Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Jeudy arrested

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post

That man is presumed guilty in any domestic violence call.
    Which needs to be changed because its wrong to assume one sex is always the offender.

If it goes to court, the man can go before a judge and plead his case.
    Which he will lose because again the laws are biased against men.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Which needs to be changed because its wrong to assume one sex is always the offender.

Please show me a criminal statute that only applies to males, has a harsher punishment for males, or is in any way biased against males. I will wait…

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Please show me a criminal statute that only applies to males, has a harsher punishment for males, or is in any way biased against males. I will wait…
    Wait all you like.

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

minor incident, absolutely. . . but WTF kind of man withholds food from his own month-old child because he's pissed at his baby mama? jeudy is a brainless assclown. . . i can't remember the last bronco i liked less than this kid. . . at least all our sorry QBs have had the excuse of legitimately not having any talent. . . this dude has all the talent in the world, and can't make shit out of it because he's too wrapped up in baby mama drama, and his stupid instagram account. . . classic case of a million dollar body (well, just the feet) with a ten cent head. . . as a broncos fan, i still hope he turns it around, but i'm not holding my breath-- IMO, dude's probably closer to busting out of the league than he is to earning a big second contract. . . he needs to get his shit together, and focus on hitting the jugs machine, not the court circuit. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

7. The Following 14 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    minor incident, absolutely. . . but WTF kind of man withholds food from his own month-old child because he's pissed at his baby mama? jeudy is a brainless assclown. . . i can't remember the last bronco i liked less than this kid. . . at least all our sorry QBs have had the excuse of legitimately not having any talent. . . this dude has all the talent in the world, and can't make shit out of it because he's too wrapped up in baby mama drama, and his stupid instagram account. . . classic case of a million dollar body (well, just the feet) with a ten cent head. . . as a broncos fan, i still hope he turns it around, but i'm not holding my breath-- IMO, dude's probably closer to busting out of the league than he is to earning a big second contract. . . he needs to get his shit together, and focus on hitting the jugs machine, not the court circuit. . .
    And that's the bottom line because dogfish said so!

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 113
Size:  10.0 KB

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    With held food? Lol you really think that’s what was going on here? Wow this is by far the worst game I’ve read in year’s probably since skip bayless said a 50 year old jordon would beat a 26 prime LeBron. Your total lack of understanding of what this petty argument between Jeudy and his girl was about speaks volumes to your lack of being outside and knowing people.

You use a petty situation like this to bash him as a player as if every passing target hasn’t suffered playing with teddy last year. You just hate Jeudy idk maybe he remind you of somebody in your past that banged a girl you loved ( this legit got me hated by a guy I reminded him of a guy who banged his girl years ago.

Jeudy is about to have one of the greatest seasons the league has ever seen and instead of being excited about that some of your are excited about fake news? Look at the actual facts of what happened and what was said and how she immediately got as trying to get them to stop the arrest then followed up again telling them it was nothing, she played the call the cops card knowing they are coming bias because he has money, he’s a male and he’s black and then when shit gets out of hand and she realize she ****** up calling these people for nothing since she wouldn’t give up his phone it was too late as she proceeded to tell them it wasn’t supposed to happen this way she wanted them to (mediate the exchange) smh stupid shit. Jeudy is about to have this thrown out and these deputies should be a shame and the DA whose a certified idiot!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Those…were words

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

85% of domestic violence victims are women.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    What is it with these football players and getting arrested.
    they did some study a few years back, and the arrest rate of NFL players is actually lower than the general population.

14. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    they did some study a few years back, and the arrest rate of NFL players is actually lower than the general population.
    As it should be. Part of the reason they’re paid like they are is to be marketable and be a representative of the franchise they work for. Their very time and image is worth money to them and to the franchise. When you tarnish that image with off field issues you begin to impact your own wallet. Most pro athletes understand this. They’re paid to fix their problems before the cops get called and the media gets involved. They’re provided some of the best support networks for themselves and their families in existence. That’s why shit like this is so frustrating to us average folks who understand that they aren’t really like everyone else. Sure, everyone has problems, but your starting point vastly effects your endpoint. There’s no excuse for it.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    85% of domestic violence victims are women.
    This percentage is a fallacy and people such as you need to quit regurgitating this kind of crap. FFS i thought you were an educator?

The charity's analysis of statistics on domestic violence shows the number of men attacked by wives or girlfriends is much higher than thought. Its report, Domestic Violence: The Male Perspective, states: "Domestic violence is often seen as a female victim/male perpetrator problem, but the evidence demonstrates that this is a false picture."

Data from Home Office statistical bulletins and the British Crime Survey show that men made up about 40% of domestic violence victims each year between 2004-05 and 2008-09, the last year for which figures are available. In 2006-07 men made up 43.4% of all those who had suffered partner abuse in the previous year, which rose to 45.5% in 2007-08 but fell to 37.7% in 2008-09.

