Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Right Tackle won't be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Turner is a backup, GB didn’t sign him to be a full time starter.
    Except he ended up starting like every game the last 2-3 years and played well in those games too

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Except he ended up starting like every game the last 2-3 years and played well in those games too
    You saw that graphic Mozza posted, right?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    True, but that was 2019 stats. He wasn't nearly as good as a LT when filling in for their starter. When he switched back to RT, he improved greatly.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    I like Daniel Faalele from Minnesota. He will handle RT for the next decade.
    I think he fits great in a power blocking system, but I don't think he can't fit in the wide zone system.
    Formerly known as 'BigAl' on the Freak

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

I would be very surprised if we take a tackle on day 2. Most teams carry 9 offensive linemen on the active roster. Here is what we have:
    Tackle: Garrett Boles, Calvin Anderson, Billy Turner, and Tom Compton
    Guard: Risner, Muti, Glasgow, Meinerz, Braden
    C: Cush

That's already 10--the max we'll carry on the active roster. Typically you don't carry more than 4 tackles. I don't see how you can cut any of the tackles given that we just signed them (outside of Bolles).

Given that, my best guess we go we tackle on day 3...developmental guy that can be on the practice squad in year 1

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    I would be very surprised if we take a tackle on day 2. Most teams carry 9 offensive linemen on the active roster. Here is what we have:

That's already 10--the max we'll carry on the active roster. Typically you don't carry more than 4 tackles. I don't see how you can cut any of the tackles given that we just signed them (outside of Bolles).

Given that, my best guess we go we tackle on day 3...developmental guy that can be on the practice squad in year 1
    Like one of those guys you cut and hope he survives waivers? That is what I've been hearing too.

You need about 15 OL to run in training camp though. SO we have room for 5 more at least.

1st, 2nd, 3rd team, ST, etc. They will add quite a few more. When cuts come we will probably get down closer to that number, but for now and for draft, I expect us to add a few and I expect us to draft a T. Paton is doing everything I would do. Everything I said he should do.

T and Edge (unless someone falls) will likely be our first few picks. As well as trading out to get a 2nd next year.

For now my dream is Ojabo at 2 and then a T in 3. Use the other 3rd for a 2 next year-
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Apparently Turner recovered from a bad 2019 and played pretty well in 2020 and 2021.

10. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    You need about 15 OL to run in training camp though. SO we have room for 5 more at least.

1st, 2nd, 3rd team, ST, etc. They will add quite a few more. When cuts come we will probably get down closer to that number, but for now and for draft, I expect us to add a few and I expect us to draft a T. Paton is doing everything I would do. Everything I said he should do.

T and Edge (unless someone falls) will likely be our first few picks. As well as trading out to get a 2nd next year.

For now my dream is Ojabo at 2 and then a T in 3. Use the other 3rd for a 2 next year-

I'm trying to understand your logic. Take a tackle on day 2 and then lose either him or one of the guys we just signed when we cut them after camp? None of those guys would make it past waivers. I agree we'll add a tackle. But doing so in the 2nd or 3rd round doesn't make sense given that we'd have to cut either someone we just signed (which is also not good for the cap), or cut the guy we draft that high

I'm trying to understand your logic. Take a tackle on day 2 and then lose either him or one of the guys we just signed when we cut them after camp? None of those guys would make it past waivers. I agree we'll add a tackle. But doing so in the 2nd or 3rd round doesn't make sense given that we'd have to cut either someone we just signed (which is also not good for the cap), or cut the guy we draft that high
    The guy from the 9ers we signed. He sucks. He is good at run blocking and good depth but that is it. Why not cut him? It wont affect the cap, only the top 51 or whatever do.

Turner stays, Anderson stays, 2nd rd pick stays. Thats all we need. Turner and anderson are the swing guys LT/RT and one likely starts- Billy probably. Rookie is backup unless hes good enough to start. Compton was good depth to start out with but he gone.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I’m trying to understand your logic.

Who gives a shit about the scrubs they just signed? None of them are under contract beyond 2022 and finding their replacement in ‘23 makes is poor roster management.

Paton has to be thinking T, otherwise he’s derelict of duty.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

15. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Compton belongs at G anyway.

Bolles and Turner start (barf), Anderson swings, Rookie waits. Don’t overthink, Paton.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

17. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    The guy from the 9ers we signed. He sucks. He is good at run blocking and good depth but that is it. Why not cut him? It wont affect the cap, only the top 51 or whatever do.

Turner stays, Anderson stays, 2nd rd pick stays. Thats all we need. Turner and anderson are the swing guys LT/RT and one likely starts- Billy probably. Rookie is backup unless hes good enough to start. Compton was good depth to start out with but he gone.

God forbid they land a long term solution that starts right away and sends Turner to the bench where he belongs, I realize that’s too Madden-y but a man should be allowed to dream about actual legit starters … even in the world of “fits the system”.

Compton could/should be Risner competition.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

19. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Yup, I was going to say something similar to what broncoJoe said. It definitely appears that he was much better at RT than LT. which makes sense since the lesser pass rusher is usually over on that side.

Compton and Braden were brought in because they know the blocking scheme. Although Muti is much more talented than either of those guys, he might not be a scheme fit, and so Compton or Braden might get his roster spot. If there is an OT on the board that Paton likes, there is no reason to not draft him because of the players on the roster. The best 4 stay, that is how it works.
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information