Thread: Broncos' RB Javonte Williams on Nathaniel Hackett's New Offense: 'He's Always Talking About Confusion'

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos' RB Javonte Williams on Nathaniel Hackett's New Offense: 'He's Always Talking About Confusion'

Javonte Williams dropped the curtain on the complex nature of the Broncos' new offensive scheme.

Color Javonte Williams impressed.

With the Denver Broncos installing a new offensive system under first-year head coach Nathaniel Hackett, the second-year running back is in learning mode, trying to soak in and assimilate the playbook. Denver's second-round pick a year ago out of North Carolina, Williams is now learning a new offense in consecutive years, and based on his experience thus far, he's bullish on the deceptive tactics Hackett is instilling in his new charges.

"Every meeting we have, he's always talking about confusion," Williams said of Hackett on Thursday. "He wants everything to look the same so the defense don't know when a different play is coming... So I feel like this is probably the most complex offense I've been in but I really feel like it's going to be the best because you never know what's coming at you."

A more complex offense than, say, ex-Broncos' offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur? Williams got a little uncomfortable when pressed to answer how much more complicated Hackett's scheme is.
    rest - https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...ense-confusion

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Sounds exciting! Another nugget. I read Tuesday discussions of how accurate Russell is throwing on the run and how hard the defense is working at OTAs and why Simmons thinks it’s going to make the defense better. Makes me happy to see these nuggets, can’t wait to see it for real Sept 12th!!!!

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

wait, wait. . . so we're actually going to have an offense that uses scheme to create mismatches and mistakes, and runs more than four plays? gawd, i won't even know what i'm looking at after watching that stiff shurmur call plays. . . speaking of which, i've obtained a copy of pat's playbook that i'd like to share with you all. . .

Name:  images.png
Views: 304
Size:  14.7 KB
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following 8 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default TE Noah Fant Details 'Frustrating' Ways Broncos Squanderd his Talent Under Ex-OC Pat Shurmur

Even though Noah Fant had one of the hottest three-year starts of any Denver Broncos tight end of all time, fans were frustrated by the way he was used in the offense. It turns out, Fantwas frustrated too.

After being dealt to Seattle as a part of the blockbuster Russell Wilson trade, Fant took to the Denver airwaves this past week as a guest of the Stokley and Zach show on 104.3 The FAN. Host Brandon Stokley (former Broncos wideout) posed a leading question to Fant about his own personal view on former offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur squandering Fant's 4.5 speed and explosive talent.

"Yeah, I agree, man. I feel when I came into the league, that's what I was drafted to do, right? Get down the field,," Fant told The FAN, "make those explosive plays, and kind of be that pass-catching tight end. Over my time in Denver, I felt like that narrative kind of got muddled down a little bit where it was more of a focus of me catching flat balls, or whatever it may be, and then trying to be a shifty guy, an elusive guy and try to break as many tackles as possible to get my yards, whereas, I viewed myself as a downfield threat. Get in open space, then I can make things happen. It was a little frustrating, being used in the short field. Obviously, that's a part of the game and those intermediate routes are important which I can do also. But definitely, with my speed and things like that, I was drafted to get more down the field. Hopefully, that works out in Seattle."
    rest - https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...16661_37365499

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    wait, wait. . . so we're actually going to have an offense that uses scheme to create mismatches and mistakes, and runs more than four plays? gawd, i won't even know what i'm looking at after watching that stiff shurmur call plays. . . speaking of which, i've obtained a copy of pat's playbook that i'd like to share with you all. . .

Name:  images.png
Views: 304
Size:  14.7 KB
    Those are missing JJ in motion every play.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

10. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm getting the vibe that Carol won't be sending Pat Shurmur a Christmas card this year.

Pat, you brought it on yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

12. The Following 6 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm getting the vibe that Carol won't be sending Pat Shurmur a Christmas card this year.

Pat, you brought it on yourself.
    that's the ultimate kick in the nuts, and he deserved no less. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

14. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    i just wanna see him stiff-arm sandy or kiszla. . .
    - John Elway

17. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Javonte Williams dropped the curtain on the complex nature of the Broncos' new offensive scheme.

rest - https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...ense-confusion
    Agreed this is going to be a lethal offense because of the scheme and the personnel we have across the board! Cannot wait foreal baby. Javonte is going to easily have 1500 yard rushing in this offense and having a HOF quarterback keeping the defense super honest not being able to stack the box on us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Ehhh Shurmur's offense had plenty of great cocepts, it was his playcalling that sucked balls. That and we were terrible at halftime adjustments the last few years.

I don’t know if shurmers offense had anything going for it. The first 15-20 plays that you work on during the week never was good. Hackett being let down by rodgers in the playoffs year after year is what held Green Bay back from winning more rings. You just can’t score 7 points and at home in the playoffs. I’m glad we got Wilson to make this transition smoothe. That guy is so smart at the game of football and preparation of the game. Dude didn’t just get guys together to throw the ball and shit, he got them in the class room and studied the playbook together getting the offense on page.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information