Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Haskins died this morning

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Brandt is beyond out of line.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I wonder why he was walking on a highway at 6:30 in the am?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    He was PTing/conditioning with his teammate from what I understand.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Per Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the accident occurred at 6:37am and had Haskins walking on a “limited access facility for unknown reasons” and attempted to cross Interstate 595 when he was struck by a dump truck.
    Anyone have more info? Or more accurate? Who was the teammate? Sad AF, condolences to those left behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    They said jogging…. But either way idk about jogging on the highway. It’s dangerous but I also don’t know what area he was in, does he live by this highway and always take a short on and off the highway of jogging? And this time it hit him in the ass?

Idk but either way you don’t have to disrespect the dude to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Anyone have more info? Or more accurate? Who was the teammate? Sad AF, condolences to those left behind.
    I haven’t seen that but I don’t know I’ll just wait for the actual truth to come out though because I read jogging and now it says he was crossing the highway when hit by a dump truck. It’s going to be all kinds of misinformation right after the incident. The truth will come out whether it’s embarrassing or not.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I understand emotions are high, but what did Adam Schefter say wrong?

https://uproxx.com/sports/lamar-jack...kins-reaction/
    There was nothing wrong with Shefter's original tweet. The outrage over it is stoopid.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    There was nothing wrong with Shefter's original tweet. The outrage over it is stoopid.
    I love that some of the outrage takes the form of 'oh so all we are is entertainment?' on an entertainment platform (twitter). I could see how Shefter's original tweet, that said that Haskins struggled to catch on, offers a thin corner to grab and claim outrage by those addicted to outrage cycles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I love that some of the outrage takes the form of 'oh so all we are is entertainment?' on an entertainment platform (twitter). I could see how Shefter's original tweet, that said that Haskins struggled to catch on, offers a thin corner to grab and claim outrage by those addicted to outrage cycles.
    That, and if he wasn't a star, no one would've known of his untimely death.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

What I find pathetic is these football players are making it about themselves with their latest outrage and taking away the tragedy that has occurred. Dez Bryant is the lastest to have chimed in.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

That and had Shefter said "Haskins, who started for Washington lead the Football Team to the SB and was Super Bowl MVP died yesterday...and so" methinks Lamar and other people wouldnt be complaining. It wasnt like Shefter was trying to throw shade on Haskins in anyway only stating the fact of where Dwayne was currently in his career at the time of his death. Context matters and that was totally lost on Lamar and the other people whining about Adam's tweet.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I'll simply say that when I was taking journalism classes that was the type of sentence we were taught to not write.

It wasn't malicious, but writing about his struggles as a player early into an entry on his death is clearly flawed writing; not avoiding what could easily be interpreted as a potshot in that context was silly.

I think we can just look at it as what it is: something that would piss off just about anyone if *they're* loved one was covered in that way. I agree that some folks will always look to outrage, but if something is worth getting upset over, does the inclusion of people who are always upset mitigate the legitimacy of earnest parties? That doesn't make sense to me.
    Last edited by King87; 04-10-2022 at 06:30 PM.

19. The Following 6 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    Ahhhh now the truth finally comes out and things make sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

https://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh...-the-community

Haskins was a fixture at Steelers’ community outreach events, volunteering his time to help others in his new home. He jumped in right away, helping to hand out backpacks, school supplies and hygiene kits at a Pittsburgh public schools back-to-school event. Through the Salvation Army’s Project Bundle Up initiative a couple of months later, Haskins and eight teammates took a group of local kids shopping for winter gear at Dick’s Sporting Goods. In December, he delivered Christmas gifts, food, shoes, socks and health care items to Pittsburgh organizations and the Convoy of Hope for Huddle for the Holidays.

“He quickly became part of our Steelers family upon his arrival in Pittsburgh and was one of our hardest workers, both on the field and in our community,” coach Mike Tomlin said in a statement after Haskins’ death. “Dwayne was a great teammate, but even more so a tremendous friend to so many.”

23. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information