Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Now what?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Now what?

My take, high end QB salary and holes galore. Honestly though, you can not win without a competent QB.

sure would be nice if we didn't manage to remove ourselves from adding legit talent in rounds 1 and 2 for the next 2 years.

We have edge issues, anyone to cover a TE yet, DLINE issues which were increased by trading pretty much our only consistent DL player, WR's who seem to be unable to get separation, CB shortage, OLINE that is mediocre at best, which ironically was one of the new guys gripes.

Its a big list, and add to that, cash strapped as this team always seem to be, im not really excited for the future. 2 games a year better, maybe, not good enough yet though.

Glass mostly empty, but its okay to be in the minority. Or maybe its not cool anymore.
    There is the minority, and then there is being alone on a desert island thousands of miles from civilization... Why even get out of bed if you're this cynical? Lordy... Russ has never had a losing record as long as he's been in the league (last year's injuries notwithstanding). He should roll out of bed and get us into the playoffs.

Or we can go back to having the most cap space in the league and no QB, and no relevancy.

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I got here in like 2007. So be more specific or false the wrath of my taunts!

So no!

Bad LD!
    I’ve never had to false the wrath of anyone. Too old to start now.

I believe I’m referring to your Bengals infatuation, although maybe that was just another of your dalliances around the league. Maybe that’s just it, you’re a serial cheater…

4. The Following User High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    There is the minority, and then there is being alone on a desert island thousands of miles from civilization... Why even get out of bed if you're this cynical? Lordy... Russ has never had a losing record as long as he's been in the league (last year's injuries notwithstanding). He should roll out of bed and get us into the playoffs.

Or we can go back to having the most cap space in the league and no QB, and no relevancy.
    I stated in the first line that you can not win without a top tier QB, the rest of the team is what it has been, middle of he pack.

Its okay to be optimistic, its okay to be pessimistic. Its not cynical to look at your team and feel they aren't all that, over 1 signing.

6. The Following User High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Now what?

My take, high end QB salary and holes galore. Honestly though, you can not win without a competent QB.

sure would be nice if we didn't manage to remove ourselves from adding legit talent in rounds 1 and 2 for the next 2 years.

We have edge issues, anyone to cover a TE yet, DLINE issues which were increased by trading pretty much our only consistent DL player, WR's who seem to be unable to get separation, CB shortage, OLINE that is mediocre at best, which ironically was one of the new guys gripes.

Its a big list, and add to that, cash strapped as this team always seem to be, im not really excited for the future. 2 games a year better, maybe, not good enough yet though.

Glass mostly empty, but its okay to be in the minority. Or maybe its not cool anymore.
    You have a second round pick this year, so that's not bad. You have have two thirds this year, and your third round next year. It's not like you're totally bereft from young talent, let alone the FA destination Denver becomes with Russ.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I’ve never had to false the wrath of anyone. Too old to start now.

I believe I’m referring to your Bengals infatuation, although maybe that was just another of your dalliances around the league. Maybe that’s just it, you’re a serial cheater…
    The falsity of my wrath is massive!

I was (unfortunately) a Bengals fan for a long time, so it wasn't like I joined the board back in 2007/8 and looked to root for Denver.

Now what?

Wait so what was your answers to just remain at the bottom of the division the next two years and hope the 4 players we drafted 1-2 this year and next year propelled us to the top?

It seems you might have forgotten how a franchise quarterback can lift the play of everyone around them, give the defense lead’s so they can pin there ears back ya know.

But no really what was your plan to get the broncos out of the bottom of the west???

Also we don’t have any issues with our wideouts getting separation lol. What we did was miss out on atleast 20 touchdowns because teddy didn’t bother looking down the field or just checked it down as the mid and deep routes was coming open.

So yeah Denver has a couple holes but we also have some young guys we’re expecting to take steps forward and we still have a ton of picks after round 1-2 where paton has been golden! The dudes been able to find talent in round 3-7 so I’m excited to see many of these hole’s filled

11. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Fair assessment, but I think there are ways we can get things done and be extremely competitive without spending like the Jags.
    Bargain bin shopping at the Dollar General never ends well, sign one legit free agent if that’s all you can afford.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Now what?

It’s almost as if Russell Wilson disagrees with you.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Russel Wilson was a massive get for this team. The offense will finally be legit. We just made a good move for the DL. Now we need a Edge, RT, CB and ILB and we should be well on our way for competing for the division even in light of what the chargers have done. We have 3 picks still in the top 100 as well. We are in talks with Massie who wants to come back for RT and who played well last year, and we are looking at some tier 2 CB's and ILB in FA, we are in talks with Jones camp for edge and waiting to see what happens with Von as well. While people should temper expectations next year simply because of how new everything and everyone will be with lots of chemistry, scheme, fit stuff to iron out much like when Kubiak came in. We still have cap space, restructures and draft picks to shore up the holes we have. Lets not declare were Sb contenders yet, but the needle moved in a big way towards contending for at least the division crown and a wild card. Lets not forget we won 7 games with Teddy who is a below Avg Qb. You really don't think Russel Wilson adds some more wins?
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

16. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Wait so what was your answers to just remain at the bottom of the division the next two years and hope the 4 players we drafted 1-2 this year and next year propelled us to the top?

It seems you might have forgotten how a franchise quarterback can lift the play of everyone around them, give the defense lead’s so they can pin there ears back ya know.

But no really what was your plan to get the broncos out of the bottom of the west???
    Not sure where you came up with this analysis.

I just do not think a 33 year old qb is a cure all.

Made no predictions beyond "2 games a year better, maybe, not good enough yet though" (from my original post).

There is nothing that is a guarantee about this teams improvement. Through the draft or the addition of Wilson at this stage of the game. I am simply saying i do not like the cycle of bringing in post 30 year old qbs, and at high cost to positions of need.

Its amazing, people list all the positions of need, then claim we can fill them in the draft, post top tier talent draft position.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    It’s almost as if Russell Wilson disagrees with you.
    Not sure you can claim our oline is much better than middle of the pack as it sits.

Or there are not a multitude of holes here too.

I can not blame the guy for wanting to get out of seattle, though. And its a good thing, yet its not enough to make this team a contender, IMO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You have a second round pick this year, so that's not bad. You have have two thirds this year, and your third round next year. It's not like you're totally bereft from young talent, let alone the FA destination Denver becomes with Russ.
    And the general consensus from people around the league was that this minus quarterback was a playoff caliber roster. So it's not just everyone in broncos country viewing this signing through orange tinted glasses.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Not sure where you came up with this analysis.

I just do not think a 33 year old qb is a cure all.

Made no predictions beyond "2 games a year better, maybe, not good enough yet though" (from my original post).

There is nothing that is a guarantee about this teams improvement. Through the draft or the addition of Wilson at this stage of the game. I am simply saying i do not like the cycle of bringing in post 30 year old qbs, and at high cost to positions of need.

Its amazing, people list all the positions of need, then claim we can fill them in the draft, post top tier talent draft position.
    The problem with both of the quarterbacks on the team last year was that they hang on to the ball too long. The ability to make quick reads and get rid of the football mitigates many deficiencies in offensive line play.

We were 1-5 in 1 score games last year (only one of which we scored more than 20 points). Imagine if we do what good teams do with good QB play and reverse that number to 5-1. Then you throw in the 4 games we lost by multiple scores where we scored 13 or fewer points and we split those and this team is easily an 11-12 win team. Add to that we got rid of an OC who was either apathetic or incompetent or both and didn't seem to value scoring in the first half of games and the sky is the limit. How anyone can be pessimistic at his point is insane.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rosebus For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information