Thread: TE Noah Fant Details 'Frustrating' Ways Broncos Squanderd his Talent Under Ex-OC Pat Shurmur

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default TE Noah Fant Details 'Frustrating' Ways Broncos Squanderd his Talent Under Ex-OC Pat Shurmur

Even though Noah Fant had one of the hottest three-year starts of any Denver Broncos tight end of all time, fans were frustrated by the way he was used in the offense. It turns out, Fant was frustrated too.

After being dealt to Seattle as a part of the blockbuster Russell Wilson trade, Fant took to the Denver airwaves this past week as a guest of the Stokley and Zach show on 104.3 The FAN. Host Brandon Stokley (former Broncos wideout) posed a leading question to Fant about his own personal view on former offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur squandering Fant's 4.5 speed and explosive talent.

"Yeah, I agree, man. I feel when I came into the league, that's what I was drafted to do, right? Get down the field," Fant told The FAN, "make those explosive plays, and kind of be that pass-catching tight end. Over my time in Denver, I felt like that narrative kind of got muddled down a little bit where it was more of a focus of me catching flat balls, or whatever it may be, and then trying to be a shifty guy, an elusive guy and try to break as many tackles as possible to get my yards, whereas, I viewed myself as a downfield threat. Get in open space, then I can make things happen. It was a little frustrating being used in the short field. Obviously, that's a part of the game and those intermediate routes are important which I can do also. But definitely, with my speed and things like that, I was drafted to get more down the field. Hopefully, that works out in Seattle."
    rest - https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...r-usage-denver

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Yup it was clear as day that EVERYONE WAS AS BEING USED WRONG. Pat shurmer was a garbage OC and fangio allowed the shit to continue week after week year after year. That’s why I don’t understand anybody blaming anything but fangio and shurmer for the failures on offense along with teddy!!! But yet my boy king keeps on standing on the hill of fangio and shurmer smh two failures whose done nothing truly significant. I am so glad those guys are GONE. Loving coach Hackett and the staff he’s brung in man.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Yup it was clear as day that EVERYONE WAS AS BEING USED WRONG. Pat shurmer was a garbage OC and fangio allowed the shit to continue week after week year after year. That’s why I don’t understand anybody blaming anything but fangio and shurmer for the failures on offense along with teddy!!! But yet my boy king keeps on standing on the hill of fangio and shurmer smh two failures whose done nothing truly significant. I am so glad those guys are GONE. Loving coach Hackett and the staff he’s brung in man.
    It's not my fault you don't understand how the appeal to authority fallacy works/doesn't work.

Lol literally EVERYONE keeps coming out slamming shurmer and literally ONLY YOU keep hanging your everything on him. Not a single player spoke anything positive when he was fired yet again.

Thanks can’t for publicly bashing this terrible OC. The guy was the worst OC we’ve ever had.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

You are missing the point: an appeal to authority is simply pointing to a person in authority and going "they're an authority, ergo they're right." That's what you did in another thread via Paton. By arguing against Shurmur and Fangio, who are authorities, you undermine your previous argument, which was the start of this. There's nothing wrong with pointing to someone with a proven track record, but doing so in the manner you did was what is known as a logical fallacy. Especially given how even bad coaches like Fangio (as a HC, he's a proven success at DC) and Shurmur, who hasn't been a good OC in quite sometime, you'd think that you would be able to point to what Paton has done and not just go 'he's Paton, our GM, so stop second-guessing him'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

You're welcome.

Will miss Fant. He is right about everything. Sucks to lose him, but Big Russ is worth it every day. Had shurmer might not have been such a F up, maybe we would have had to give less because Fant is so good. Oh well.

I like where we are at now!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

There were some people crying when we signed Manning because they were so in love with Tebow. Sorry bitch boys Manning and Wilson are worth taking every single time especially when they have a great resume to back it up. Young promising players are fine but ill take a SB winner every single time over "what if's" every day of the week.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information