only rookies and backups should play in the preseason. Not a single thing will be gained by having guys like Wilson, or Jeudy, or Sutton, or Chubb or Surtain risk injury. I understand the theory that every rep is a good rep and injuries happen, but there is such a thing as not having unnecessary “shots on goal”, too.
    I just dont see it happening personally.

Also the injury thing is kind of dumb to worry about. Wilson could literally go into the opening game and blow out his knee, injuries can happen at any point of the season, not just preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

Facts **** the pre season. I’d rather use these games to develop depth!!!

I just dont see it happening personally.

Also the injury thing is kind of dumb to worry about. Wilson could literally go into the opening game and blow out his knee, injuries can happen at any point of the season, not just preseason.
    Then let it blow out in week 1 then during a game that matters. Not some pre season bullshit. I’m glad Hackett views the pre season as the time to develop some young guys. It makes sense

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Then let it blow out in week 1 then during a game that matters. Not some pre season bullshit. I’m glad Hackett views the pre season as the time to develop some young guys. It makes sense
    So blowing out the knee in game 1 of the regular season is different than blowing it out in 1 or 2 series of the last preseason game one week earlier? Lol ok, got it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information