Thread: Sy-Fi Football Team

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default Sy-Fi Football Team

I thought it would be fun to come up with a different type of football league, but I couldn’t come up with an entire roster. The hardest positions for me to figure out would be WRs & DBs because I’m having trouble coming up with Sy-Fi characters that would be superior in all of what I’d consider most important for the position; height, speed & jumping ability. Aside from all players being Sy-Fi character, this league doesn’t have any rules pertaining to player safety. Furthermore, the league is exempt from all criminal and civil laws prohibiting bodily harm, including fatalities.

Feel free to suggest characters that you think should be on this team, including those who you think would be better than the ones I’ve listed. Guidelines for who qualifies to make the list:

*Must be from a Sy-Fi movie or show, superheroes (such as from DC or Marvel) don’t qualify.
    *Must be no more than 12 feet in height
    *Only 1 player per species
    *Only 1 member of special orders, such as 1 Jedi and 1 Sith, but only 1 of each.
    *Can use any type of hand-to-hand/melee weapon, but not ranged weapons.
    *Can use special natural powers
    **Telepathy
    **Telekinesis
    **The ability discharge fire, ice, lightning, etc. from their fingers, eyes, mouth, etc.

The Offensive roster is in post #2, and the Defensive roster is in post #3.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Offensive

QB: Tuvok – Vulcan (Star Trek: Voyager)
    The only common denominator amongst all great QBs is they’re calm under pressure, enabling them to accurately read opposing Ds and make smart decision about what to do with the ball. This is the defining characteristic of Vulcans. As Chief of Security on Voyager, I believe Tuvok had the best athletic skill set to play QB of all the Vulcans in the franchise.

RB: Jem'Hadar Solder (Star Trek: Deep Space 9)
    *Genetically engineered and trained to be warriors
    *Their bladed staff weapon that they used in an episode in which a dampening field nullified their particle weapons would make them perfect “pass protectors.”
    *Their dagger that they can us for “stiff arming” when running with the ball.
    *Their personal cloak would enable them to run past defenders who wouldn’t see them coming.

RB/WR: Tosk (Star Trek: Deep Space 9 – S1/E5: Captive Pursuit)
    *Genetically engineered to be hunted in their planet’s blood sport.
    *Their personal cloaks would enable them to run past defenders who wouldn’t see them coming.
    *They have extraordinary athleticism, especially speed and leaping abilities.

WR: (Open to suggestions)

WR: (Open to suggestions)

TE: Obi Won Kenobi – Jedi Master (Star Wars – Original Trilogy/Prequel Trilogy/Clone Wars)
    *Can use Jedi mind tricks to get opposing defenders out of position to stop the play the offense called.
    *Can use the force’s telekinesis to redirect errant passes.
    *Can use his force aided athleticism to out jump anyone for the ball and/or over any opponent to evade a tackle.
    *Can use his lightsaber for pass protection and/or “stiff arming” when he’s running with the ball.

OL: Worf – Klingon (Star Trek: The Next Generation & Deep Space 9)
    *Greater physical strength then most, allowing him to defeat almost all of his opponents.
    *Best Bat'leth (double-sided scimitar/hook sword/lujiaodao hybrid-edge weapon that would be perfect for pass protection) fighter in the galaxy.

OL: Lennier – Minbari (Babylon 5)
    *Although a member of the Mimbari religious cast instead of Warrior cast, he became a “ranger/ Anla'Shok” (who were warriors in their own right).
    *Trained in the use of a Denn'bok (retractable fighting pike).
    *Never lost a fight

OL: Hirogen (Star Trek: Voyager)
    Warrior/Hunter race

OL: 7 of 9 (Star Trek: Voyager/Picard)
    *Superior physical strength
    *Can assimilate opponents

OL: (Open to suggestions)
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Defensive

DL: Alien (Alien franchise)
    Can rip any OL to pieces that gets in its way.

DL: Chewbacca – Wookie (Star Wars franchise)
    Has the size and strength to throw opponents around who get in his way.

DL: Species 8472 (Star Trek: Voyager)
    Being around 10 feet in height, it would be very difficult for QBs to throw over him/her.

DL/LB: Predator (Predator franchise)
    Warrior/Hunter race

LB: Todd – Wraith (Stargate: Atlantis)
    *Superior physical strength
    *Can cause opponents to hallucinate
    *Can drain the life energy of their opponents

LB: Alien (Independence Day)
    Can cause opponents to hallucinate

LB/DB: Odo – Changeling (Star Trek: Deep Space 9)
    Can shapeshift to…:
    *…reach out and grab the football and opponents.
    *…take the physical appearance of their opponents.

DB: Darth Maul (Star Wars: The Phantom/The Clone Wars/Rebels/Solo)
    *Can force chock opponents.
    *Can use the force’s telekinesis to redirect errant passes.
    *Can use his force aided athleticism to out jump anyone for the ball and/or over any opponent to evade a tackle.
    *Can use his lightsaber for pass protection and/or “stiff arming” when he’s running with the ball.

DB: (Open to suggestions)

Someone better have chewbacca and the predator on ther teams.

Put Chewie on the d line….. hairy Arron Donald !

Then you have the predator roaming around centre field hunting ….

5. The Following User High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post
    Someone better have chewbacca and the predator on ther teams.

Put Chewie on the d line….. hairy Arron Donald !

Then you have the predator roaming around centre field hunting ….
    That's exactly what I did, except I have the preditor as DL/LB because I couldn't make up my mind as to which place would be better for him.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    That's exactly what I did, except I have the preditor as DL/LB because I couldn't make up my mind as to which place would be better for him.
    Lol. You did. I should have read your roster… just read the OP and visions of intergalactic football danced in my head…

8. The Following User High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post
    Lol. You did. I should have read your roster… just read the OP and visions of intergalactic football danced in my head…
    So, based on your previous post, do you think the preditor should a LB or DB?

Lb. Long. Rangy and fast moving..l no one is running thought middle of the field… and he can blitz as needed too.

11. The Following User High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

My timing on posting this thread was terrible. I originally thought of this thread last year when everyone was so underwhelmed by our offseason transactions. So, I figured that I could create a fantasy team we could discuss a team that we’d enjoy watching rather than the real one that’s been disappointing us ever since Manning retired. However, first I didn’t get it posted until a Monday night, which is a little late for everyone to become aware of it if you want to get a lot of dialog going. The day afterwards, we sign Wilson and that’s all anyone wants to discuss

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Only one correct answer for QB, Flash Gordon.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Only one correct answer for QB, Flash Gordon.
    Flash Gordon, QB, NY Jets:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1980-movie-project-flash-gordon-02-470x310@2x.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	20090

Richard Todd, actual QB of the NY Jets when that movie came out in 1980:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71++J5C88cL._AC_SY445_.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	20088
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information