Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Right Tackle won't be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    Wasn't he in the zone in his rookie year? It seems to be like this is the perfect fit for him. It's Quinn that I'm worried about. You need to be able to move quickly in the wide zone, and that belly has to carry a lot of weight, lol.

All that said, I'm not worried about RT. I'm far more concerned with our defensive front 7. Chubb and Gregory are probably going to miss a lot of time, so we need help there. Our D-line needs upgrading, and we need help at ILB. George Paton has done enough though that I trust whoever he picks in those first few picks
    I think coach just penciled Quinn in as the starting RG last week to start out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

“Quinn is the best RG in the history of the planet”—Jham
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

3. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    “Quinn is the best RG in the history of the planet”—Jham
    Ah ha! Idk about being the best in the history, however the dude is super talented and I love how nasty he is.

5. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Going by articles and fan posts on the inter webs, finding OL for Hackett’s “system” is Apparently the hardest thing to do in professional sports.

Gotta run that wide zone so you need just the right stuff. Your otherwise Elite prospects need not apply.

Godspeed George Paton, the fate of the planet is in your hands.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 04-07-2022 at 05:12 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Muti who I love may be odd man out here.
    Muti is who I’d like to see starting at LG instead of Risner. For all the power and nastiness he brings, he might not be athletic enough for this new system.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Muti is a lot like Meinerz. Because of how powerful he is people take it for granted that he's a substandard athlete. If you go back and read pre-draft reports his athleticism was a huge part of his appeal. The big thing about an entirely new staff is that everybody on the roster is going to be evaluated on merit not on prejudice or preconceived notions about who the best player at that position was like our ridiculous previous staff

9. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

Speaking of O-line, this was an interesting depth chart that was put out by I believe Joe Rowles

https://twitter.com/JoRo_NFL/status/1512467326314205191

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 10.30.51 AM.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	20215
    Formerly known as 'BigAl' on the Freak

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

Also, can someone explain to me how to put images of tweets on here? I tried embedding it, posting a link, and then ended up screenshotting, but the image is obviously too small
    Formerly known as 'BigAl' on the Freak

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Also, can someone explain to me how to put images of tweets on here? I tried embedding it, posting a link, and then ended up screenshotting, but the image is obviously too small
    If you're using a phone, it's more complicated.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

When typing a post, use the “go advanced” button and look for the little blue Twitter bird. Paste the link in it.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

15. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Going by articles and fan posts on the inter webs, finding OL for Hackett’s “system” is Apparently the hardest thing to do in professional sports.

Gotta run that wide zone so you need just the right stuff. Your otherwise Elite prospects need not apply.
    I agree. It's not about system, it's about the options in your team to attack a defense. The system is just the combination of those listed play calls.

With our offense we can attack inside and outside the numbers, both vertical, deep, intermediate, and short horizontally with the pass and run options. That's far more important than how far across the OL angle on reach blocks.

The only things Wilson needs to do year 1 is:
    1. Continue to take care of the ball like he has his entire career - single digit ints. That's the biggest improvement right there.
    2. Make good presnap decisions on which option to choose - again something he's done all his career going back to college.
    3. Maybe bring some high end plays per game in the 2nd half when it comes to deep throws.

That's it. That already makes us a far better offense than anything we've had in the past 6 years.
    That's not even mentioning how he's one of the best/most accurate QBs in the league under pressure and throwing on the run.
    But I'll take that **** too.

You'd have to be Vance Joseph to **** that up.

17. The Following User High Fived Helios For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    I agree. It's not about system, it's about the options in your team to attack a defense. The system is just the combination of those listed play calls.

With our offense we can attack inside and outside the numbers, both vertical, deep, intermediate, and short horizontally with the pass and run options. That's far more important than how far across the OL angle on reach blocks.

The only things Wilson needs to do year 1 is:
    1. Continue to take care of the ball like he has his entire career - single digit ints. That's the biggest improvement right there.
    2. Make good presnap decisions on which option to choose - again something he's done all his career going back to college.
    3. Maybe bring some high end plays per game in the 2nd half when it comes to deep throws.

That's it. That already makes us a far better offense than anything we've had in the past 6 years.
    That's not even mentioning how he's one of the best/most accurate QBs in the league under pressure and throwing on the run.
    But I'll take that **** too.

You'd have to be Vance Joseph to **** that up.
    Man I went back and watched all Wilson highlight videos from the last 10 years and this dude throws nothing but dimes man! Absolute dimes it amazed me just how accurate this guys passes are. Short and long and intermediate passes are all super accurate. It’s going to be amazing having such a elite quarterback in Denver

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

20. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Muti is a lot like Meinerz. Because of how powerful he is people take it for granted that he's a substandard athlete. If you go back and read pre-draft reports his athleticism was a huge part of his appeal. The big thing about an entirely new staff is that everybody on the roster is going to be evaluated on merit not on prejudice or preconceived notions about who the best player at that position was like our ridiculous previous staff

22. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information