Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos and Walton-Penner family enter into a purchase and sale agreement

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I thought Kaiser and his 1st right of refusal threw a wrench in that deal?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I have not heard that. In any case, that can't feel great. Especially since after that, Elway lost a big chunk of money in a ponzi scheme.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I remember reading about it at the time, but can't find anything on it now. I think it was threatened, but since Elway declined, it wasn't an issue.

I've wondered if that played a part in Elway's decision.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I remember reading about it at the time, but can't find anything on it now. I think it was threatened, but since Elway declined, it wasn't an issue.

I've wondered if that played a part in Elway's decision.
    If that's the case, the Kaiser family probably hasn't gotten a Christmas card from Elway in a while.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by chanesaw View Post
    I wonder if Mellody has every been interested in being part of an NFL ownership group, or if they just begged her until she agreed so that the NFL could say they have a minority female owner now? She has an impressive resume, but the Walton family could afford buy the entire NFL if they wanted. They certainly didn't need an outside investor that is only worth $10 million herself. Her husband George Lucas is worth about $10 billion, so they probably used his money, but not his name.
    I don't really care. From everything I've seen and read she is an incredibly accomplished woman with an outstanding resume filled with success. I'm proud that she's part of the Broncos organization.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I don't really care. From everything I've seen and read she is an incredibly accomplished woman with an outstanding resume filled with success. I'm proud that she's part of the Broncos organization.
    Who was that poster that got pissed when we hired a female assistant coach? Was it Shazam? He must be fuming that a woman will be part of the group running things.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I'm looking forward to being able to buy cheap Chinese-made Broncos gear at low prices.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

10. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    5h
    To be clear, source says Rob Walton not only had highest bid, he had the greatest “assurity of closing” among Final 4 bidders. Other three groups had multiple investors and a little more financing in getting to $4.5B+range. Walton went $4.65B and had greater liquidity. #9sports

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    5h
    New Broncos owner Rob Walton may be rich but GM, coach, QB, roster matter more than money in NFL https://9news.com/article/sports/nfl...5-155568f05336
    via @9NEWS
    #9sports

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    10h
    Ishbia II: "how they go about their business. I worked hard on this and was excited to be a part of it but Rob Walton and his family will do an outstanding job and I wish nothing but the best for them and the Denver Broncos.” #9sports

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    10h
    Mat Ishbia, who was one of the 4 bidders attempting to buy the Broncos: “It was an honor to be part of the process. The Broncos are a first-class organization from all the leaders of the organization I met to the people who ran the sale process to (more) #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

12. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Yesssssssssss we have an owner!!!!! And the richest owner by far amongst everyone in the league! Time to make some upgrades to the stadium so we can host superbowls and drafts and etc!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Walton Family Purchase Of Denver Broncos Could Mean Big Potential For Team & Fans

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2022/06/...s-deal-denver/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I thought Kaiser and his 1st right of refusal threw a wrench in that deal?
    That was thrown out be a court some time ago.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Gyldenlove View Post
    That was thrown out be a court some time ago.
    Yes but at the time that Elway was offered a portion of the team it was still in play because Kaiser was still alive and would have won that court battle. In the end Elway wouldn't have been allowed to acquire that portion of the team.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Yes but at the time that Elway was offered a portion of the team it was still in play because Kaiser was still alive and would have won that court battle. In the end Elway wouldn't have been allowed to acquire that portion of the team.
    That's my understanding and what I think about every time one of these articles say, "Elway passed on what would be with 100's of millions...." (now a billionish)

20. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Yesssssssssss we have an owner!!!!! And the richest owner by far amongst everyone in the league! Time to make some upgrades to the stadium so we can host superbowls and drafts and etc!
    Denver won't host a Super Bowl unless they change to an indoor venue. Hard to say if this is something that will be in the cards.

22. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Denver won't host a Super Bowl unless they change to an indoor venue. Hard to say if this is something that will be in the cards.
    Seems more and more stadiums are utilizing the open/close type of formats. Whether or not Denver goes that route will be interesting.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information