Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: QB opinions...give your outlook

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

People have to remember, in the offseason Denver was interested in Stafford, Rodgers, and Watson. They also were apparently interested in Trey Lance so its not like Denver wasnt looking for a QB. Now whether they were interested in Fields no one really knows but considering Fields has not looked that great so far it sounds like they dodged a bullet there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

OK

Lock...no. I'll say it again, if we go draft, he is gone. If we go FA, he's a cheap backup and may stay.

Howell...has potential with weapons around him. Same issue as Willis at Sr. Bowl though. It's a controlled environment. Plays to his strengths. Doesn't adlib well or necessarily read defenses. Strengths not a fit for our O based on article I posted elsewhere.
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 02-03-2022 at 07:48 PM.

3. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    I’d be curious to hear Paton’s justification for taking any of these QB’s at 9 while passing on Fields in the same draft slot last year.
    You wont hear it because we wont be picking at 9. That is going to be the Green bays pick. All in due time. Just like we do not have a DC because we want the rams guy. Just have to wait for him.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    You wont hear it because we wont be picking at 9. That is going to be the Green bays pick. All in due time. Just like we do not have a DC because we want the rams guy. Just have to wait for him.
    It'll never happen, but I'd love to trade back 3 spots now, get another pick and still deal #12 to GB. They'll want 1s. Who says it has to be #9?

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    If the organization viewed Lock as a longterm prospect, they wouldn't have treated him as Teddy's backup. They would have named him starter down the stretch, they would have spoken about him differently.

Also, his name would have come up at least once in Paton and Hackett's introductory press conference.

And finally, Hackett keeps emphasizing how he wants an "intelligent" QB, which is not Drew Lock.

I'd be shocked if Drew Lock was on the roster to start training camp.
    Ummm news flash it was fangio who made the dumb ass decision to go with teddy not the front office. And for you to sit here and call somebody dumb who does things you can barely dream of doing is absurd!

Also Hackett said he’s excited to work with lock so Um yeah try again with your hating bud.

8. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    If the organization viewed Lock as a longterm prospect, they wouldn't have treated him as Teddy's backup. They would have named him starter down the stretch, they would have spoken about him differently.

Also, his name would have come up at least once in Paton and Hackett's introductory press conference.

And finally, Hackett keeps emphasizing how he wants an "intelligent" QB, which is not Drew Lock.

I'd be shocked if Drew Lock was on the roster to start training camp.
    Also you clearly didn’t watch the 1 on 1 with Hackett on db.com Hackett absolutely mentioned lock, also when fangio was fired Paton mentioned Lock and how the HC would have to
    Have a plan regarding lock. You people don’t pay attention to anything and then make these statements as if they are facts when the facts are you just don’t know what you are talking about

10. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    At the 4:40 mark in this video, Hackett says "young quarterback" when talking about the offense.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...uild-dynasties
    Majority of the people making comments aren’t even watching the sit downs with Hackett lol. Shit is amazing how the buff guy makes those statements without even watching the sit downs lol.
    Hackett clearly said he’s excited to work with the young quarterback, the young wide outs. The young tightends and young RaB

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think the justification is simple. He thought that either Lock would win the job outright or Teddy might be able to get us to the playoffs. But now he has a new HC which means that new HC will have his own vision of whom he wants to run the team offense.
    Yeah, I get that, and you may be right. The problem with that justification is that not only was it wrong, but nobody in this year’s class is ranked as high as a prospect as Fields was last year. So now this year he may be forced to take a wild swing at a lesser prospect. And I hate to make this about Fields, because I never have been a Fields guy. I’m more just looking at the situation the Broncos find themselves in now. Talking themselves into a mediocre QB prospect.

13. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    It'll never happen, but I'd love to trade back 3 spots now, get another pick and still deal #12 to GB. They'll want 1s. Who says it has to be #9?
    You made me so hot with that
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

15. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Rogers...Not coming here

Watson...Not coming here the closer he gets to being cleared the higher the trade package keeps rising. Don't be surprised if he ends up playing in Houston next year, when they make Flores the coach lol

Wilson...Not coming here

Cousins...Shitty ass scrub who throws for 300 yds a game in garbage time. Why would Minnesota trade him if he is as good as some of you bronco fans try to imply

Jimmy G...Don't want him but its better and cheaper then Cousins and he knows what it means to be in the Sb and have a good playoff record. He would be the best scrub Qb brought into Denver going back to Plummer that's how many scrubs we have gone through FYI.

