Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown

Default Antonio Brown

By now we should all have seen what took place yesterday, but just in case you’ve missed it, here it’s;
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-field-midgame

The point of my thread is that this is a real sad situation that reflects Antonio Brown’s mental health and it’s not a pretty picture. What he did yesterday was utterly bizarre. Who normal person in his position would ever do something like that and all what he stood to forfeit?

I’m very concerned he’s really not that far off from hurting himself and/or others around him. The time to act is now. The guy is crying for help and he’s been asking for help way before yesterday and the NFL refuses to see it as such. Shame on you NFL!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

He needs help but he also needs to seek help and he wont do it. At that point it falls on him, you cant force people to get help if they dont want it.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Dude has a mental illness. I hope he gets the help he needs, but as North said - it's up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Dude has a mental illness. I hope he gets the help he needs, but as North said - it's up to him.
    When it's mental, it's no longer up to the individual. They can't tell right from wrong anymore. Do you think what he did yesterday he thought of it as being improper or wrong? That's why this is so disturbing to see. Everything is normal in their own world, that's why it's such a touchy and delicate situation. The only hope is if he has somebody he can fully trust to guide him to seek some help, if left up to him, he won't do it...

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If Antonio is competent to play pro football or going about his daily business as an adult he is fully able to reach out for help. The scenario you present only applies when an individual cant care for themselves in any way shape or form. Brown needs help but he isnt helpless.

If a guy walked out on a $15 / hr job like that…no one would care…

But Because it’s a celebrity and caught on camera… now it’s a thing.

Guy is a childish ass…. Maybe he needs help… maybe he will go get it…I hope he doesn’t see a football field again

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Many people have offered him help. He does not want it.

He doesn't deserve his own thread. He doesn't deserve to be discussed by talking heads on TV. He doesn't deserve the attention. He is the author of his own story, and he is responsible for his own actions, mental illness or not.

9. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Many people have offered him help. He does not want it.

He doesn't deserve his own thread. He doesn't deserve to be discussed by talking heads on TV. He doesn't deserve the attention. He is the author of his own story, and he is responsible for his own actions, mental illness or not.
    Feel free to close the thread, then

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    Feel free to close the thread, then
    I am not saying you shouldn't have started the thread or anything, chill bruh. Just saying he wants attention and giving him attention is almost like enabling him to continue acting a fool. Ie the media talking heads are the ones giving him the attention he wants.

He needs help, it won't end pretty, but there's nothing anybody can do if he doesn't open his own eyes.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Brown gave his side of the story.

"I took a seat on the sideline and my coach came up to me, very upset, and shouted, 'What's wrong with you? What's wrong with you?' I told him, 'It's my ankle.' But he knew that. It was well-documented and we had discussed it," Brown said. "He then ordered me to get on the field. I said, 'Coach, I can't.' He didn't call for medical attention. Instead, he shouted at me, 'YOU'RE DONE!' while he ran his finger across his throat. Coach was telling me that if I didn't play hurt, then I was done with the Bucs."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...uccaneers-game

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

In honor of Brother Jaded: Buy low!

15. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
    Brown gave his side of the story.

"I took a seat on the sideline and my coach came up to me, very upset, and shouted, 'What's wrong with you? What's wrong with you?' I told him, 'It's my ankle.' But he knew that. It was well-documented and we had discussed it," Brown said. "He then ordered me to get on the field. I said, 'Coach, I can't.' He didn't call for medical attention. Instead, he shouted at me, 'YOU'RE DONE!' while he ran his finger across his throat. Coach was telling me that if I didn't play hurt, then I was done with the Bucs."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...uccaneers-game

Personally dont buy it, not that it cant happen as we know the NFL really doesnt care about player safety but the track record with Brown being a malcontent is long and storied.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Personally dont buy it, not that it cant happen as we know the NFL really doesnt care about player safety but the track record with Brown being a malcontent is long and storied.
    Video footage of the coach doing the throat slash would go a long way for credibility, at least on this matter.

But tbh, a smart veteran player just says "I dare you to cut me with this injury for bad behavior," and goes to the union, because there's specific rules for all that. Ugh.

19. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Sounds like he was mad about not getting the ball. Which I actually like. I want my players wanting the ball! What I don't want them doing is being a distraction and throwing a tantrum about it, which is what AB did. And if he can't control himself, have reasonable expectations, and handle it like an adult, he's too big of a liability to have around.

21. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

There’s no excuse to what he did. Just the manner in which he handled himself and the situation speaks for itself. He didn’t look hurt in that video, he just snapped and that’s the part that tells a different story. That was utterly bizarre!

23. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information