This study was done back in 2010 and i know its a lot higher now, in fact they say that while women seem unlikely to report abuse men are even more unlikely to report abuse.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...estic-violence

How can something as serious as abuse in a relationship be overlooked? If a man is being abused, wouldn’t we know it? Wouldn’t we see it?
    The answer is, probably not.

Abuse of men in relationships is a bit like a dirty little secret. People, especially the men who are living with it, don’t talk about it — even if they realize it’s happening.

Societally, we’re accustomed to hearing about women being abused by men. Unfortunately, history has given us ample reason to see this as an unpleasant but real possibility.

But a woman controlling or abusing a man? This must mean the man is weak and easily manipulated, right?
    No, not at all.

But it’s this impression that often keeps men from opening up about their abuse and seeking help when they need it.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/invisi...why-its-common

More than 1 in 3 women (35.6%) and more than 1 in 4 men (28.5%) in the U.S. will experience rape, physical violence and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
    https://www.socialsolutions.com/blog...ce-statistics/

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Reasonable suspicion to detain.
    Probable cause to arrest.
    Beyond a reasonable doubt to convict.
    Very different legal standards. Folks in here are conflating them.

I’ve reviewed and filed 1000’s of criminal cases over the past 15+ years. On the facts we have from the press reports (which are no where near the complete picture), I have no problem with the arrest - in DV situations even without current force/violence there is always a chance for things to escalate quickly (and often do), taking one of the parties out of the situation avoids that. Here you’ve got a guy and then a girl with a 1-month old, the guy is going 100% of the time regardless of who is primarily at fault. But, again based on what we know from the press reports, I wouldn’t file any criminal charges.
    My ONLY issue with how this was handled by police is the fact that she also wasn't arrested. If him taking some of her belongings is what got him arrested why was she not arrested for taking the cell phone?

If the answer is because men get arrested that's how it is then Jerry should sue the Arapahoe police department for violating his civil rights as, if that's the case, he was arrested for being male while taking something rather than the actual taking because, clearly, the act of taking doesn't get you arrested.

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    My ONLY issue with how this was handled by police is the fact that she also wasn't arrested. If him taking some of her belongings is what got him arrested why was she not arrested for taking the cell phone?

If the answer is because men get arrested that's how it is then Jerry should sue the Arapahoe police department for violating his civil rights as, if that's the case, he was arrested for being male while taking something rather than the actual taking because, clearly, the act of taking doesn't get you arrested.
    I think a lot of it goes back to what i was saying about how society treats men vs women in DV cases. Lawdog believes that there isnt a inherent bias towards women these cases but studies have shown this actually happens and why i feel the laws need reworking. As more and more research comes out we find that the gap of DV between men and women is not that large but it has been ingrained in society that women are the weaker sex so thus our laws favor them because of that perception.

In this case im with you, i think they both should have been arrested if that is the only recourse or answer to this specific call. Personally i still think law enforcement could have told each of them to give back the items each took from each other and then waited until Jeudy left the premises before leaving the girlfriend at the house. But if arrests are par for the course than i would agree with you that both needed to be arrested.

Im glad you made a post on this though because apparently im being a disappointment or unreasonable in my opinion and take on the matter. I do think Jeudy was still an idiot but his lady was equally an idiot yet only one of them got arrested for something that i believe could have been dealt with right then and there without anyone being arrested. But what do i know, im just a disappointment.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I think a lot of it goes back to what i was saying about how society treats men vs women in DV cases. Lawdog believes that there isnt a inherent bias towards women these cases but studies have shown this actually happens and why i feel the laws need reworking. As more and more research comes out we find that the gap of DV between men and women is not that large but it has been ingrained in society that women are the weaker sex so thus our laws favor them because of that perception.

In this case im with you, i think they both should have been arrested if that is the only recourse or answer to this specific call. Personally i still think law enforcement could have told each of them to give back the items each took from each other and then waited until Jeudy left the premises before leaving the girlfriend at the house. But if arrests are par for the course than i would agree with you that both needed to be arrested.

Im glad you made a post on this though because apparently im being a disappointment or unreasonable in my opinion and take on the matter. I do think Jeudy was still an idiot but his lady was equally an idiot yet only one of them got arrested for something that i believe could have been dealt with right then and there without anyone being arrested. But what do i know, im just a disappointment.
    Agree with everything you and Davii said, other than arresting both parties when there's a 1 month old baby involved.

This Colorado law is flawed, IMO, and the officers were doing what they "had" to do in that circumstance.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I never said it was fair. I'm just saying what is. And the man is doubly-punished if he winds up in "family court" because most of the judges are feminists who believe they are standing up for the sisterhood.

But, on the bright side, it appears the cops didn't ask Jeudy for his autograph the way the Cali cops would do on Nicole Simpson's DV calls.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

25. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information