Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos future success tied to Ellis departure

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    No but he is responsible for the downfall of the franchise. he is a douche through hand through and Denver will be better off without him, just Remember we could have had Kyle instead of VJ and his shit if it wasn't for him, that alone should have Denver fans chanting his way out the door.
    Well, I've had enough contact with him to know the first part of your statement isn't true. Not even where you come up with that, from the handful of pressers you've watched?

On the second, based on everything said and written at the time, and for years later, it's a fiction to blame Ellis for VJ over Kyle. Elway was making the football decisions and decided on VJ over Kyle. Elway has stated this in interviews and said that Kyle's interview was so impressive, that he paused and almost offered him the job, but believed so strongly in VJ's leadership abilities that he went with VJ.

The only time Ellis relationship/veto has been reported was after Kubiak left (I believe was the timing), Elway wanted to bring in Mike Shanahan as HC (no indication Kyle was part of the deal, being firmly entrenched in SF by then) and that one reportedly vetoed.

Ultimately, the Broncos have won, and more recently, lost under Ellis running the business side and Elway in charge of football operations, and with the whole "buck stops here" it's fine to place blame for missing the playoffs x years, not hiring a coach/GM capable of drafting a good QB, etc., but some of this stuff just seems to be total fiction and randomly picking a devil to blame.

yep Ellis plays politics with the best of them, he loves his power and money and until the NFL pulled his card he would have carried on with his schtick for as long as he could. even the NFL saw through Ellis they want him out of the circle despite his politicking to try and stay in said circle while circumventing for as long as he could. Dude is a hack and Denver will be blessed to have him out of the leadership structure.
    lol, I guess you don't realize why Jaded brought up politician/politicking.

Hint: it has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything he's done with the Broncos.

Hint 2: Who's Ellis' Uncle? Who's Ellis' cousin....

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    lol, I guess you don't realize why Jaded brought up politician/politicking.

Hint: it has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything he's done with the Broncos.

Hint 2: Who's Ellis' Uncle? Who's Ellis' cousin....
    I honestly don't know or care. Him and his whole family tree just needs to stay away from the broncos going forward
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

I honestly don't know or care. Him and his whole family tree just needs to stay away from the broncos going forward
    Be careful what you wish for...

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Be careful what you wish for...
    Nah I'm good, It will be refreshing to have new management even if they are incompetent as well. Then, it will be new blood to take crap on so at least the content will be new and not recycled
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Nah I'm good, It will be refreshing to have new management even if they are incompetent as well. Then, it will be new blood to take crap on so at least the content will be new and not recycled
    Agreed, with that outlook, and someone else to blame, the grass will be greener...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220121-031114_Twitter.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	19721

Remember when I said this? I should make a thread called that for you nutjobs. So not only did my friend who works w shannybeveryday say this, but now also a broncos insider say it..........yet some of you want to ignore it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Apparently the Shanahans have a huge issue with Elway himself.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I don’t think that’s true. I think Ellis has an issue with the Shanahans. Remember Ellis wormtongued Pat into firing Mike. Elway wasn’t even part of the organization then. Then overruled Elway on Kyle and on bringing Mike back after VJ. Remember also that VJ was more Kubiak’s guy than Elway’s. Kubiak wanted VJ to be his DC over Wade Phillips and talked him up to Elway. This is why he got the interview to replace Kubiak when he retired for health reasons. I think Elway trusted Kubiak on VJ. I also think Ellis was trying to make a clean break with the Shanahan family after firing Mike and didn’t want to go back to them again because in doing so admits he was wrong for firing Mike to begin with.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

The articles I've read was that there was huge animosity between all three of them, and that Ellis wasn't vetoing Kyle, but did veto Mike coming back as head coach.

Like with most "insider leaks" who know what we can believe.

14. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I don’t think that’s true. I think Ellis has an issue with the Shanahans. Remember Ellis wormtongued Pat into firing Mike. Elway wasn’t even part of the organization then. Then overruled Elway on Kyle and on bringing Mike back after VJ. Remember also that VJ was more Kubiak’s guy than Elway’s. Kubiak wanted VJ to be his DC over Wade Phillips and talked him up to Elway. This is why he got the interview to replace Kubiak when he retired for health reasons. I think Elway trusted Kubiak on VJ. I also think Ellis was trying to make a clean break with the Shanahan family after firing Mike and didn’t want to go back to them again because in doing so admits he was wrong for firing Mike to begin with.
    Well, a pretty reliable source told me that Elway was the issue in regards to Kyle coaching for Denver as his mother specifically mentioned as Elway as the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    You might be right, but I've never seen anything reported that Ellis vetoed Kyle. Instead, Elway has been very outspoken that he believed Vance had the leadership to command a broken locker room, and as much as Kyle impressed him, he felt Vance's leadership skills were what was needed. To assume that Ellis vetoed it, we have to not only believe that Elway is covering for him, but that he's concocting these long, detailed explanations as to why he (Elway) picked VJ over Kyle. If he was just covering for Ellis, he would say something like, "we thought VJ was a better fit" or something vague.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

How Mike Shanahan and John Elway agreed on a deal, before Joe Ellis vetoed the decision

Long but interesting - https://milehighsports.com/how-mike-...-the-decision/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Well, a pretty reliable source told me that Elway was the issue in regards to Kyle coaching for Denver as his mother specifically mentioned as Elway as the reason.
    The funny thing is, I’d read somewhere that Elway was ready to stop the interview and offer Kyle the job before the interview was even over because Kyle was killing it and Ellis said no. There’s so much misinformation out there over this. Funny thing is, why would Elway even interview Kyle if they hated each other? Why would Elway try to bring Mike back of there was friction? That side doesn’t make any sense. Sounds like more BS peddled by the all the Broncos woes are Elway’s fault crowd.

Carol’s article covers all of it. We were both right and both wrong if that article is to be believed.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 01-21-2022 at 03:48 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    How Mike Shanahan and John Elway agreed on a deal, before Joe Ellis vetoed the decision

Long but interesting - https://milehighsports.com/how-mike-...-the-decision/
    Haven't read that, but I'm assuming that's in relation to the deal for Mike to come back as head coach, not Ellis vetoing Kyle a couple years earlier.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information