Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Jeudy arrested

He used a child as leverage, that is some pretty black water you are trying to tread in...

The CHILD had nothing to do with it, this was two "adults" doing stupid adult shit. He got a trip to the cooler.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    You can talk about the two situations independently. She was wrong to take his phone although it's probably the typical celebrity situation where she's certain that he was using that phone to communicate with another woman. That was wrong what she did was wrong it's not her property she should have never taken it.

But there's nothing that she did or didn't do that justifies what Jerry did. At the end of the day I am responsible for the way I respond to other people's actions. No matter how immature or anything else. And objectively hiding your own kids formula to force the mother to give your phone back is worse. It's reprehensible. It's not just immature. Like I said the fact that the baby wasn't going to starve and formula is readily available have zero impact on the nature of what Jerry did. It wasn't just immature. It was narcissistic. It was at its core the willingness to sacrifice the well-being of your child to get your mobile device back. Legally and very appropriately so what she did doesn't serve as a qualifier for what he did nor does the fact that she could have just easily gone and purchased more formula.
    But you see, this is where i have a problem with your stance.

On one hand you agree that the kid was never in danger, but then in the other you are eluding that he is going to harm the child. So either you feel like the kid was in danger or you dont.

Furthermore, if all of this boils down to doing the "right thing" and getting the formula back so the baby can eat the situation could have been fixed simply by having the woman give the phone back. You admitted that it wasnt her property which is classified as theft and a crime. But if the formula was really that important a responsible parent would simply do what is necessary to get it back.

No, this doesnt make what Jeudy did ok but it does show the mother is just as guilty as Jeudy is because she clearly cared more about the phone than the food for her kid. Why it is you guys cant see or understand that is baffling to me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    But you see, this is where i have a problem with your stance.

On one hand you agree that the kid was never in danger, but then in the other you are eluding that he is going to harm the child. So either you feel like the kid was in danger or you dont.

Furthermore, if all of this boils down to doing the "right thing" and getting the formula back so the baby can eat the situation could have been fixed simply by having the woman give the phone back. You admitted that it wasnt her property which is classified as theft and a crime. But if the formula was really that important a responsible parent would simply do what is necessary to get it back.

No, this doesnt make what Jeudy did ok but it does show the mother is just as guilty as Jeudy is because she clearly cared more about the phone than the food for her kid. Why it is you guys cant see or understand that is baffling to me.
    It's not an either or situation. Legally they charge you based on intent. Not whether more formula is available or anything else. Legally Jerry is the one that hit the formula again I'm not negating what the mother did. His intent was to use his child as leverage. He withheld food from an infant.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    It's not an either or situation. Legally they charge you based on intent. Not whether more formula is available or anything else. Legally Jerry is the one that hit the formula again I'm not negating what the mother did. His intent was to use his child as leverage. He withheld food from an infant.
    Ok, but so did she when she refused to give the phone back. Thats kind of my point here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    He used a child as leverage, that is some pretty black water you are trying to tread in...

The CHILD had nothing to do with it, this was two "adults" doing stupid adult shit. He got a trip to the cooler.
    Like I said, they both failed as parents. It’s parenting 101....never use the child as a pawn in your disagreements.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

