Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Deshaun Watson Offered Settlement Money Last October. Four Turned Him Down

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default Deshaun Watson Offered Settlement Money Last October. Four Turned Him Down

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...r-this-reason/

After I found out about Watson's new contract with the Browns, I said he's got plenty of money now to offer a settlement and have his masseuse problems go away. He should offer a million per claimant with a non-disclosure form. It's now been revealed that he tried this last October when he was trying to get the Texans to trade him to Miami. The Dolphins said they wouldn't agree to the trade unless he settled all his lawsuits. So Watson's lawyer offered each claimant $10,000 if they would withdraw their suit and sign a non-disclosure agreement (basically making this hush money but perfectly legal).

18 of the 22 women agreed but the other four did not so the trade to Miami fell through. I've said since the trade to Cleveland went down that if his contract is $230 million, he can offer $1 million to each claimant with the NDA and it would still leave him $208 million minus attorney fees. I think the NFL is also going to pressure him to settle in return for a lighter suspension.

Tony Buzbee, the attorney for all the claimants, said the four who rejected the $10,000 offer said it was the "aggressive" NDA that caused them to turn it down. A copy of the NDA can be found here:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nfl-st...cuser-revealed

I think the four holdouts must have thought $10,000 was a weak offer. I'd have to agree. But if he comes back with $1 million per claimant, I'd bet they all take it. Problem solved. However, if $10,000 got 18 of 22 claimants, I think Rusty Hardin should make the next offer $20,000 and see if that gets the four holdouts to accept. If, say, 3 of 4 agree then raise the offer to $30,000 and use the phrase "final offer". That's still only $660,000 - quite a bargain for making this go away.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

That seems like a bad sign for him.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Watson's attorney made a very awkward comment on Friday to Houston radio station KILT. He said whatever happened with Watson was not illegal - that two grand juries decided as much - and if he just happened to have a "happy ending" during a massage that this was not illegal also so long as he wasn't paying for it. So, I guess one could say Deshaun has a problem with jumping offside before the snap. Or you could say he "fires out" too soon. Technically, not illegal but could lead to a five-yard walk-back.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Watson's attorney made a very awkward comment on Friday to Houston radio station KILT. He said whatever happened with Watson was not illegal - that two grand juries decided as much - and if he just happened to have a "happy ending" during a massage that this was not illegal also so long as he wasn't paying for it. So, I guess one could say Deshaun has a problem with jumping offside before the snap. Or you could say he "fires out" too soon. Technically, not illegal but could lead to a five-yard walk-back.
    He came out later and tried to polish that turd of a statement…..

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I think a couple more allegations came out today. He is ******. I'm so happy we did not go in for him.

Lol @ the Browns

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

It just seems so massively impossible that he's not a predator, tbh.

9. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    It just seems so massively impossible that he's not a predator, tbh.
    Yeah - he seems creepy as F.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Yeah - he seems creepy as F.
    Definitely not a decent guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I was so right about this creep. I'll accept any and all apologies. Most especially from Buff.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I was so right about this creep. I'll accept any and all apologies. Most especially from Buff.
    I think he got married over the weekend.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Buff, I see you lurking today. Apologize to me you pouty ho!

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I think a couple more allegations came out today. He is ******. I'm so happy we did not go in for him.

Lol @ the Browns
    The browns are dumb anyway because he declined even going there initially until they came back the second time and said we’d give you 200 million fully guaranteed smh. So he only went for the money and anybody that solely goes to a team because of the cash cannot be taken serious imo.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    The browns are dumb anyway because he declined even going there initially until they came back the second time and said we’d give you 200 million fully guaranteed smh. So he only went for the money and anybody that solely goes to a team because of the cash cannot be taken serious imo.
    Or, you know, like 99.99% of those who reach Free Agency?

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Or, you know, like 99.99% of those who reach Free Agency?
    What are you getting at buddy?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    What are you getting at buddy?
    Given your reading of Von Miller's contract status maybe you're not the hottest at players and destination.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information