Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos 2022 NFL Draft Thread 04/28/22-04/30/22

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Idk how dulcich didn’t get an A grade the dude is a beast that’s fast and has awesome hands and a awesome route tree and route awareness at such a young age it’s scary man. And he’s a super hard worker
    He ran a 4.69. that's a pretty pedestrian 40 and not close to kittle , Kelce, fant or Albert O

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I agree with most of the consensus, i gave us a B grade overall as well for this draft.

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/04/3...t-grades-2022/

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I’m not a draftnik and I didn’t really pay attention much this past CFB season to draft prospects, either. All I know is what I see from the NFL Network and E!SPN draft wieners and what guys on message boards say about prospects. That being said, loved the Bonitto pick. This is the first season in a long time I’ve gone into doubting the effectiveness of our pass rush. A lot of questions surround Chubb, Gregory, and Reed. He will help with that.

Other than that, the draft leaves me scratching my head a little bit. I know most of us have thought forever (like since the Shanahan era if you believe that) that we really needed to actually draft a good RT. We tried a couple times with Franklin and Sambrailo but they didn’t exactly pan out. Seems we’re content just to keep paying mid to low level FAs to band aid that spot every year. Kinda disappointing, but whatever. With Turner now in the mix, it wasn’t our biggest need. As far as ILB, there are still our own FAs out there that we could bring back in a pinch, but I figured we’d take a shot in at least one in the draft. We drafted 2 more CBs and a Safety. I guess that pretty much puts a fork in Ojemudia and makes him another wasted 3rd rounder. Bassey is on notice, too I guess.

Paton said stuff like, “didn’t fall like we wanted” and “not gonna reach” when we passed on some OTs and such who peole thought we should’ve drafted. The only thing I can surmise from stuff like that is that in talking to some of these guys (something nobody aside from teams get to do) they decided they didn’t interview well or whatever. Fans and pundits only get to watch game film, the combine, workouts, the senior bowl, etc but we’re not privy to the interview process. That’s the only thing I can think of why we decided we needed 15 CBs, of which only 6 or so will make the roster, but not to draft an OT. Or, I guess none of the OTs available fit the “wide zone” scheme. If that’s the case, Jaded was right and we drafted scheme over talent which can be a little disheartening.

No big deal though. We could’ve skipped the draft and I’d still be on cloud 9. We got our QB and we’re officially off the carousel. This year looks bright. I’m excited to get it started.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dunno, ever year when we watch and talk about the draft people come away from it with different views. In the year we took Jeudy i wanted to take a OT in the first round to which most people were against it. And their response was "you cant fix everything in one draft". Now here were are FINALLY addressing a LB need and again people are coming away disappointed because we didnt take a OT. Is the mantra the same? Do we just say you cant fix it in one draft? Can we address it in FA? I dunno but when Manning played our Oline wasnt the greatest then either yet Manning was able (before his final season) to make up for its inadequacies while we still got to 2 Super Bowls. I see Wilson doing the same thing, is it an ideal way to go about it? Not really. But then teams like Dallas who supposedly have one of the best lines in football arent even sniffing the Super Bowl. I guess you just have to pick your poison at this point.

*The Bengals oline was ranked 20th last year*
    Last edited by Northman; 05-01-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    To be fair, I don't think it's a this year thing. Yes they moved up for the center, but you don't wait til day 3 hoping you get your center replacement if you think you need an immediate replacement. The new scheme fit is the concern. Can Cush move well enough to get out on the blocks and up to the second level? Lloyd was... serviceable last year after being terrible in year 1. I expected more from him too but it isn't done yet. Unless of course they replace him in camp with a non-rookie - you never know.

The guy I'm sad for is Muti, I don't see how me makes it here now. Regime changes bring casualties, but Denver's got some work to do to figure out how the OL fits together.
    Didn’t LSU run a similar scheme when Burrow & Cushenberry were there? If so, I’m hoping this is a better fit for Cushenberry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

One on one with Nathaniel Hackett: Bonitto's visit, Dulcich's hair and hitting the field with Russell Wilson

May 01, 2022

Head Coach Nathaniel Hackett sits down to recap his first draft in Denver and share his excitement for this year's class. Plus, he discusses how working with Russell Wilson went during the Broncos' voluntary veteran minicamp.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...nd-hitting-the

'I just immediately started crying': OLB Nik Bonitto on getting the call from Denver

May 01, 2022

Outside linebacker Nik Bonitto sits down to discuss what it means to be a Denver Bronco, the type of player he is and more.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...all-from-denve

