Thread: Mel Kiper first round Mock Draft

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Mel Kiper first round Mock Draft

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/dra...ds-free-agency

I stuck with the teams that are taking QB's (since i want to know how this shakes out now). In Mel's mock the Saints are first up.

18. New Orleans Saints

Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    The Saints tried and failed to add Deshaun Watson, so are they definitely committed to Jameis Winston now? I don't think so. If the board shakes out this way -- with all of the passers available -- why shouldn't they take Pickett? He's the most NFL-ready of the bunch, leveling up last season with 42 touchdown passes and just seven interceptions. He is super accurate. He understands how to run an offense and lead a team. He could be the Saints' future.

This is a strange quarterback class, and the range on when Pickett and Malik Willis come off the board varies from everyone I talk to in the league. No one knows for sure. I would not be shocked if either of them fell into New Orleans' lap here.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers

Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
    The structure of Mitch Trubisky's new contract with Pittsburgh -- just $5.25 million guaranteed over two years -- means this organization absolutely could draft a quarterback here. Trubisky could be a bridge to Willis, who is raw but supremely talented. As I said when I projected him to the Steelers in my previous mock, he is the most talented quarterback in this class. Willis could compete with Trubisky, Mason Rudolph and Dwayne Haskins in training camp, but he wouldn't be under immediate pressure to start in Week 1. That would be crucial for him.

If the Steelers go a different direction, they still have holes to plug along the offensive line and in the secondary.

32. Detroit Lions (via LAR)

Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss
    I'm going to stick with Corral to the Lions, but I keep hearing it's not out of the question that he is the first quarterback off the board. He didn't work out at the combine, so teams haven't gotten a look at him since his ankle injury in early January. He's going to throw for scouts at his pro day Wednesday, and he could create some buzz there. He throws a ball with some zip and is extremely tough, though he doesn't have a huge frame (6-foot-2, 212 pounds). The biggest question revolves around the offense he ran in college; his coaches didn't ask him to make many reads. There will be an adjustment in the NFL.
    For the Lions, I just don't see Jared Goff as the future. This allows them to get a potential quarterback of the future on a team-friendly five-year contract.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I heard Pickett's hand grew an extra 1/8th of an inch for his Pro Day.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information