Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos 2022 NFL Draft Thread 04/28/22-04/30/22

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    28m
    Broncos to sign East Carolina CB Ja’Quan McMillian per sources. He was in on a top 30 visit. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Rams also got my boy Lance. Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Additional UDFAs:

UT Martin TE Rodney Williams II - old at 24, has basically Shannon Sharpe's exact frame Had a bone bruise in his foot pre-pandemic during his senior season when he was a WR, then got the pandemic delay. Ate and lifted his way into being a TE, blew up the small school combine (4.51 40, killed it at the shuttle and bench press). He's interesting, and Denver is serious about that seam weapon at TE.

ECU CB Ja'Quan McMillian - SO MANY DEFENSIVE BACKS. Broncos brought him in for a visit, so apparently they liked what they saw. Small, feisty CB. PFF darling (top 3 ranking, 2nd in off-zone coverage). Probably has to switch from outside corner (where bigger WRs sometimes trucked him) to nickel or dime. Pro Day time was 4.56, which is closer to a 4.65-4.7 at the combine (combine has one side timed by computer, so it's more accurate, pro day timing always shows faster than combine timing). Denver is doubling and tripling down on DB bodies.

Trying to pull all these from checkmarks, accounts affiliated with the teams or the players themselves, but there's some conflicting info out there.

For instance:
    -----------------------
    Joe Rowles
    @JoRo_NFL
    ·
    33m
    We now know 10 members of the Broncos UDFA class

WR Jalen Virgil
    LB Kadofi Wright
    EDGE Chris Allen
    WR Kaden Davis
    WR Brandon Johnson
    CB Cortez Davis
    OT Sebastian Gutierrez
    LB Kana’i Mauga
    DB Ja'Quan McMillian
    TE Dylan Parham

George Paton said they planned to sign 10 or 11.
    ----------------------

So did they sign Parham and Rod Williams II or just one of them? Dunno yet.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

5. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Paton on the Tackle thing: "First and foremost, we're confident with the tackles we have. Did we want to get a tackle? Sure. But we also wanted to get a center, and we did - a center/guard. You don't want to reach, and there were tackles we were hoping fell to us, and maybe tried to get [move] up and it just didn't work out. And you can't force it, because if you take the wrong guy then you're just gonna have to replace him. We're happy with the players we got, a tackle didn't fall to us, but we feel really good with the players we have."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Disappointing in Cush. He did so great at LSU. I’m still holding out hope, but it Coach Hack and Paton are looking for a new center, then I sense no confidence in Cush.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Disappointing in Cush. He did so great at LSU. I’m still holding out hope, but it Coach Hack and Paton are looking for a new center, then I sense no confidence in Cush.
    To be fair, I don't think it's a this year thing. Yes they moved up for the center, but you don't wait til day 3 hoping you get your center replacement if you think you need an immediate replacement. The new scheme fit is the concern. Can Cush move well enough to get out on the blocks and up to the second level? Lloyd was... serviceable last year after being terrible in year 1. I expected more from him too but it isn't done yet. Unless of course they replace him in camp with a non-rookie - you never know.

The guy I'm sad for is Muti, I don't see how me makes it here now. Regime changes bring casualties, but Denver's got some work to do to figure out how the OL fits together.
    -- James Dean

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

It’s up to Cush to come to camp and show he’s improved and can do the job. The days of fangios good ole boys is ova. Cush gotta compete now where as when he came in he was handed the job. I’m sure he’s up for the challenge though so I wouldn’t rule out Cush definitely not this early. Gotta see what’s happening in camp

12. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

All of these guys man camp and pre season will let us know what’s what but one thing for sure is he’s not behind the 8ball because coach isn’t going to just rule out a guy without any football and contact happening

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    All of these guys man camp and pre season will let us know what’s what but one thing for sure is he’s not behind the 8ball because coach isn’t going to just rule out a guy without any football and contact happening
    Yeah, the draft and UDFA period basically guaranteed camp battles. Paton set up some conflicts and we'll see how they resolve. Very curious to see who learns fast and steps forward, because the talent on the team is quite good, and now that they can stop squandering all their offensive potential because their quarterbacks have noggins full of styrofoam, maybe we can see it fully deployed.

Also might finally get decent special teams play, which WOULD BE A NICE CHANGE. Sheesh.
    -- James Dean

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    10m
    Chris Allen got a $30k signing bonus and $150k guarantee. That’ll keep him around. #9sports
    ------------------

Holy... that's a big undrafted setup. why didn't you just DRAFT him then? It would have been cheaper to take him in the 7th and grab Faion Hicks as a UDFA. Maybe it's injury concerns and wanting to really see the foot first. But c'mon.
    -- James Dean

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    13m
    Another undrafted WR:
    Kaden Davis signs free agent deal with Denver Broncos

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

18. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    10m
    Chris Allen got a $30k signing bonus and $150k guarantee. That’ll keep him around. #9sports
    ------------------

Holy... that's a big undrafted setup. why didn't you just DRAFT him then? It would have been cheaper to take him in the 7th and grab Faion Hicks as a UDFA. Maybe it's injury concerns and wanting to really see the foot first. But c'mon.
    Lol it’s okay bro it’s not our 150k which for a NFL player is very cheap. Even if he doesn’t make the team I’m happy for him he might a got drafted if he didn’t get hurt last season so I’m happy he got a little cash for him and his family and a shot at being a bronco.

George Paton trying to pull of another WR looks great in camp trade huh with all these UD rookie wideouts lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    3m
    Broncos 13 undrafteds:
    Christopher Allen, OLB
    Ja'Quan McMillian, CB
    S. Gutierrez, LT
    M. Niese, OL
    Tyreik McAllister, RB
    Rodney Williams, TE
    Dylan Parham, TE
    Kadofi Wright, LB
    Brandon Johnson, WR
    Kaden Davis, WR
    Jalen Virgil, WR-Ret
    Cortez Davis, CB
    Kana'i Mauga, ILB
    #9sports

-----------------

13 undrafteds. Man, that's a lot. I'm surprised all those guys agreed to sign - but of course the drafts got messed up because of Covid and we had some super-super seniors out there with lots of extra years. Packed class means lots of undrafteds. Hope some of them find luck.

It's just different this year - you would almost never take that many, and I'm pretty sure that puts Denver over 90 camp bodies so they'll have to do something.
    -- James Dean

22. The Following 6 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    3m
    Broncos 13 undrafteds:
    Christopher Allen, OLB
    Ja'Quan McMillian, CB
    S. Gutierrez, LT
    M. Niese, OL
    Tyreik McAllister, RB
    Rodney Williams, TE
    Dylan Parham, TE
    Kadofi Wright, LB
    Brandon Johnson, WR
    Kaden Davis, WR
    Jalen Virgil, WR-Ret
    Cortez Davis, CB
    Kana'i Mauga, ILB
    #9sports

-----------------

13 undrafteds. Man, that's a lot. I'm surprised all those guys agreed to sign - but of course the drafts got messed up because of Covid and we had some super-super seniors out there with lots of extra years. Packed class means lots of undrafteds. Hope some of them find luck.

It's just different this year - you would almost never take that many, and I'm pretty sure that puts Denver over 90 camp bodies so they'll have to do something.
    That should put us at 93 player’s so idk what there going to do unless a few guys just appear to not even worth the time coke mini camps and otas or what not which will definitely happen. I’ll be surprised if EVERYONE looks great. It’ll be some guys who might get hurt or just can’t pick up the playbook or just look bad out there even in shorts

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information