Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Jeudy arrested

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    No.

That is not a guarantee unless evidence is seen by law enforcement and paramedics.
    Probable cause, is a pretty muddy area. In this case, he escalated the situation, whether you like it or not, is irrelevant.

Colorado has a mandatory arrest policy.

With just initial reports, this fits : "Other acts or violations committed against a person, property, or animal with the intent to coerce, control, punish, intimidate, or seek revenge against an intimate partner."

Jerry was stupid, jerry payed a price for not being more careful in his relations, Jerry should have walked away or called the police himself. Jerry should have kept his cool and not reacted as he did.
    Last edited by Krugan; 05-13-2022 at 11:00 AM.

Elway strikes again. Jefferson the new Ed Reed!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    27m
    No plea was given. Next court date for Jeudy is May 31 at 1:30 pm. Victim in court said she called 911 hoping police would monitor situation and not have Jeudy arrested. Judge explained it’s the D.A. Office bringing charges. #9sports

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    31m
    Jeudy appeared in court wearing orange jumpsuit and shackles. He spoke w/attorney Steinberg prior to hearing. Judge Contiguglia did find probable cause on charge of criminal tampering and domestic violence enhancer. Judge added there was no threat of physical violence.

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    51m
    Female victim involved with Jerry Jeudy addressed the court saying she never felt threatened and doesn’t feel threatened now. There is a mandatory protection order but “no contact” provision has been dropped. Also, Jeudy can travel. Jeudy about to be released on PR bond

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    56m
    Harvey Steinberg says Jerry Jeudy never should have been arrested.

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    1h
    Jerry Jeudy to be represented by Harvey Steinberg, the attorney for many sports figures over the years.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

It is not uncommon for victims of emotional or physical domestic abuse to afterwards claim that they don't feel threatened by the person and everything is fine.

Not saying that it's true in this case, but it's not an exoneration of JJ at this point.

6. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Victim in court said she called 911 hoping police would monitor situation and not have Jeudy arrested.

Judge added there was no threat of physical violence.

Yes to all of this.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

Jerry made terrible decisions that cost him time in jail and a black eye on his public perception. Was it a horrible crime to commit, probably a general consensus of no, but the laws are written to ensure these things do not escalate. Regardless of him being a NFL player, he fell into the legal system in CO and they are following the rules set forth by the laws written. Will they take extra care and procedural processing due to his celebrity status, definitely, just to show no favoritism. His case will probably be dropped and no further punishments will be applied, but a night in jail hopefully wakes Jerry up and he learns from this and work to fix his personal/family issues.
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived D1g1tal j1m For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    27m
    No plea was given. Next court date for Jeudy is May 31 at 1:30 pm. Victim in court said she called 911 hoping police would monitor situation and not have Jeudy arrested. Judge explained it’s the D.A. Office bringing charges. #9sports

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    31m
    Jeudy appeared in court wearing orange jumpsuit and shackles. He spoke w/attorney Steinberg prior to hearing. Judge Contiguglia did find probable cause on charge of criminal tampering and domestic violence enhancer. Judge added there was no threat of physical violence.

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    51m
    Female victim involved with Jerry Jeudy addressed the court saying she never felt threatened and doesn’t feel threatened now. There is a mandatory protection order but “no contact” provision has been dropped. Also, Jeudy can travel. Jeudy about to be released on PR bond

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    56m

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    1h
    Jerry Jeudy to be represented by Harvey Steinberg, the attorney for many sports figures over the years.
    Smh damn shame when some LEO/DA just wanted to lock this man up because he’s a black man without a record. I’m so sick of these state prosecutors. Had the same type of crap happen to me in the past just got the detective and the fake ass victim to not even bother showing up to the hearing where all charges were thrown out but they shoulda never existed in the first place.

