Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Jeudy arrested

Yeah I’ll believe her before I believe you I mean she was there……. It’s almost like some of you live under a rock. We’ll why did she call if she didn’t feel threatened…….. she called because that’s a women go to response when they are wrong and cannot get there way. Immediately after she regrets it and she would because all she had to do was give the man his phone! Her a gave her the stuff in the car. This entire situation is just beyond petty.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you don't feel threatened then why do you call the cops to "monitor" a situation? Why does the situation need to be monitored if it is a nonthreatening situation?

Jeudy got his ass saved by the cops being called, who knows what could've happened after that.
    Are you serious right now?

Lets not forget she instigated the whole ordeal by taking the dude's phone yet wasnt arrested for DV.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Your tax dollars at work, folks. The 'ol 911 as 'I'm telling mom!' because two rich adults aren't mature enough to communicate effectively. This isn't shifting the blame to the mother, I guess I get it. Jeudy crossed the line (but the Bill Burr comedy sketch about DV does come to mind). I do think she shares in the maturity problem.

I'm just ranting because it comes out of my (our) collective pockets, and it's an insult.
    Exactly.

You would think common sense would play a part in all of this especially with law enforcement.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

What you're saying makes sense on paper, but the world is more complicated than that. I would have felt the same before doing OP and prosecutorial work. I'm fine with there being more discretion in a situation where domestic abuse is potentially at play. It's not a good look that his response was essentially "oh yeah, well you can't leave without food for the baby, information/medical information pertinent to the baby," etc.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    What you're saying makes sense on paper, but the world is more complicated than that. I would have felt the same before doing OP and prosecutorial work. I'm fine with there being more discretion in a situation where domestic abuse is potentially at play. It's not a good look that his response was essentially "oh yeah, well you can't leave without food for the baby, information/medical information pertinent to the baby," etc.
    I would have done the same thing if she took my property without my permission and i would have done it without laying a single hand on her. But your point about discretion is the basis of my issue here. Im all for safety for men and women when it comes to domestic violence but not every case actually ends up in violence. If Jeudy has prior history with DV than great, take him in. But if he has no history of it than he should be given the benefit of the doubt and the officers on the call should be able to make a logical decision on whether a person needs to be removed from the premises. The law as it is written right now is just straight up dumb as **** especially in a situation like that where it could have been settled right then and there by both parties returning the items each other took.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I would have done the same thing if she took my property without my permission and i would have done it without laying a single hand on her. But your point about discretion is the basis of my issue here. Im all for safety for men and women when it comes to domestic violence but not every case actually ends up in violence. If Jeudy has prior history with DV than great, take him in. But if he has no history of it than he should be given the benefit of the doubt and the officers on the call should be able to make a logical decision on whether a person needs to be removed from the premises. The law as it is written right now is just straight up dumb as **** especially in a situation like that where it could have been settled right then and there by both parties returning the items each other took.
    I don't believe you're going to take a kid's food, their medical information, etc. to stop her from leaving. I just don't.

Here's the thing, North, this type of behavior is a massive red flag. It could be a one-off. It could also be the start of something that escalates if she doesn't call the cops. It could also be an indicator of potential and future abuse. You don't have to take Kinger's word for it; the information is out there, I wouldn't expect you to take my word for it. It's literally what I learned in DV clinics, read in files, saw during my time as a 711 Prosecutor in Illinois, etc. The difference between her taking his phone-which is stupid and petty- and his actions is that she's not stopping him from leaving. She's not dictating where he can and cannot go.

She asked for the charges to be dismissed. I have literally seen with my own two eyes a victim ask for the same thing; the accused had on the record been jailed for abuse before and had beaten this person. These are issues that don't operate within realms of binary thought and logic.

This wasn't a waste of tax dollars, and he wasn't being treated unfairly.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I don't believe you're going to take a kid's food, their medical information, etc. to stop her from leaving. I just don't.

