Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nathaniel Hackett raves about Russell Wilson, explains 2022 could be learning process for Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Nathaniel Hackett raves about Russell Wilson, explains 2022 could be learning process for Broncos

The Denver Broncos will be much improved in 2022 compared to the last six seasons. Especially on offense.

But, as difficult as it may be for the fan base, Broncos Country may need to pump the brakes on their team having the best offense in the NFL this year.

New Broncos head coach Nathaniel Hackett knows first-hand what it’s like to implement a new offense with a superstar quarterback, and in his fantastic interview with Albert Breer on Sports Illustrated, Hackett actually called the beginning of his tenure with the Packers a “s— show.”

Hackett’s offense embarrassed in Week 1 of the 2019 season, putting only 10 points on the board and a mere 213 total yards. In Week 6 of that season, the Packers barely edged out the lowly Detroit Lions 23-22, with three turnovers. Admittedly, it was a slow, rocky start for Green Bay in Matt LaFleur and Hackett’s offense.
    rest - https://milehighsports.com/nathaniel...s-for-broncos/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Love it. And the honest approach to how things may look to start.

Coach Hackett is definitely a breath of fresh air for us man. This is going to be an amazing start to a longggggg coaching career in Denver and a lot of wins to come baby!

5. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I mentioned this before, I think people are thinking SB already just because of Russ and for me I see holes and new schemes and a variety of things that could cause some early struggles. I'm excited for damn sure, but I have realistic expectations of next year of competing to get into the playoffs, vs what were losing seasons or .500 on its best day under previous staffs and teams.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I mentioned this before, I think people are thinking SB already just because of Russ and for me I see holes and new schemes and a variety of things that could cause some early struggles. I'm excited for damn sure, but I have realistic expectations of next year of competing to get into the playoffs, vs what were losing seasons or .500 on its best day under previous staffs and teams.....
    Every team has some holes, though. Denver is a SB contender and should be held to such standards. I got you hoes going to the Bowl of Superitude.

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Every team has some holes, though. Denver is a SB contender and should be held to such standards. I got you hoes going to the Bowl of Superitude.

It would be outstanding to go to the Superbowl this year, but that's not really a realistic hope. Hackett is a first-year head coach, with a lot of new faces in the coaching room and even more on the field.

This is the year to get it tuned up, and tested. Then, when we've got it dialed in (hopefully next year) we'll let it rip.

11. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    It would be outstanding to go to the Superbowl this year, but that's not really a realistic hope. Hackett is a first-year head coach, with a lot of new faces in the coaching room and even more on the field.

This is the year to get it tuned up, and tested. Then, when we've got it dialed in (hopefully next year) we'll let it rip.
    I am more optimistic. We've seen a rash of young head coaches make deep playoff runs as of late. Plus, talent is what wins. How many teams have a better roster? Three?

I said essentially the same thing in another thread and was called "cynical". Interesting how malleable people can be....

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

New doesn’t always mean problems will arise. These aren’t first time coaches, just first time coaches in a new role. If your intelligent your intelligent and the players are already buying in. Having the elite quarterback is going to mask the growing pains. When manning came here we didn’t have any good coaches really but we became contenders winning 12-13 games immediately because the quarterback masked the flaws of the coaches

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

This article is spot on....Way too many new elements to try to mesh together and have ready for the start of the season. The offense will have a "breaking-in" period where players have to learn and understand each others nuances as well as a new playbook. I still see a 8-9 or 9-8 team this year but next year I believe things start clicking..

Or, I could be numb from watching the Broncos ineptness for the last 6 years lol

16. The Following User High Fived Reidman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    This article is spot on....Way too many new elements to try to mesh together and have ready for the start of the season. The offense will have a "breaking-in" period where players have to learn and understand each others nuances as well as a new playbook. I still see a 8-9 or 9-8 team this year but next year I believe things start clicking..

Or, I could be numb from watching the Broncos ineptness for the last 6 years lol
    If Wilson and the guys wasn’t putting in all this work outside on there own I’d agree on the whole taking time to gain chemistry but since Wilson has these guy putting in the work as well as studying the playbook I’d say the learning curve is being cut in half

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    If Wilson and the guys wasn’t putting in all this work outside on there own I’d agree on the whole taking time to gain chemistry but since Wilson has these guy putting in the work as well as studying the playbook I’d say the learning curve is being cut in half
    You don't think the guys on the Packer's offense did the same thing? Of course they did. It will take time for them all to gel and to get to the point where they are all aligned in their thinking, Russ knows which way a receiver is going to break, the receiver knows which way Russ thinks he is going to break, the OL knows which way Russ is going to slide, etc. They will get there but to expect it week one is ridiculous. The offense will get better as the season goes along, without a doubt.

Now, the exciting part is feeling that they will already be starting ahead of where we were at any point last year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I would agree with you but then you have cases like Tampa Bay a couple of years ago when Brady went to the Bucs and in his first year won a SB. Anything can happen, is it the norm? Nah. I think at best we make the playoffs but there is still a lot of great teams out there but when i watch what the Bucs did and then last year watching the Bengals going into Narrowhead and win from coming from behind it kind of tells me anything can happen so as long as the chemistry is right and players can stay healthy.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Get stud QB on loaded roster -------------------> S.B.

Yeah, Arians and McVay were established coaches, but with that Qb and that roster, Denver has massive expectations.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post

If we don't go at least 10-7 it's a failure.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information