Thread: Apparently His Hands Aren't the Only Things Melvin Gordon Fumbles With

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default Apparently His Hands Aren't the Only Things Melvin Gordon Fumbles With

Gordon told Broncos GM he's 'not going to lay down' in RB competition

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/melvin-gordon-told-broncos-gm-hes-not-going-to-lay-down-in-rb-competition-with-javonte-williams/

Last season, the Denver Broncos had one of the NFL's more effective two-man backfields. Veteran Melvin Gordon and rookie Javonte Williams split snaps nearly equally on a weekly basis, and by the end of the season, they each had exactly 203 carries, with Gordon averaging 4.5 yards a pop and Williams gaining 4.4 per tote. Williams had a bit more receiving volume with 43 catches to Gordon's 28, but Gordon had the edge in total touchdowns, scoring 10 times to Williams' seven.
    The arrangement worked fairly well in 2021, but going into 2022, people are generally more excited about Williams than they are Gordon. Williams is headed into his second NFL season and just turned 22 years old, while Gordon is headed into Year 8 and recently turned 29, so it's understandable that one would generate more buzz than the other.
    Gordon is conscious of the disconnect, he said at minicamp this week, but he's also not content to fade into the background behind Williams.
    Gordon said he knows people "want me to take a back seat," according to The Athletic's Nick Kosmider, but noted that he told general manager George Paton, "I'm not going to lay down" and let Williams run away with the top running back job under new coach Nathaniel Hackett.

It's always nice when there's competition for a position but you have to acknowledge that some players are just plain better than you are, fumblemouth. Go lay down on the bench until we need you. I told y'all we should have drafted a running back.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

His fumbles aside i have no problem with what he said honestly. He could easily just come in and ride the bench and do nothing, at least he seems interested in being the starter.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    His fumbles aside i have no problem with what he said honestly. He could easily just come in and ride the bench and do nothing, at least he seems interested in being the starter.
    He has the mentality he's supposed to have. I don't get the criticism for the mentality.

6. The Following 7 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Would have been nice if he would have attended OTAs also.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I never understand when people criticize these kinds of things. What is he supposed to say "Javonte js way better than me, I'm total backup material." These guys make it to this position partly because they have so much confidence in themselves, they have to.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I never understand when people criticize these kinds of things. What is he supposed to say "Javonte js way better than me, I'm total backup material." These guys make it to this position partly because they have so much confidence in themselves, they have to.
    I'm a scrubbity-scrub-ass-scrub and I'm just thankful for the check!

12. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Good because I’m going to need him to run with the same fire as if he’s a starter while backing up Williams. It’s good that he’s letting us know that he’s going to give it his all.

Anybody that has a problem with him saying this and feeling this way are just being clown’s. Just because you’d choose to lay down when your replacement is obviously in front of you DOESNT mean every other man or women will chose the lay down route

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Would have been nice if he would have attended OTAs also.
    He’s there for mandatory camp so that’s all that matter’s at the end of the day. Voluntary stuff is voluntary and we got like 98% of the guys that showed up to those so that’s a great number. DJ jones didn’t come to voluntary stuff either, some guys just chose to spend that last little time with there families or what not. And as long as they come in and do there job at a high level it’s all good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quite possibly the dumbest thread I've ever seen. Any other mentality than his is a loser mentality. I want all 53 players on the roster to think they should be starters and working their ass off toward that goal.

Stupid thread is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

17. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Keeler: If Russell Wilson is serious about changing culture of Broncos organization, he can start with Melvin Gordon.

If Russell Wilson is serious about changing the Broncos’ culture, he can start with Melvin Gordon.

It’s not talent. It’s perception. It’s Gordon’s self-awareness. And his sometimes curious lack thereof.

With Drew Lock and Teddy Bridgewater on opposite coasts, Gordon, Denver’s veteran time-share tailback, might be pushing wideout Jerry Jeudy among Broncos Country as Dove Valley’s most divisive offensive player.

With No. 25, there’s not much footing left when it comes to finding middle ground. Depending on whom you ask, Gordon is either an underrated, strong, confident, misunderstood fantasy-league workhorse or a selfish, me-first, fumble-prone headache.

The truth probably lies, as it usually does, somewhere in the middle. But Gordon didn’t exactly silence the detractors and haters when he was one of the most notable absences during voluntary organized team activities (OTAs) for a franchise that’s breaking in a new coach, new coordinators and a new franchise quarterback.
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2022/06/1...s-culture-nfl/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

19. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Im just posting for the obligatory u29 gordon post, post.

dumb thread
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information