Here's the thing, North, this type of behavior is a massive red flag. It could be a one-off. It could also be the start of something that escalates if she doesn't call the cops. It could also be an indicator of potential and future abuse. You don't have to take Kinger's word for it; the information is out there, I wouldn't expect you to take my word for it. It's literally what I learned in DV clinics, read in files, saw during my time as a 711 Prosecutor in Illinois, etc. The difference between her taking his phone-which is stupid and petty- and his actions is that she's not stopping him from leaving. She's not dictating where he can and cannot go.

She asked for the charges to be dismissed. I have literally seen with my own two eyes a victim ask for the same thing; the accused had on the record been jailed for abuse before and had beaten this person. These are issues that don't operate within realms of binary thought and logic.

This wasn't a waste of tax dollars, and he wasn't being treated unfairly.
    I would do whatever it takes to get my phone back, if that means taking baby food than yes i would do it. She could have gotten all that back by simply giving his phone back. Problem would have been solved right then and there without cops involvement. She provoked an incident, didnt like that he took something that she needed and in response reported him for DV to which she immediately regretted and has tried since then to plead for the judge and authorities to take back.

As to the rest, it was a waste of tax dollars. You cant arrest people on "what ifs" that is a very dangerous road to go down by trying to pretend we can see the future of what "might" happen. The only time that would change for me is if there is previous history of violence there ala OJ Simpson, Brandon Marshall, etc.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I would do whatever it takes to get my phone back, if that means taking baby food than yes i would do it. She could have gotten all that back by simply giving his phone back. Problem would have been solved right then and there without cops involvement. She provoked an incident, didnt like that he took something that she needed and in response reported him for DV to which she immediately regretted and has tried since then to plead for the judge and authorities to take back.

As to the rest, it was a waste of tax dollars. You cant arrest people on "what ifs" that is a very dangerous road to go down by trying to pretend we can see the future of what "might" happen. The only time that would change for me is if there is previous history of violence there ala OJ Simpson, Brandon Marshall, etc.
    That's disappointing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

That's disappointing.
    Its disappointing that i want my property back and willing to take theirs to get it back? If thats disappointing than im guess im a disappointment. Lol

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Its disappointing that i want my property back and willing to take theirs to get it back? If thats disappointing than im guess im a disappointment. Lol
    It's disappointing that anyone would go to those lengths to get back their third cellphone. Taking a child's food, their medical information, etc. is not a rational response.

Regarding the arrest: if it wasn't a valid arrest for criminal tampering the judge would have booted it, and that's obvious given the PC finding. That's still standing and hasn't gone away; the reason why he had to appear before a judge was due to the DV enhancer; and given the context of that entire situation the police weren't out of pocket for doing that.

16. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Reasonable suspicion to detain.
    Probable cause to arrest.
    Beyond a reasonable doubt to convict.
    Very different legal standards. Folks in here are conflating them.

I’ve reviewed and filed 1000’s of criminal cases over the past 15+ years. On the facts we have from the press reports (which are no where near the complete picture), I have no problem with the arrest - in DV situations even without current force/violence there is always a chance for things to escalate quickly (and often do), taking one of the parties out of the situation avoids that. Here you’ve got a guy and then a girl with a 1-month old, the guy is going 100% of the time regardless of who is primarily at fault. But, again based on what we know from the press reports, I wouldn’t file any criminal charges.

18. The Following 11 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

If anyone knows, it’s Lawdog. Calm the fvck down, Jeudy1.

20. The Following 5 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Why the hell would they arrest him for this? Stupid as hell.
    This is SOP for modern police response to domestic violence calls.

a) arrest the man so he can cool off.

b) let the woman chill with her kids.

That man is presumed guilty in any domestic violence call. He just is. The woman is to be believed no matter how ridiculous her claim. If it goes to court, the man can go before a judge and plead his case.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

22. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    This is SOP for modern police response to domestic violence calls.

a) arrest the man so he can cool off.

b) let the woman chill with her kids.

That man is presumed guilty in any domestic violence call. He just is. The woman is to be believed no matter how ridiculous her claim. If it goes to court, the man can go before a judge and plead his case.
    Makes sense.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information