Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos future success tied to Ellis departure

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    The funny thing is, I’d read somewhere that Elway was ready to stop the interview and offer Kyle the job before the interview was even over because Kyle was killing it and Ellis said no.

There’s so much misinformation out there over this. Funny thing is, why would Elway even interview Kyle if they hated each other? Why would Elway try to bring Mike back of there was friction? That side doesn’t make any sense. Sounds like more BS peddled by the all the Broncos woes are Elway’s fault crowd.

Carol’s article covers all of it. We were both right and both wrong if that article is to be believed.
    I'll do some googling and would love to have you post a link, because I've never read that. Pretty sure you are confusing the Mike Shanahan veto (reportedly vetoed by Ellis) with Kyle. Elway has been very clear that while Kyle impressed him, he thought Vance's leadership skills (aka, leader of men) were what the fractured locker room needed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The funny thing is, I’d read somewhere that Elway was ready to stop the interview and offer Kyle the job before the interview was even over because Kyle was killing it and Ellis said no. There’s so much misinformation out there over this. Funny thing is, why would Elway even interview Kyle if they hated each other? Why would Elway try to bring Mike back of there was friction? That side doesn’t make any sense. Sounds like more BS peddled by the all the Broncos woes are Elway’s fault crowd.

Carol’s article covers all of it. We were both right and both wrong if that article is to be believed.
    For me personally i dont know the story or why there is friction. The person that told me about it was a person who is a part of this forum and someone i would deem reliable in terms of information. Also, there are articles out there that have brought up the supposed issues with John and the Shanahans. To your point about the interview process it really could only mean that John was willing to let bygones be bygones but as i said apparently Kyle's mother has strong feelings regarding Elway herself. Why that is im not sure but what i was told was she made a statement that Kyle would never coach the Broncos (at least at that time). Take that for what its worth.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I don’t think that’s true. I think Ellis has an issue with the Shanahans. Remember Ellis wormtongued Pat into firing Mike. Elway wasn’t even part of the organization then. Then overruled Elway on Kyle and on bringing Mike back after VJ. Remember also that VJ was more Kubiak’s guy than Elway’s. Kubiak wanted VJ to be his DC over Wade Phillips and talked him up to Elway. This is why he got the interview to replace Kubiak when he retired for health reasons. I think Elway trusted Kubiak on VJ. I also think Ellis was trying to make a clean break with the Shanahan family after firing Mike and didn’t want to go back to them again because in doing so admits he was wrong for firing Mike to begin with.
    Ellis was wrong to fire Shanatan when he did, it was 5 years too late and Shanatan had turned it around on draft day.

Ellis wanted power, because that’s what politicians do.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I honestly don't know or care. Him and his whole family tree just needs to stay away from the broncos going forward
    He’s a ******* politician, period/point blank, good riddance.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

How has Kyle been overrated this is just a horrible take. Kubes refusing to change that's fair, that's what got shanny sr fired as well. Shanny Jr though is a very good coach who can pull miracles out of his hat. we could have done wonders here with him. he would have made lock into something for sure.
    He’s been barely doing anything over there, his offenses have been very lackluster but lance is his guy right? He inherited garrapolo or was he there to help bring in jimmy?

Agreed on him making lock something.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    He’s been barely doing anything over there, his offenses have been very lackluster but lance is his guy right? He inherited garrapolo or was he there to help bring in jimmy?

Agreed on him making lock something.
    What? he took them to the SB......if that's not doing anything then damn. Shanny Jr is a beast coach and we f'ed it up royally by getting VJ instead of him. Now Shanny has them in the NFC championship, while we look for our third coach in the same time frame.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 01-25-2022 at 02:03 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

What? he took them to the SB......if that's not doing anything then damn. Shanny Jr is a beast coach and we f'ed it up royally by getting VJ instead of him. Now Shanny has them in the NFC championship, while we look for our third coach in the same time frame.
    Lol the 49ers front 4 and linebackers is what Makes that team go. If your going to say shanahan is the reason the defense is great and the offense sucks so he’s a great coach then okay…. Delusional but ooookay.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Lol the 49ers front 4 and linebackers is what Makes that team go. If your going to say shanahan is the reason the defense is great and the offense sucks so he’s a great coach then okay…. Delusional but ooookay.
    LMAO, hilarious. Its not me that's delusional that's for sure. I'm not sitting here bashing a top coach in the NFL with a SB appearance and 2 NFC Championship appearances in the last 4 years while we search for our 3rd HC in 4 years. While justifying it by saying well they are only good because of there LB's and DL, when they avg 25 points per game this season, ranked 7th overall on offense and have developed some dynamic offensive players.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 01-25-2022 at 04:23 AM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

13. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Okay 6-10 4-12 13-3 6-10 and now 10-7

When you say 1 an appearance just say a loss…. When you say 2 conference championships you make it sound like 3 different accomplishments. The 49er’s have been average and while taking a beating in the Super Bowl is cool they literally just fired there GM didn’t they? Lil shabby better WIN the Super Bowl not make an appearance.

LMAO, hilarious. Its not me that's delusional that's for sure. I'm not sitting here bashing a top coach in the NFL with a SB appearance and 2 NFC Championship appearances in the last 4 years while we search for our 3rd HC in 4 years. While justifying it by saying well they are only good because of there LB's and DL, when they avg 25 points per game this season, ranked 7th overall on offense and have developed some dynamic offensive players.
    That’s the hard truth right there!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

When you say 1 an appearance just say a loss…. When you say 2 conference championships you make it sound like 3 different accomplishments. The 49er’s have been average and while taking a beating in the Super Bowl is cool they literally just fired there GM didn’t they? Lil shabby better WIN the Super Bowl not make an appearance.
    in 2017 he took over and they went 0-9 with no valid Qb on the roster until they made a play for Garoppolo and then won 6 of 7 to close the season. In 2018 they went 4-12 because Garoppolo went out at season start with a ACL and again had no QB but he managed despite all the injuries to make Berthard look okay and way above his actual skill level during that 4-12 season. No team losing there Starting QB does well for a whole season. If they do its a rare outlier and not the norm. The next season he took them to the SB where yes they lost but he still got them there or are you telling me that doesn't matter cause basically 31 coaches every year are trash, which if so is just a dumb take. The next year injuries derailed that team again as they lost RB's, WR's, Garoppolo and Kittle as well as there defensive playmakers for multiple games multiple times and missed the playoffs. This year they have overachieved a bit due to Kyle's adaptability and while they had a 10-7 record they beat the rams by scoring 27 points FYI to clinch a playoff spot and then beat GB in GB. So yes I would take Shanny any day over the shit we have had so far. He knows how to coach, how to reach his players and keep his staff on point. He also knows how to adapt his offense and he clearly does a good job of getting players to play for him no matter the record.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 01-25-2022 at 08:59 AM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Can't say I recall Lynch getting fired. Maybe I slept through it.

You can blame everybody from Ellis down to the janitor for the organization’s failure, and there’s plenty of people to blame. But, reality is they were never going to succeed with the clown-show QBs they tossed out there. What is it, soon to be 12 different starting QBs since 2016, no team could ever win with that.
    Last edited by Tangerine; 01-25-2022 at 12:15 PM.

20. The Following User High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Can't say I recall Lynch getting fired. Maybe I slept through it.
    That’s my mistake I was thinking of Oakland and mayock lol.

But anyways yes ida welcomed lil shanny especially with drew lock but the strong point of that team is NOT shanny strong point he is a offensive guy all day every day. And whoever is coaching that defense that’s loaded with tons of 1st round picks is the reason they have success dude. Idk why people sitting here playing like the niners aren’t a defensive team wit not much talent on offense outside of kittle and samuels……. Lol shannys future will fall right at the feet of lance, lance has to be a superstar quarterback or that’s two guys garrapolo and then lance who shanny hand picked and failed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
    You can blame everybody from Ellis down to the janitor for the organization’s failure, and there’s plenty of people to blame. But, reality is they were never going to succeed with the clown-show QBs they tossed out there. What is it, soon to be 12 different starting QBs since 2016, no team could ever win with that.
    This^.

Any one of those OC's or HC's could have been successful, if we had been able to plug the QB hole. This has probably been the biggest weakness of the Broncos organization for decades. When your top three QBs drafted are Cutler, Griese and Tommy Maddox over a 25 year period, you're going to struggle.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information