Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos and Walton-Penner family enter into a purchase and sale agreement

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Seems more and more stadiums are utilizing the open/close type of formats. Whether or not Denver goes that route will be interesting.
    Then, you have the whole "where" question. I know the Kronke's own the Elitch Gardens land and park now and have plans to redevelop that area and move Elitches.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Then, you have the whole "where" question. I know the Kronke's own the Elitch Gardens land and park now and have plans to redevelop that area and move Elitches.
    Good ol' Elitches, its good to see they are still around. Is Lakeside still around as well?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Good ol' Elitches, its good to see they are still around. Is Lakeside still around as well?
    It is!

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    It is!
    PS - it's one of the oldest amusement parks in the nation.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It's ridiculous that Denver disqualifies themselves from hosting Super Bowls because of the stadium. Walton absolutely should build a new one with a retractable roof on it. I love snow games as much as the next guy, but it's time to catch up with the rest of the 21st century.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It's ridiculous that Denver disqualifies themselves from hosting Super Bowls because of the stadium. Walton absolutely should build a new one with a retractable roof on it. I love snow games as much as the next guy, but it's time to catch up with the rest of the 21st century.
    My guess is that that is part of the long term plan. It's exciting because we have no idea what might end up happening. We're in uncharted territory. I expect great things.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

11. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Football is an outdoor sport, meant to be played in the elements. Maybe instead of trying to change everything and dumbing it down, we should embrace what it was designed to be. ohh look no wind or moisture, the whole league should be outside.

Cold weather championship, not like it is unheard of.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post

Cold weather championship, not like it is unheard of.
    Not unheard of but not very popular with fans either.

Its one thing dealing with some rain but nobody wants to sit out in 30 degree weather for a championship game.

Not unheard of but not very popular with fans either.

Its one thing dealing with some rain but nobody wants to sit out in 30 degree weather for a championship game.
    Wimps, 51k people attended the ice bowl, way back when.

Im pretty sure, if the superbowl were played wherever, people would come. Its that kind of attraction.

17. The Following User High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Im pretty sure, if the superbowl were played wherever, people would come. Its that kind of attraction.

Some people would come but i still think people would rather be comfortable than worry about freezing their body parts off for a Super Bowl. IMO

I went to see UVA play Navy in a bowl game a couple of years ago and it was so damn cold i was miserable. Nevermind the fact UVA got their asses kicked it was just so unbearable for me to even enjoy any of it because of the weather. So people will go its a matter if they would actually enjoy any of it if they are worried about staying warm over watching the game.

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Watching your team play sub-optimally because of the weather isn't exactly thrilling to a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Denver won't host a Super Bowl unless they change to an indoor venue. Hard to say if this is something that will be in the cards.
    I’ve been saying since we got this super owner that we should build a retractable roof or a new stadium period a super stadium with retractable roof and a fan center.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

People act like the winters in Denver are like Green Bay or Detroit/Chicago. They're actually pretty mild here, with the rare occurrence of freezing temps and heavy snow.

23. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It's not 1960 anymore. Fans have to pay thousands upon thousands of dollars to travel to and get into this game. And the league wants their media and sponsors to have a good time. Denver will never get a Super Bowl in their current staduim. You can yell at the cloud all day about what wipms people are now, but it doesn't change the reality of things.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information