Anyways I’m happy for Jeudy because this is NOTHING, and shame on idiot bronco fans for attacking this kid as if it was warranted!!!! Some of you people just sit back and wait to pounce on our own player’s and it’s sickening!!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

For everyone saying he “shouldn’t have been arrested”, most states these days have a policy that if cops are called to a domestic disturbance, someone is going to be arrested. It’s the only way to ensure that the people in the dispute are separated. Violence or not. In layman’s terms, that means the man will be arrested 98% of the time because unless the woman physically assaulted the man and he did absolutely nothing, especially if there are children, the police will not take the mother away from the kids and leave them with the father. The father is essentially always arrested. Jeudy’s girlfriend/baby momma obviously didn’t know this when she called 911, but the second she dialed those numbers, Jeudy was going to jail. It has nothing to do with race or anything else. It wouldn’t surprise me of Arapaho county sheriff has his policy like most other departments.

The bottom line in all this is, the Broncos have the second most arrests in the league in the past decade or two. It’s embarrassing to be supporters of millionaire dumb shits who can’t get their personal lives in order. They get paid way more than they should to play a game and, like everyone else on the planet, not do illegal shit. I’m 48 years old. Somehow, I’ve never been arrested. I don’t even have to try not to get arrested or get traffic citations or whatever. Just follow the law. If you can’t, then you can be added to the list of people that I no longer care about.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Smh damn shame when some LEO/DA just wanted to lock this man up because he’s a black man without a record. I’m so sick of these state prosecutors. Had the same type of crap happen to me in the past just got the detective and the fake ass victim to not even bother showing up to the hearing where all charges were thrown out but they shoulda never existed in the first place.
    Hope you ate your spinach Popeye, cuz that brush you are painting with is extremely broad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

From my understanding and what was being reported earlier, Jerry stayed in jail because he was processed later in the day and could not secure a bond hearing until the following morning, 8:30 am the earliest, and therefore had to stay locked up. I'm sure he was held separately from any other individuals in the jail as a precaution due to his NFL profile. Like I noted before, I hope a night in jail shakes him up enough that he gets his head right and he realizes he's not in college anymore and he is a grown man in the eye's of the law. It takes some time for people in there early 20's to figure that out.
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by D1g1tal j1m View Post
    From my understanding and what was being reported earlier, Jerry stayed in jail because he was processed later in the day and could not secure a bond hearing until the following morning, 8:30 am the earliest, and therefore had to stay locked up. I'm sure he was held separately from any other individuals in the jail as a precaution due to his NFL profile. Like I noted before, I hope a night in jail shakes him up enough that he gets his head right and he realizes he's not in college anymore and he is a grown man in the eye's of the law. It takes some time for people in there early 20's to figure that out.
    I'm still not sure what he did was jail worthy to begin with. I get there was a DV charge/inclination, but come on. Locking up someone's purse and child's car seat and medical papers warrants a night in jail? Get real.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Denver Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy's girlfriend asks for misdemeanor case to be dismissed

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...case-dismissed

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

19. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    For everyone saying he “shouldn’t have been arrested”, most states these days have a policy that if cops are called to a domestic disturbance, someone is going to be arrested. It’s the only way to ensure that the people in the dispute are separated. Violence or not. In layman’s terms, that means the man will be arrested 98% of the time because unless the woman physically assaulted the man and he did absolutely nothing, especially if there are children, the police will not take the mother away from the kids and leave them with the father. The father is essentially always arrested. Jeudy’s girlfriend/baby momma obviously didn’t know this when she called 911, but the second she dialed those numbers, Jeudy was going to jail. It has nothing to do with race or anything else. It wouldn’t surprise me of Arapaho county sheriff has his policy like most other departments.

The bottom line in all this is, the Broncos have the second most arrests in the league in the past decade or two. It’s embarrassing to be supporters of millionaire dumb shits who can’t get their personal lives in order. They get paid way more than they should to play a game and, like everyone else on the planet, not do illegal shit. I’m 48 years old. Somehow, I’ve never been arrested. I don’t even have to try not to get arrested or get traffic citations or whatever. Just follow the law. If you can’t, then you can be added to the list of people that I no longer care about.
    Why do you talk as if millionaires are robots? They are actually human beings you know? Your envy towards there money only makes you sound foolish bro.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information