Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos 2022 NFL Draft Thread 04/28/22-04/30/22

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    So does the Bonito pick mean that Barron Browning is moving back inside?
    Bonitto can cover as well as rush the passer from what I saw of him - not a one-trick pony. He's got some decent hips. That means he's not just a package-limited rook. Since we didn't draft an ILB I am currently assuming that Bonitto plays outside and Browning takes more inside snaps, yeah.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Mcreary is the name I keep hearing for who Denver might have been trading up for, per "leaks"

Joe Rowles
    @JoRo_NFL
    A couple of Broncos narratives we heard leading up to the NFL Draft

- trade up for Roger McCreary
    - early iOL

Me thinks George Paton doesn't leak on accident.
    Thats who UR thought we would trade up for.

Somebody has let Paton know we still need to draft this year, right? That there are still needs on this team that could be addressed with available players?

Meh. We rolled the 3rd to next year, picked up like a dead-last 5th rounder as a throw-in.

I don't know if you can be whelmed, but I am under so far.
    I think it’s time for fans to stop acting like they know better than Paton and company…… especially after everyone on here wanted one of these trash quarterbacks that all went in round 3 with the 9th overall selection lol

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I would still have been fine with Pickett because he is still the most NFL ready (which is why Pitt took him) but its hard not to argue that many of the QB's in this draft were praised far too much by media pundits.
    Yeah NFL ready…… he’s trash as well he ain’t about to do a damn thing for the Steelers for years if he does anything at all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

The Athletic grading our 2nd rounder:

64. Denver Broncos: Nik Bonitto, Edge, Oklahoma
    Bonitto (6-foot-3, 248) had 18.5 sacks, 32 tackles for loss and nine passes defended in 36 games the past three seasons.He had the highest pressure rate (22%), the highest quick pressure rate (12%) and the second-highest true pressure rate (23%) among edge defenders in this year’s class.

Bonitto ran a 4.54, and his three-cone time ranked in the 76th percentile. I see a bendy edge rusher who can get after the passer and spy mobile quarterbacks. He was one of my favorite Day 2 prospects. I love this pick for the Broncos.

Grade: A
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Bonitto can cover as well as rush the passer from what I saw of him - not a one-trick pony. He's got some decent hips. That means he's not just a package-limited rook. Since we didn't draft an ILB I am currently assuming that Bonitto plays outside and Browning takes more inside snaps, yeah.
    Works for me.

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Assuming we stand pat...we have picks 9 and 10 tomorrow. Who ya like?

Winfrey and FAA still there. My top 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Wilson alone will change the entire mentality of the team and will make more plays than the QB's we had before. Its going to be night and day from the last 2-3 years.
    Lol I’m not even concerned with the draft pick’s man Wilson is worth it and more exciting than anything we coulda drafted with the picks we gave up.

And I love the guys we brung in today. Looking forward to who we can snag tomorrow we have a ton of picks sheesh. Probably be looking to trade some of them for picks next year

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    So does the Bonito pick mean that Barron Browning is moving back inside?
    I hope so

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    I think it’s time for fans to stop acting like they know better than Paton and company…… especially after everyone on here wanted one of these trash quarterbacks that all went in round 3 with the 9th overall selection lol
    The fun thing about appeals to authority is that you can actually go back through a decade of draft threads here and find out who we wanted in those slots, and then find out how those players turned out. The average of this board matches up with a lot of people in the draft rooms.

Pro teams have MORE knowledge but it's not special knowledge handed down by the football gods that only they can possibly understand.

Paton proved last year what I thought about him when we brought him in: that he would draft well. I expect he also drafted well today with his 2 picks.

I ain't mad at him - but there are still holes to address. Luckily he has a lot of picks and since I don't expect a dozen rookies including undrafteds to make the roster, he can combine some to move around and get his guys. He didn't do it today, but he may be saving his ammo for tomorrow. Also taking the long view and moving a pick from this draft to next, when we don't have nearly as many picks.

It's his job. He's doin fine. So keep doin fine tomorrow, cuz this team is not stuffed to the gills with talent yet.
    -- James Dean

13. The Following 6 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Mcreary is the name I keep hearing for who Denver might have been trading up for, per "leaks"

Joe Rowles
    @JoRo_NFL
    A couple of Broncos narratives we heard leading up to the NFL Draft

- trade up for Roger McCreary
    - early iOL

Me thinks George Paton doesn't leak on accident.
    It’s proven that anybody reporting on broncos stuff are most likely liars because Paton doesn’t leak information

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    You had no issue with bashing coaches who didn't do what you wanted with Lock; so keep it consistent.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

So the broncos have 2 of the top 10 picks tomorrow?

18. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You had no issue with bashing coaches who didn't do what you wanted with Lock; so keep it consistent.
    Yeah they are out of the entire NFL…… very good comparison you have a history of basing your arguments on trash so you can take this argument and shove it bro.

Seattle doing the right thing drafting a great LT Lock is finna do some great things out there.

Thee end

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Assuming we stand pat...we have picks 9 and 10 tomorrow. Who ya like?

Winfrey and FAA still there. My top 2.
    With you on Faa. Winfrey at DT is fine with me too, I thought we might go there when we took the TE honestly.

I do like the CB out of Pitt, Mathis, or Bryant from Cincy. I think more CBs is good when dealing with the nonsense that KC and the like will throw at us, and both guys are aggressive. Easier to turn down aggressiveness IMO than it is to get players who fight every down for every ball. Since I haven't seen what exactly Denver plans to do with its defensive backfield scheme, though, I'm open to other corners if they're better fits.

And I saw Hayes with Oklahoma and if Denver wants a guard he'd be a good fit I think. Passing on RT again would be kind of annoying, but good players are good players.
    -- James Dean

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information