Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers hints decision on future likely by franchise tag deadline out of respect for Davante Adams

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers hints decision on future likely by franchise tag deadline out of respect for Davante Adams

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Not only might Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams be a package deal, but the timing on whether both will return to the Green Bay Packers could happen almost simultaneously.

While Rodgers originally said he would likely have a decision by the time free agency begins, which is March 16, he offered the possibility that it could be even sooner.

If the Packers are going to use the franchise tag on Adams, the All-Pro receiver, they can do so as early as Feb. 22 but no later than March 8. Rodgers has already said he does not want to be part of a rebuild and likely considers anything without Adams to be just that. And likewise for Adams; he would almost certainly prefer to be able to explore his options if Rodgers doesn't return to the Packers.
    rest, plus video - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-davante-adams

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

I don't see Rodgers back in GB this season

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The more Rodgers talks the more i dont want him in Denver.

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Rodgers has become a conundrum

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

His talent is undeniable. But he doesn't bring people together. Plenty of local reporters over the years have given examples of how he isn't the rah rah guy many covet in a QB. He's a different kind of guy. Don't know how much that plays into wins and losses. Some believe it hurts the continuity of the team when things get rough.

The scary thing about the Adams situation as listed above is that when things were tight vs SF, he only looked for Adams and Jones. Great options, but he didn't even try to trust his other options. Would the same happen in Denver as soon as 1 guy not named Adams drops a pass?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

There are also reported "rumors" that the 2 actually want to go to denver together

Colin Cowherd believes that A-Rod is staying in Green Bay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSwofxTg9k4

I’m sure everything would be forgotten if he becomes a bronco; just like magic all those things will disappear

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
    Colin Cowherd believes that A-Rod is staying in Green Bay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSwofxTg9k4
    ...unless he forces a trade.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Rodgers is an entitled douchebag. I guess Farve taught him well.

13. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

If we can get him in an affordable way that ensures we aren't throwing away our future for 2 years maximum of a guy who chokes in the playoffs, I guess I'd be okay with that. But I'd probably prefer to go with a rookie at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    If we can get him in an affordable way that ensures we aren't throwing away our future for 2 years maximum of a guy who chokes in the playoffs, I guess I'd be okay with that. But I'd probably prefer to go with a rookie at this point.
    I remember when Peyton Manning was called a playoff choker.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    True but it sounds like Rodgers is no Peyton Manning in terms of leadership and we do know how important that is.

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Rodgers isn't running up against Belichick. Granted some of those losses were just insane (the loss to the 'Hawks is an all time ****** up loss, not on him) and unlucky. I don't believe in choking by and large, you can usually comb through those games and figure out what actually happened. I think his biggest issue is that he doesn't trust anyone sans his big name stars. Manning and Brady threw it to who is open. In the NBA, Jordan would tell players who ****** up that he's passing the ball to them and it's time for them to step up. Rodgers is showing he's either burning out, needs a new scenario, or he just doesn't have it in him anymore. I remember when he would distribute it to anyone that was open.

He also plays the victim and brings scrutiny upon himself that he's clearly not built to handle.

What did Rodgers have in Green Bay?
    One wide receiver?
    About a running game and a defense?
    He could do better in Denver. All the drama that went on last off-season sure took his heart out of playing for Green Bay. I don’t believe he was all vested in this season. It feels almost like he was playing when he really didn’t want to play for that organization, lots of discrepancies between him and the GM. He wasn’t happy, I don’t think

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information