Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Jeudy arrested

Mom with a 1-month-old explains everything. Stop stressing homies.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    85% of domestic violence victims are women.
    This is true when the Nebraska Cornhuskers lose.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    My ONLY issue with how this was handled by police is the fact that she also wasn't arrested. If him taking some of her belongings is what got him arrested why was she not arrested for taking the cell phone?

If the answer is because men get arrested that's how it is then Jerry should sue the Arapahoe police department for violating his civil rights as, if that's the case, he was arrested for being male while taking something rather than the actual taking because, clearly, the act of taking doesn't get you arrested.

Thank you! This is absolute truth!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

My ONLY issue with how this was handled by police is the fact that she also wasn't arrested. If him taking some of her belongings is what got him arrested why was she not arrested for taking the cell phone?

If the answer is because men get arrested that's how it is then Jerry should sue the Arapahoe police department for violating his civil rights as, if that's the case, he was arrested for being male while taking something rather than the actual taking because, clearly, the act of taking doesn't get you arrested.
    Good luck with that. That’s how it is everywhere. Didn’t you see this in the Corps? It was a pretty normal thing on most bases that a heated argument would get called in (normally by a nosy neighbor), and the cops would show, arrest the man, regardless of whether the female wanted it or pressed charges or not, to defuse the situation, an MPO would get issued by the command and it would usually take a week or two before they’d let the guy even go home (they’d put him in the barracks or keep him on the ship depending on his command) unchaperoned by a senior enlisted person. The real issue at that point was whether or not the guy could then be issued a weapon in the line of duty (you lose that ability if there’s a DV bust on your record).

They are only going to arrest one person. That person is only the woman if there’s violence committed by her and only her. There’s no way they are gonna arrest the mother of a one year old and put the child into CPS for a non violent offense or one that doesn’t endanger the child. Jeudy was arrested to prevent potential violence. That’s it. That’s how they work. He would have no case seeing as how the vast majority of states and jurisdictions do the same thing.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Which is often

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Another aspect which was very briefly touched on is the volatility of DV calls for police. They are historically some of the most dangerous calls due to the level of emotion involved. Love, power and control make people do insane things. Diffuse the situation by removing a variable. Unfortunately it ended in an arrest, but often times these situations end up way worse

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Another aspect which was very briefly touched on is the volatility of DV calls for police. They are historically some of the most dangerous calls due to the level of emotion involved. Love, power and control make people do insane things. Diffuse the situation by removing a variable. Unfortunately it ended in an arrest, but often times these situations end up way worse
    Yep. I have my demons but never would I put a hand on my wife. I’ll fight any swinging d*ck gettin my ass kicked for being a dumbass. I’ve been there. I’ve bit off more than I could chew on a couple occasions. LoL. But never my wife or kids. Never.

13. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Yep. I have my demons but never would I put a hand on my wife. I’ll fight any swinging d*ck gettin my ass kicked for being a dumbass. I’ve been there. I’ve bit off more than I could chew on a couple occasions. LoL. But never my wife or kids. Never.
    How you doing pilgrim?

15. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Wouldnt stop the cops from arresting you though.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Wouldnt stop the cops from arresting you though.
    I agree. Sometimes it’s a good thing to be taken away from the situation. But, if being arrested for DV, it means goodbye to your firearms. So it’s best just to walk away, calm down, and diffuse the situation.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Good luck with that. That’s how it is everywhere. Didn’t you see this in the Corps? It was a pretty normal thing on most bases that a heated argument would get called in (normally by a nosy neighbor), and the cops would show, arrest the man, regardless of whether the female wanted it or pressed charges or not, to defuse the situation, an MPO would get issued by the command and it would usually take a week or two before they’d let the guy even go home (they’d put him in the barracks or keep him on the ship depending on his command) unchaperoned by a senior enlisted person. The real issue at that point was whether or not the guy could then be issued a weapon in the line of duty (you lose that ability if there’s a DV bust on your record).

They are only going to arrest one person. That person is only the woman if there’s violence committed by her and only her. There’s no way they are gonna arrest the mother of a one year old and put the child into CPS for a non violent offense or one that doesn’t endanger the child. Jeudy was arrested to prevent potential violence. That’s it. That’s how they work. He would have no case seeing as how the vast majority of states and jurisdictions do the same thing.
    I absolutely saw it, doesn’t make it right and is a lot of the reason for my frustration with this

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

This is another situation where getting the cops involved only makes things worse. My ex tried to use that threat when I was active duty to derail my career. AFTER she assaulted me, based on advice she was getting from her side piece, she tried to report me to the MP's. Because I didn't want to press charges, they hauled me in, since one of us had to go after they were called and I had to answer to my Command and spend a few days in the Barracks. I did nothing wrong, other than get assaulted, but I got to spend a night in a holding cell, get made to look like a POS and was assaulted. Kind of a one sided system. Because I didn't commit a Lautenberg violation (What Horsepower was looking for) I didn't actually lose my ability to carry a firearm or lose my career. It did keep me from going to the promotion board until after I PCS'ed though and set my career back a few years. Also, it put a total bullseye on us, and we had MP's randomly coming to our house at all hours to do 'health and welfare' checks whenever they felt like it. Made life a living hell.

The one time I considered reporting getting punched in the face I realized how quickly that would escalate into a much worse situation. They tried to force me into a situation when I asked about documenting it and that was that. I can vouch for men not reporting.

But getting arrested and spending a night in jail for locking a few belongings in a car? Man that does not even come close. Also, if there was ever any chance of that relationship working out, it's toast now. I saw this make national news when it happened but only just now bothered to see what it was about. No justice was served in any of this.

23. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I absolutely saw it, doesn’t make it right and is a lot of the reason for my frustration with this
    Except for that one time when the cops show up, nothing has happened, and think everything’s okay and leave. Then the guy beats the shit outta her for calling the cops or worse, kills her.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The law is written that way due to actual and concrete fatalities and injuries. The officers followed the law, which is written in an applicable way to both men and women, if there's an issue with that it would be more akin to societal attitudes than the verbiage of the law. If Jeudy doesn't want to get arrested under those sets of facts, he's free to not take children's food, medical information, and a wallet, and use that as leverage to stop his girlfriend from leaving.

26. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information