Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Jeudy arrested

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The law is written that way due to actual and concrete fatalities and injuries. The officers followed the law, which is written in an applicable way to both men and women, if there's an issue with that it would be more akin to societal attitudes than the verbiage of the law. If Jeudy doesn't want to get arrested under those sets of facts, he's free to not take children's food, medical information, and a wallet, and use that as leverage to stop his girlfriend from leaving.
    And she’s also free to not take his personal belongings and refuse to return them. Items are items, where in the law does is specify baby food gets you arrested but $1,000 phone doesn’t?

Can you point out the specific statute or verbiage that was used to justify NOT treating both equally?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    And she’s also free to not take his personal belongings and refuse to return them. Items are items, where in the law does is specify baby food gets you arrested but $1,000 phone doesn’t?

Can you point out the specific statute or verbiage that was used to justify NOT treating both equally?
    I'm not operating under some phantom notion that she wasn't in the wrong. Guess what, it's not germane to what he did, and what he did is clearly worse. If you pull up the verbiage of the enhancer, you could interpret it either way in regards to not arresting her with the DV enhancer. I would have charged her with criminal tampering in regards to her phone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...33f_story.html
    Authorities have said there were no allegations of any physical violence. However, under Colorado law, domestic violence can include any crime committed against an intimate partner or their property that is used to intimidate, coerce or seek revenge against them. The law also requires police to arrest anyone they suspect committed such a crime.

If she took the phone--there's speculation that she thought he was cheating--would that constitute intimidation, coercion, or revenge? You could probably argue it, but it seems like a stretch. Given the facts that the officers had, it was less of stretch for the arrest for criminal tampering and D.V. enhancer.
    Last edited by King87; 05-16-2022 at 08:46 PM.

4. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The law is written that way due to actual and concrete fatalities and injuries. The officers followed the law, which is written in an applicable way to both men and women, if there's an issue with that it would be more akin to societal attitudes than the verbiage of the law. If Jeudy doesn't want to get arrested under those sets of facts, he's free to not take children's food, medical information, and a wallet, and use that as leverage to stop his girlfriend from leaving.
    Likewise, the girl could have not taken the phone or simply given it back so that she could get the food back, etc.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Likewise, the girl could have not taken the phone or simply given it back so that she could get the food back, etc.
    She did do that, and that doesn't excuse what he did. Two parties can both be wrong, and then wrongness can not be commensurate with one another.

8. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

She did do that, and that doesn't excuse what he did. Two parties can both be wrong, and then wrongness can not be commensurate with one another.
    When did she do it? After he was arrested?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

When did she do it? After he was arrested?
    No, what I'm saying is she did steal the phone. Charge her too, doesn't change what Jeudy did, which is clearly worse. It's why the police had to arrest with with the DV suspicion from a legal standpoint, and from a moral standpoint it's scummy to use the items your child needs to stop someone from leaving.

11. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

No, what I'm saying is she did steal the phone. Charge her too, doesn't change what Jeudy did, which is clearly worse. It's why the police had to arrest with with the DV suspicion from a legal standpoint, and from a moral standpoint it's scummy to use the items your child needs to stop someone from leaving.
    I dont agree that it was worse but agree that they both needed to be arrested.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

It's not worse to use the food, medical, and personal information of someone to keep them in place, in comparison to taking someone's phone?

We can agree to disagree.

14. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Depriving your kid of formula to make a point is horrid.

16. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

which is worse-- taking a baby's food, or taking a baby's phone?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    which is worse-- taking a baby's food, or taking a baby's phone?
    I'd say it depends on the baby.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

A missing ingredient to this debate is whether locking up the baby food was a temporary measure or meant to go longer? I suspect his action was prompted by her action and his action was to meant to raise the stakes of getting back his phone. I don't think it was intended to starve the baby. I think it was intended to add pressure to her decision to steal his phone. As soon as she gives that back, the food becomes available. This is a negotiation tactic, not an attempt to harm anyone.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Fellas......I mean....not to be the ******* here, and I fully agree Juedy went total dumbass......but are we gonna stick on withholding formula (aka baby food)? Again, don't get me ****** up here, it's a douche move, but.....ummmm....this is America (said the montana hick raised 68 miles from the nearest Wal-Mart)....im pretty sure baby wasn't in any danger of starving...
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Depriving your kid of formula to make a point is horrid.
    Except i doubt that was the last formula on the planet. And AGAIN, she could have given the phone back to the guy and he would have returned the formula. Dont be dim.

25. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    A missing ingredient to this debate is whether locking up the baby food was a temporary measure or meant to go longer? I suspect his action was prompted by her action and his action was to meant to raise the stakes of getting back his phone. I don't think it was intended to starve the baby. I think it was intended to add pressure to her decision to steal his phone. As soon as she gives that back, the food becomes available. This is a negotiation tactic, not an attempt to harm anyone.
    It wasnt, people on this board are ******* morons.

27. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information