Carr...never gonna happen in division, but I'd ride with him......(Agreed on all counts here)

Jameis...Scrub f that, wont be worth cost.

Pickett...No complaints at 9. But we have to be ready to draft over him next year. (Agreed)

Corral...Same as Pickett. Like him better but more injury/size concerns. (Agreed)

Strong...eh. Love his passing. Lack of mobility and injuries would keep me away. (No thanks for me as well)

Ridder...Love him. Trade back and get him in mid 1st. Add a pick or 2 for our troubles. (looked shaky during Senior bowl week so far, he isn't a 1st rd Qb.)

Willis...Not my preference of the rooks, but I could see the logic...Josh Allen. Very hard to start him day 1. (Agreed he cant start day 1 needs time. High ceiling though)

Mariota...I'd cringe. Only way I accept this is as a bridge to Willis. But still no. (1 year vet deal and I'm in with Lock as the backup and a 1st rd rookie developing. Its also Cheap as shit use the cap space to get Edge rusher, RT and CB help, and bring back AJ and Kenny young)
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 02-04-2022 at 07:06 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

A good way to do this honestly is to trade for Jimmy G (Yuck) for our 2nd rd pick(rumored cost) at a cost of 26 Million next year(way cheaper in cost, length and draft capital then scrub ass Kirk), while rolling with Lock as the back up and developing the rookie. If done right the rookie is ready for 2023 or you draft in 2023. The problem with this though is if Jimmy does well your going to be forced to re-sign a Avg Qb long term. If it doesn't work though your free and clear on lock, Jimmy and ready for the rook in 2023.

I personally still prefer to let Hackett try and roll with Lock and a Develop a 1st rd. Rookie. While having a competent backup vet like Mariotta for the year. If lock balls you have him and a developing rookie. If he fails(Likely) you cut ties with him for nothing and The rook starts in 2023 backed up by some other vet. If the rook looks bad you also have good capital for the 2023 draft. Keep in mind I also wont be expecting much so if this does work it will be a pleasant surprise lol

You use the draft capital and cap space saved to build and fill all our other holes. We are not a QB away from contending that is a media narrative some broncos fans are eating up. Massive roster questions on both sides, scheme tweaks or changes across the board and all new coaches the players have to buy into.....2023 will be the start of our contending if we get this next year right, without mortgaging cap space and draft capital. We are in no position to act like we are the rams......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Ummm news flash it was fangio who made the dumb ass decision to go with teddy not the front office. And for you to sit here and call somebody dumb who does things you can barely dream of doing is absurd!

Also Hackett said he’s excited to work with lock so Um yeah try again with your hating bud.
    Hackett never mentioned Lock.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    A good way to do this honestly is to trade for Jimmy G (Yuck) for our 2nd rd pick(rumored cost) at a cost of 26 Million next year(way cheaper in cost, length and draft capital then scrub ass Kirk), while rolling with Lock as the back up and developing the rookie. If done right the rookie is ready for 2023 or you draft in 2023. The problem with this though is if Jimmy does well your going to be forced to re-sign a Avg Qb long term. If it doesn't work though your free and clear on lock, Jimmy and ready for the rook in 2023.

I personally still prefer to let Hackett try and roll with Lock and a Develop a 1st rd. Rookie. While having a competent backup vet like Mariotta for the year. If lock balls you have him and a developing rookie. If he fails(Likely) you cut ties with him for nothing and The rook starts in 2023 backed up by some other vet. If the rook looks bad you also have good capital for the 2023 draft. Keep in mind I also wont be expecting much so if this does work it will be a pleasant surprise lol

You use the draft capital and cap space saved to build and fill all our other holes. We are not a QB away from contending that is a media narrative some broncos fans are eating up. Massive roster questions on both sides, scheme tweaks or changes across the board and all new coaches the players have to buy into.....2023 will be the start of our contending if we get this next year right, without mortgaging cap space and draft capital. We are in no position to act like we are the rams......
    A 4th round pick is plenty for Garoppolo.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    A 4th round pick is plenty for Garoppolo.
    Agreed......but word out of the Senior bowl is 2nd day pick rd 2 or 3 selection. Pitt, Denver, Tampa, NO.....top 4 rumored teams from some senior bowl circles. We happen to have the highest rd 2 pick.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Hackett never mentioned Lock.
    He did say we have a young Qb he was excited to work with. So to be fair I can understand why he thinks its lock without lock being mentioned specifically, he could have meant Rypien or Hinton I guess lol. However if that's the case were in big trouble lol.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information