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

We all have to remember that some of these DBs are here to be depth but mainly to create an amazing special teams unit! Which is something we haven’t had in years both covering punts and receiving punt’s. Also trading away two of our first round picks is what pushed us OUT of being able to snag a tackle higher that was worth it. So you just gotta accept that Wilson was the main piece we drafted lol and I’m fine with that any day of the week. Wilson will indeed mask lost the issues but I don’t think we have any glaring issues as is. I’m fine with the group we have now

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    He ran a 4.69. that's a pretty pedestrian 40 and not close to kittle , Kelce, fant or Albert O
    I don’t get caught up in 40 times all that much, I haven’t looked at the 40 times of anybody we drafted. It’s all about game speed and how fast he gets in and out of his breaks for me. This guy ran killer routes creating huge separation all day long, he didn’t have an average of 17 yards per catch for no reason! The reason is his game speed and his route running and he has super sure hands. He’s going to be our Jeremy shockey out there with the long gold hair flying in the air.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

I much preferred the kid from Coastal Carolina who I think the Ravens got day 3 at TE. Just like Sheffler, I'll root for him now that he is a Bronco but outside of Bonito, I don't particularly care for our draft.

I rate draft by how many starters we come away with. Value is a losing mans game. I never understand why people are so obsessed with it. Just like in FF. People build these value teams and I smoke them every year because I get freaking starters.

So for me:

Casa Bonitto is a starter
    Gregg Francovich is a starter (he looks like the love child of Weird Al and James Franco)
    the DT (you spell his name!) is a starter
    the PR/KR wide receiver kid is a starter.

The C has potential especially if our LSU kid cannot adapt to the new scheme.

That is 4 starters and 1 potential starter. That imo is an A+ draft.

I do not know about the CB. He may be forced to start, but I am unsure how good he is or can be. Same with the S. I have not looked at the last WR nor the other DB we got.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

11. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    I much preferred the kid from Coastal Carolina who I think the Ravens got day 3 at TE. Just like Sheffler, I'll root for him now that he is a Bronco but outside of Bonito, I don't particularly care for our draft.
    Ive been watching a lot of Greg......I see a lot of similarities to Kelce. Yes, Travis Kelce. I see some Scheffler in him, but I see more of the old rams TE that went to the bolts I think. Cannot remember his name, but when he was younger I see that too. I am actually quite surprised and impressed with this kid.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

13. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

After this play by Dulcich, I knew LSU was gonna have a bad game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dJRaR5FMlT0

15. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I rate draft by how many starters we come away with. Value is a losing mans game. I never understand why people are so obsessed with it. Just like in FF. People build these value teams and I smoke them every year because I get freaking starters.

So for me:

Casa Bonitto is a starter
    Gregg Francovich is a starter (he looks like the love child of Weird Al and James Franco)
    the DT (you spell his name!) is a starter
    the PR/KR wide receiver kid is a starter.

The C has potential especially if our LSU kid cannot adapt to the new scheme.

That is 4 starters and 1 potential starter. That imo is an A+ draft.

I do not know about the CB. He may be forced to start, but I am unsure how good he is or can be. Same with the S. I have not looked at the last WR nor the other DB we got.
    I agree. The first two guys will be heavy contributors this year, and probable starters in 2023. Montrell Washington will be our starting PR/KR day 1. We’ll see if he develops into a slot/3rd down guy. He was handpicked by our ST’s coach.
    EU will probably be in the rotation this year, and I can see him possibly starting next year; he is Shelby’s replacement. Wattenberg is also a starter by 2023, maybe sooner if Paton can get a decent pick out of Cush. Mathis has a chance to be in the mix at backup CB, as I believe he can play slot or outside. Might be Darby’s replacement next year.

My sleeper pick is Henningsen, DT. One of those try hard-high motor guys. Super smart that has a Masters in Electrical Engineering, or something. May be nothing more than a solid rotational guy, but nothing would surprise me with him.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    After this play by Dulcich, I knew LSU was gonna have a bad game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dJRaR5FMlT0
    You might be impressed with that clip, but looks sloooooow to me. Translates to JAG in the NFL. That pick more than any other is what bugs me about our draft. Compare that to Likely who I think the Ravens nailed with the pick later (see the Jets at about the 1:38 mark).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H7orfdgt-8

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    You might be impressed with that clip, but looks sloooooow to me. Translates to JAG in the NFL. That pick more than any other is what bugs me about our draft. Compare that to Likely who I think the Ravens nailed with the pick later (see the Jets at about the 1:38 mark).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H7orfdgt-8

It was the only game I recall watching Dulcich in. It’s not that I’m impressed, but I’m an LSU homer and they got burnt.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information