Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos and Walton-Penner family enter into a purchase and sale agreement

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos and Walton-Penner family enter into a purchase and sale agreement

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Denver Broncos and the Walton-Penner family have entered into a purchase and sale agreement, it was jointly announced on Tuesday.
    The purchase and sale agreement calls for the Walton-Penner family to acquire the Denver Broncos from the Pat Bowlen Trust. The agreement is subject to approval from the NFL's finance committee and league ownership as well as the satisfaction of customary closing procedures.

Please see below for statements from Broncos President & CEO Joe Ellis and Rob Walton on behalf of the Walton-Penner Family Ownership Group:

STATEMENT FROM BRONCOS PRESIDENT & CEO JOE ELLIS
    "I have enjoyed getting to know Rob Walton, Carrie Walton Penner and Greg Penner throughout this process. Learning more about their background and vision for the Denver Broncos, I am confident that their leadership and support will help this team achieve great things on and off the field.
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...sale-agreement

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

This makes me happy
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Mellody Hobson is also George Lucas’ (yes that one) spouse. I’m hoping they bring Manning into the group also. Having him in an official role is important to the Broncos, IMO. He devotes a lot of time to the team and the community. Having him be more in the organization than just “former Broncos QB” or schedule release actor is important.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

I guess we'll start to see. The Bowlen era was incredible and a high bar was set. I'm cautiously optimistic about what the Walton regime will bring.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    This makes me happy
    Ditto!

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I like the Walton's, including the sister involved in other Denver teams, being so rooted in Colorado. I think that's a huge plus.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The Waltons get a bad rap in my opinion. I understand some of the criticism but also this family made billions by providing convenience and savings for American families. Yes, there's some shit that stinks but look into any Billionaire and there's going to be things that look unseemly to normal folks. I'll take the family that worked hard and provided actual goods and services to people over politicians who make $200K/year and are somehow worth 10s of $M's or the numerous people who profit off of death and destruction ie. War mongers and much of the pharma industry.

The Waltons and specifically the Rob Walton branch are pretty damn accomplished people and very philanthropic.

I think this will be a good thing for our region and the team we all love.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

I wonder if Mellody has every been interested in being part of an NFL ownership group, or if they just begged her until she agreed so that the NFL could say they have a minority female owner now? She has an impressive resume, but the Walton family could afford buy the entire NFL if they wanted. They certainly didn't need an outside investor that is only worth $10 million herself. Her husband George Lucas is worth about $10 billion, so they probably used his money, but not his name.
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm just glad we have an owner. Thanks for keeping the ship afloat Ellis, but it will be nice to actually have someone in charge.

18. The Following 7 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

20. The Following 8 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    The owner is instantly the richest of all owners in the league by a huge margin, and the QB is in the small group we call elite.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I like the fact that its an ownership group. Bowlen was a unicorn from a different era in that regard where one owner made all the right moves for a successful franchise. Now you are more likely to get a Snyder/Jerry Jones type who can single handedly mess things up if you go the one-owner route in my opinion.

So no we have the wealthiest owner, Melody Hobson who is a kickass leader/businesswoman and fulfills the NFL minority push, and others who can hold each other accountable. It really is a best case scenario and even a new stadium should come out of the ownership group's pockets hopefully if they go that direction. I think we should use some of that annexed land by DIA and build a whole Broncos stadium city like SoFi but that's just me! A downtown stadium is still really cool if they can pull it off, especially if they can integrate the new stadium into the beautiful stadium district master plan Denver has been working on: https://sararch.com/project/stadium-...t-master-plan/

Speaking of Melody Hobson, I sure hope we see George Lucas at the games I'd fanboy over him more than most players!

So next we get Russel Wilson locked up and then go from there. What an exciting time for Denver sports except for the stupid Rockies!

24. The Following 7 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Soooo...Just how badly is Elway kicking himself right now for passing up Pat's offer of an ownership stake? Imagine how differently the past few years might have played out.

26. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Had Elway accepted that 20% ownership stake when it was offered to him, today's sale would have essentially made him a billionaire. That's gotta sting.

28. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information