Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos 2022 NFL Draft Thread 04/28/22-04/30/22

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    The Jets and Jags have been bad so long they always get nice picks. It’s rarely about the talent on their team, it’s their management, coaching, and culture. Until they break away from those losing cultures, they’ll continue to suck. We were getting very close to that here in Denver since VJ took over and it continued through Fangio. Wilson, Hackett, and Paton seem to be trying to change that culture. That’s what we need. We have talent, we needed coaching, buy-in, and accountability to be a playoff team.
    IMO, we have those three last items now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    The Jets and Jags have been bad so long they always get nice picks. It’s rarely about the talent on their team, it’s their management, coaching, and culture. Until they break away from those losing cultures, they’ll continue to suck. We were getting very close to that here in Denver since VJ took over and it continued through Fangio. Wilson, Hackett, and Paton seem to be trying to change that culture. That’s what we need. We have talent, we need coaching, buy-in, and accountability to be a playoff team.
    Will be interesting to see how Pederson does in Jax, would be nice to see them turn it around.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    What do you think of Trey the TE and Chad the LB?

I personally am not very high on either. I have Trey as a late 3rd/4th rd guy and I have Chad as a 4th to 5th round guy, but everyone keeps talking about praying they fall to 64. Curious to see what you think of those two.
    At pick 64 and beyond it's all about perceived value. One team may not like those guys at 64...but another is willing to trade up for them.

I like Trey, but I don't think TE is such a big area of need that we have to draft one early. I like Muma, but I think we have needs that are bigger than ILB. If we walked out of tonight with a long term answer at RT, a corner to replace Darby and a safety to compliment Simmons...I'd be happy.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Oh, Thank you Ravens. Thank you, thank you. Now he'll be the next Ed Reed instead of the bust he was going to be in Houston.
    I don't know that there is any situation where Hamilton is the next Ed Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    At pick 64 and beyond it's all about perceived value. One team may not like those guys at 64...but another is willing to trade up for them.

I like Trey, but I don't think TE is such a big area of need that we have to draft one early. I like Muma, but I think we have needs that are bigger than ILB. If we walked out of tonight with a long term answer at RT, a corner to replace Darby and a safety to compliment Simmons...I'd be happy.
    Im ok with us at S. Sterns and Johnson and PJ as depth. Sterns could have replaced Kjax this year, but I like Kjax back. I think we can draft or sign another FA next year after kjax goes.

I am with you on RT.

I am still torn. Lets say that Ojabo, Bonnito, Dean, Faale and Pitre -frere are all on the board....Which way do we go? I would love a T. However, Ojabo might just be too good to pass up. That said, I do not want Turner as our starting RT.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

8. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

The nice thing is there is some tackle depth in this draft. And I am always about drafting online and pass rushers. But I'm with you. And like I've said it's kind of the model but the nuggets were able to take once they had built out their roster which is hey if there's a guy that falls that we think is far more talented than where we're going to be able to draft him. Ojabo is a guy that there were talks out potentially even being the top past Russia taken before he got hurt. So you would almost have to take him at that slot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Woody Paige
    @woodypaige
    ·
    15h
    The Broncos will trade up in the second round to get a player they have listed as a first rounder.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Woody Paige
    @woodypaige
    ·
    15h
    The Broncos will trade up in the second round to get a player they have listed as a first rounder.
    Oh really woody? I wonder who the player is

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Im ok with us at S. Sterns and Johnson and PJ as depth. Sterns could have replaced Kjax this year, but I like Kjax back. I think we can draft or sign another FA next year after kjax goes.

I am with you on RT.

I am still torn. Lets say that Ojabo, Bonnito, Dean, Faale and Pitre -frere are all on the board....Which way do we go? I would love a T. However, Ojabo might just be too good to pass up. That said, I do not want Turner as our starting RT.
    If Ojabo is there, I think it's a no brainer. But if they are moving Browning to edge...why do we need to draft one? I'd prefer t keep him at ILB and draft another edge, but I guess Evero has other ideas.

Either way, I'd like to walk away with a T, CB and S. I'd be ok replacing the safety with an edge/LB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Woody Paige
    @woodypaige
    ·
    15h
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Oh really woody? I wonder who the player is
    Corner. mcreary or whatever his name is. Short fiesty sumbish
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Deepen both lines and get 1 more CB. The rest will work itself out

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I don't know that there is any situation where Hamilton is the next Ed Reed.
    Actually, the comparison I heard most was Polamalau (sp), but I didn't want to try to spell that.

Golden Domer hype runs a 4.7 40 on his pro day. I'm just glad he wasn't picked by one of my teams.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Logan Hall to the Bucs.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

The wait tonight is gonna be annoying, knowing the Broncos have the ammo to move up but not knowing who they're targeting. Hurry up!
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information