Thread: 'I think he's off to a fast start': Peyton Manning evaluates beginning of Russell Wilson's tenure with Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default 'I think he's off to a fast start': Peyton Manning evaluates beginning of Russell Wilson's tenure with Broncos

DENVER — When Peyton Manning arrived in Denver, the Broncos didn't get off to the quickest start.

The Broncos began that 2012 season with a 2-3 record, and the team trailed 21-0 on the road against the Chargers in a game that could've dropped Denver to two games below .500. A furious rally helped the Broncos win that game, and the team did not lose again in the regular season en route to a 13-3 record.

As Russell Wilson prepares for his first season in Denver, though, Manning believes the nine-time Pro Bowler may have an advantage.

"I think he's off to a fast start in talking to him," Manning said Wednesday ahead of the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame banquet. "I do think it's an advantage for Russell to be coming in with a new coaching staff, because everybody's learning and Russell is going to know this offense better than anybody. So he's going to be in teaching mode, as well. If you're a new player and you're catching up to everybody else in a leadership position, that can be difficult. So I think Russell's at a real advantage where they're learning Coach [Nathaniel] Hackett's offense together, figuring out what works and what doesn't work and I think he's going to be great obviously for our young receivers. Like all Broncos fans, [I'm] excited to see him get to work this fall."
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/i...g-of-russell-w

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

I’d say he’s off to a fast start as well and established himself as the alpha leader from day one, you could see it in the other players eyes during Wilson’s intro press conference. Them guys was locked in from that point on. Then he goes and links up at his field facility and jumps into the playbook immediately and jumps into gaining chemistry via getting reps in with the guy’s. Valuable reps. Like Russ said the road to winning big started then.. this is going to be awesome man having a legit elite franchise quarterback whose going to be around the next 8 years or so.

Wilson’s arm talent is top 3 east! Accuracy and power baby! I always knew Wilson was one of the elites but when you go and watch his film from every year since his rookie year he’s always thrown absolutely dimes all over the field and his deep balls are the best in the league they always drop so perfectly into the wideouts stride that they always are able to catch and keep going into the end zone. Just beautiful stuff man the visions I have of him hitting hamler and Jeudy 50 yards down the field

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    I’d say he’s off to a fast start as well and established himself as the alpha leader from day one, you could see it in the other players eyes during Wilson’s intro press conference. Them guys was locked in from that point on. Then he goes and links up at his field facility and jumps into the playbook immediately and jumps into gaining chemistry via getting reps in with the guy’s. Valuable reps. Like Russ said the road to winning big started then.. this is going to be awesome man having a legit elite franchise quarterback whose going to be around the next 8 years or so.

Wilson’s arm talent is top 3 east! Accuracy and power baby! I always knew Wilson was one of the elites but when you go and watch his film from every year since his rookie year he’s always thrown absolutely dimes all over the field and his deep balls are the best in the league they always drop so perfectly into the wideouts stride that they always are able to catch and keep going into the end zone. Just beautiful stuff man the visions I have of him hitting hamler and Jeudy 50 yards down the field
    You are the lodestone of alpha leaders, so this bodies well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You are the lodestone of alpha leaders, so this bodies well.

lodestone

a piece of magnetite or other naturally magnetized mineral, able to be used as a magnet.
    a naturally magnetized mineral; magnetite.
    a thing that is the focus of attention or attraction.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information