No one is asking you to cry for Jeudy, not even sure where you are getting that at. The question to all of this was the arrest even needed when the issue could have been resolved on the spot by the very person who instigated the whole mess.
    and what did jeudy do that prompted her to take his phone in the first place? did he cheat on her? was he fighting with her? whatever it was, could he have resolved the situation by not being a dick? we don't know, we weren't there, but i'd say probably. . . either way, what he did was worse, so i'm fine with him being the one who was arrested. . . she used an easily-replaceable piece of technology as a pawn in the game-- he used their one-month old child as a pawn in the game. . . also, for those who don't know, this country is in the midst of a forumla shortage-- a lot of stores actually don't have it on the shelves right now, so it may not have been as easy as just stopping by the nearest 7-11 and getting some more. . . he also withheld medical records-- he made it much more difficult for her to walk away than it was for him. . . if you don't see a difference in those actions, there's no point discussing it any further. . . i ain't wastin' any more time talking about a bum who can't catch. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    and what did jeudy do that prompted her to take his phone in the first place? did he cheat on her? was he fighting with her? whatever it was, could he have resolved the situation by not being a dick? we don't know, we weren't there, but i'd say probably. . . either way, what he did was worse, so i'm fine with him being the one who was arrested. . . she used an easily-replaceable piece of technology as a pawn in the game-- he used their one-month old child as a pawn in the game. . . also, for those who don't know, this country is in the midst of a forumla shortage-- a lot of stores actually don't have it on the shelves right now, so it may not have been as easy as just stopping by the nearest 7-11 and getting some more. . . he also withheld medical records-- he made it much more difficult for her to walk away than it was for him. . . if you don't see a difference in those actions, there's no point discussing it any further. . . i ain't wastin' any more time talking about a bum who can't catch. . .
    Sure, all im saying is she was using the kid as leverage as well because apparently her having his phone was more important than getting all the other shit back was. Instead, she doubled down and called the cops instead which brings us back full circle. Her simply giving the phone back solves all the problems right then and there even if Jeudy cant catch a pass.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Sure, all im saying is she was using the kid as leverage as well because apparently her having his phone was more important than getting all the other shit back was. Instead, she doubled down and called the cops instead which brings us back full circle. Her simply giving the phone back solves all the problems right then and there even if Jeudy cant catch a pass.
    You are right, if she was not a child herself, the other child wouldn't have went to jail. Sadly the actual child was a pawn is a pissing match of peabrains.

12. The Following 8 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Sadly the actual child was a pawn is a pissing match of peabrains.
    Agreed.

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    A missing ingredient to this debate is whether locking up the baby food was a temporary measure or meant to go longer? I suspect his action was prompted by her action and his action was to meant to raise the stakes of getting back his phone. I don't think it was intended to starve the baby. I think it was intended to add pressure to her decision to steal his phone. As soon as she gives that back, the food becomes available. This is a negotiation tactic, not an attempt to harm anyone.
    Locking up a child's food, taking someone's wallet with medical information of the child, etc. as to stop someone from leaving is not negotiating. It is a far worse action than taking someone's phone. The second you use your child for leverage to manipulate someone you lose whatever moral highground you had.

16. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Fellas......I mean....not to be the ******* here, and I fully agree Juedy went total dumbass......but are we gonna stick on withholding formula (aka baby food)? Again, don't get me ****** up here, it's a douche move, but.....ummmm....this is America (said the montana hick raised 68 miles from the nearest Wal-Mart)....im pretty sure baby wasn't in any danger of starving...
    So there's a shortage of formula and he took her wallet, which probably had her license. So now her choice is to get in her car, drive illegally, to go get more food, which might not be available.

I'm not buying the argument.

18. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    So there's a shortage of formula and he took her wallet, which probably had her license. So now her choice is to get in her car, drive illegally, to go get more food, which might not be available.

I'm not buying the argument.
    Or, just give the phone back and she would have everything she would need yes?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Or, just give the phone back and she would have everything she would need yes?
    That doesn't excuse what he did. Especially when her response is to call the officers from a neighbor's home. Even if she gave the phone back to him and he gives her the food what he did was worse and a horrible thing.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    That doesn't excuse what he did. Especially when her response is to call the officers from a neighbor's home. Even if she gave the phone back to him and he gives her the food what he did was worse and a horrible thing.
    You arent answering the question brotham, you are deflecting. If she simply gives the phone back she would have the baby food, records, and her wallet yes?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

You arent answering the question brotham, you are deflecting. If she simply gives the phone back she would have the baby food, records, and her wallet yes?
    I didn't deflect anything. If the argument for Jeudy is essentially: well, I'll use the kid as leverage against you to stop you from leaving, and if you don't do what I want immediately then you're using the kid for leverage...I guess you can make that argument. But when someone goes to that length--witholding the car seat, the food, information/the wallet--to stop you from leaving, they're doing something worse than taking someone's third phone. That's obvious. If you want to assume that he would have given her that stuff back, go ahead. I'm not presuming someone who would go to that level to simply return that stuff, because normal and 'negotiating' people, to borrow a term from Hoof, don't act like that.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information