Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible OC and DC rumors

Default Possible OC and DC rumors

I’ve heard about this on the radio earlier, and I finally found more info

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-for-broncos/

Report: Ejiro Evero, Adam Stenavich coordinator candidates for Broncos
    Posted by Josh Alper on January 27, 2022, 8:42 AM EST

The Broncos are finalizing a deal that will make Nathaniel Hackett their next head coach and a couple of names have emerged as targets for a couple of key assistant positions on his staff.

NFL Media reports that the leading candidate for defensive coordinator is Rams secondary coach/pass game coordinator Ejiro Evero. Evero has been with the Rams since 2017 and took on the pass game coordinator title this year.
    Evero and Hackett were college teammates at Cal-Davis and worked on the same Buccaneers staff in 2007. Evero interviewed for the Packers defensive coordinator job last year before Joe Barry was hired for that position.

The report also indicates that the Broncos will request an interview with Packers offensive line coach/run game coordinator Adam Stenavich for their offensive coordinator position. Stenavich could also be a candidate to take on that role in Green Bay once Hackett’s officially announced as the new top man in Denver.
    Last edited by Strafen; 01-27-2022 at 08:15 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I guess no one likes Getsy!

I wonder why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

I wonder why?
    I wonder.

Some random website reported that he was in the mix to be Hackett's OC in Denver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Would love for Hackett to try and see if Gus Bradley, and/or Bisaccia are available. The raiders are going in a different direction, and maybe neither would want to stay. Also, if Josh McDaniels is the man, Carr will be available in a couple of months after Joshy gets caught trying to make a trade.

6. The Following User High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Those are two key positions to fill

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

I wonder why?
    It’s rumored the Packers will promote Hackett’s replacement from within. Getsy will likely be that guy. If he’s their OC, they can block him from taking the Denver job at the same position.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

9. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    It’s rumored the Packers will promote Hackett’s replacement from within. Getsy will likely be that guy. If he’s their OC, they can block him from taking the Denver job at the same position.
    It will take a promotion for him to either stay in Green Bay or to move to Denva...
    The only way Green Bay can block the move is if the promote him as an assistant head coach, a promotion to an OC may be his choice, I would think. That’s how it used to work in the 80’s not sure how things may have changed since...

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i love that he's looking at an option to keep the defensive scheme intact. . . if it's not broke, don't fix it! there's more than enough work to be done on offense, we don't need to f**k around wasting picks to totally revamp the side of the ball that's actually playing at a high level. . . it's the smart thing to do, and it gives me some early confidence that hackett was a good hire. . . plug in a quality edge prospect in the draft, and maybe another corner, find a nosetackle in free agency, and call it a day. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

12. The Following 7 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i love that he's looking at an option to keep the defensive scheme intact. . . if it's not broke, don't fix it! there's more than enough work to be done on offense, we don't need to f**k around wasting picks to totally revamp the side of the ball that's actually playing at a high level. . . it's the smart thing to do, and it gives me some early confidence that hackett was a good hire. . . plug in a quality edge prospect in the draft, and maybe another corner, find a nosetackle in free agency, and call it a day. . .
    Our defense is young, we’ve got good depth and just about everyone on that side of the ball saw significant playing time that season, same with the OL. Our defense can only get better this season from the draft. That’s the beauty of it, that we can continue build a defense free of FA’s. Homegrown products is all I see. I love it.
    The offense has ways to go and may require a free agent here and there to revamp the line, that said, our offense effectiveness will hinge heavily on the quarterback position. That’s huge going forward!

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If they land Evero I’d won’t even lament the loss of Getsy, there’s more intriguing OC candidates than Stenavich … OL coaches rarely make the most innovative OC’s.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Is being a Rams DB coach a resume enhancer though? Seems to me like their DBs spent a lot of time reading the backs of opponents' jerseys.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Is being a Rams DB coach a resume enhancer though? Seems to me like their DBs spent a lot of time reading the backs of opponents' jerseys.
    Several of His DB’s got paid well in ‘21 offseason.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

“I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

This could possibly hurt Denver's chances of getting Stenavich assuming GB doesn't want to lose both guys and they block one of them

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information