Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Nathaniel Hackett reportedly next Broncos HC

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I guess? But yes i do like his potential.
    I'm not bashing you. He has potential....but those hands

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Who is your comp on him? He's an enigma. Had people talking about NC as a potential playoff team and was just up and down
    He lost a ton of talent to the 2021 draft. I was able to watch quite a few NC games this year (for some weird reason) and it was insane how bad his supporting cast was. I think NC led the NCAA in dropped ball percentage and there were many times when Howell was forced to be "creative". Talent wise, I kind of agree with the pundits in that he is comparable to Mayfield, but I think he has a much better head on his shoulders. That's why I'm interested to see what he can do Senior Bowl week with decent talent around him again

4. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    See, thats weird to me because Howell is not that great to me. Once he lost Carter and Williams he became very average to me.
    Also lost Newsome and the rest of his receiving corps. Like I said, UNC was among the leaders in dropped ball percentage. Again...I don't think he's great...I'm just interested to see how he does when he has some decent talent around him again. If he has a great week, then he's definitely one of my favorites in a bad group

6. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I was a fan of Hackett and the respect and love he earned from players for quite a while. Can't find it anymore, but there was an article I read around October that kind of made me excited about him potentially being a candidate in the event Fangio was fired...and it all played out. He's a different kind of guy, but I think he'll end up being a good hire for the team. Of course...like ANY other coach...his success is going to be tied to the ability to acquire a QB for the long term. Rodgers can come in with the existing personnel and most of us could coach the team to 11, 12 or 13 wins. It's what he can do when he's given a young, promising talent that will determine his long term fate.
    Not to keep beating a dead horse (no pun intended). Not withstanding his legal problems, I would love to see what Hackett could do with Watson. Yeah, I said it…..again. Will wait to see what eventually transpires, but one can dream. Maybe then Jeudy isn’t part of the equation and could be replaced with Fant.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Not to keep beating a dead horse (no pun intended). Not withstanding his legal problems, I would love to see what Hackett could do with Watson. Yeah, I said it…..again. Will wait to see what eventually transpires, but one can dream. Maybe then Jeudy isn’t part of the equation and could be replaced with Fant.
    I'm totally on board with a legally cleared Watson. I also think whether it's Rodgers or Wilson or Watson, Jeudy and Albert O are definitely going to be pieces the other teams are going to want involved

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

12. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Woot! Glad we went this way instead of another coach with a defensive background. The current NFL seems to be revolving around the offensive minded coach being more successful.

Now go get Rodgers and Adams! Give them Jeudy, Fant 2 1sts and 2 2nds and I'm good. We can get another TE to team with Albert O and will be loaded with weapons for Rodgers. Draft some additional talent on defense and let's roll!!!

14. The Following 6 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Rodgers said he’d left the packers know if he’s going to retire or not by march something lol. This guy really doesn’t seem like he wants to play anymore to me.
    Rodgers said he didn’t want to be part of a rebuilt. The broncos just need a quarterback

16. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

They already said this decision has zero to do with rodgers. So I hope people don’t try and connect any dot’s. Hackett is our head coach and he’s going to have whoever his quarterback is playing at a high level. If somehow rodgers is released he may or may not end up in Denver. But this hire was simply Hackett being awesome and being able to develop a quarterback.
    Rodgers is an NFL player under contract. Making any kind of comment would be tampering. With that said, obviously the front office would not have hired him if they didn't feel like he could stand on his own. However, you have to think that for Paton, he is on the hot seat by default because of the coming ownership change. Acquiring any established QB that can run an elite offense would be a HUGE get and preserve his job. Hackett's relationship with Rodgers was definitely a plus mark during the interview process.

Besides that, what QBs has Hackett actually developed?
    In Buffalo, he worked with EJ Manuel (who utterly failed) and then with Kyle Orton (who made the offense look decent). 2015-2016 worked with Bortles as QB coach and the team tanked both years. 2016-2018 with Jacksonville made the playoffs in 2017 with Bortles, 2018 back to sucking and then lost his job. 2019 went to Green Bay behind LaFleur and has looked good.

EJ Manuel? Strike. Bortles? Strike but had one good year. Jordan Love? Jury is out. Orton and Rodgers are the QBs Hackett has worked best with. It's a safe bet that Rodgers is on Hackett's wish list, and if not Rodgers then another veteran QB like a Mitch Trubisky.

As a big picture decision-maker though, Hackett has worked with Marrone and LaFleur, both of which have had respectable runs as HC. His dad was an NFL coach too, and he spent most of his career bouncing through programs. I trust Hackett's background and ability to hire (or retain) the right people to run a quality staff. Ultimately, that's what a head coach should be doing anyways. Hopefully, he's a contrast to Fangio's "death by inches" where he doesn't try to coach every game into a 4th quarter standoff. I'd like to win some games by 14 points and not have the coach dig the team into a deeper hole with bad challenges and poor game awareness at critical moments because of a lack of delegation.

I have high hopes that Lock could take a big leap this year under Hackett. I’m excited and intrigued at the same time

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Love the call to go with an offensive minded HC. I am anxious to see who he brings in to run the defense and which assistants he retains. If Zimmer, the defense will go to a 4-3 which would put Chubb into either a Barr role or putting his hand in the dirt.

If Rodgers is to come over, hopefully the cost is low. If no Rodgers, it will be interesting to see who Paton brings in as QB.
    We were due. I said this town is not ready for yet another defensive minded head coach. No frickin’ way!

22. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Love the call to go with an offensive minded HC. I am anxious to see who he brings in to run the defense and which assistants he retains. If Zimmer, the defense will go to a 4-3 which would put Chubb into either a Barr role or putting his hand in the dirt.

If Rodgers is to come over, hopefully the cost is low. If no Rodgers, it will be interesting to see who Paton brings in as QB.
    Last I checked, Donatell was still employed by Denver. What's wrong with keeping him and maintaining some consistency in the one area this team has excelled the past few years?

24. The Following 7 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

I’m loving that the reports have already said this hire has absolutely nothing to do with rodgers. Hackett is just a awesome mind and interviews was off the chart’s. Hackett is here to develop a quarterback. And lead this team, lead this offense.
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    I have high hopes that Lock could take a big leap this year under Hackett. I’m excited and intrigued at the same time
    You’re going to hate it when they bring in Blake Bortles for a “QB competition” and Bortles wins it!

27. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information