Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos future success tied to Ellis departure

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Broncos future success tied to Ellis departure

Missy Bowlen is a frequent member and poster on our Baltimore Chapter on Facebook (ive actually met her and she is pretty nice) and she doesnt hold back on her dislike of Ellis.

https://milehighsports.com/mark-knud...HP9ehfYH6x6eg4

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	19670

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Who is Missy Bowlen? That name doesn't sound familiar.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Who is Missy Bowlen? That name doesn't sound familiar.
    https://www.facebook.com/missybowlen

I forget where in the family she falls but was introduced to her a few years ago by the head of the Baltimore Chapter who knows her pretty well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I found this article from yesterday.

Pat Bowlen’s niece hopes for ‘better front office leadership’ and ‘an owner that cares’

This niece is Julie, who is the daughter of Bill Bowlen

https://news.yahoo.com/pat-bowlen-ni...230538162.html

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I found this article from yesterday.

Pat Bowlen’s niece hopes for ‘better front office leadership’ and ‘an owner that cares’

This niece is Julie, who is the daughter of Bill Bowlen

https://news.yahoo.com/pat-bowlen-ni...230538162.html
    I was wondering if Missy is the daughter of Pat's brother who along with Beth was suing the Broncos.

It's possible she has good insight, it's possible that she's part of the disgruntled group that's been suing the trust/broncos/etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I was wondering if Missy is the daughter of Pat's brother who along with Beth was suing the Broncos.

It's possible she has good insight, it's possible that she's part of the disgruntled group that's been suing the trust/broncos/etc.
    Missy is the niece of Pat from what my wife just told me.

Hes a leech. We have all known this for a while. He is the steward in Lord of the Rings III that sentences his son to die. I cannot wait for him to be gone!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Hes a leech. We have all known this for a while. He is the steward in Lord of the Rings III that sentences his son to die. I cannot wait for him to be gone!
    Either him or Wormtongue who was poisoning the ear of Elway and company.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Either him or Wormtongue who was poisoning the ear of Elway and company.
    Weird to think how different things might be had we hired Kyle or even brought back Mike. I mean, it probably would still be a mess, but maybe not? Hell even not losing Kubiak might've been a whole different deal. If I remember he left because we were going to fire his staff and he was loyal to them.

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Weird to think how different things might be had we hired Kyle or even brought back Mike. I mean, it probably would still be a mess, but maybe not? Hell even not losing Kubiak might've been a whole different deal. If I remember he left because we were going to fire his staff and he was loyal to them.
    The Kubiak thing is always going to be a guessing game. A part of me believes it was health but i can also see the loyalty thing (which got Mike Sr in trouble as well) being a catalyst for his departure. I know a lot of people hate the Fox era (his bolting for Chicago was a scum move) but the reality is without him the team doesnt really start to get back to at the very least competitive football in which we did win more games than the year before, etc. So Mike Sr may not have gotten back to the promised land but it would be no worse than Fox in my mind. Shanny Jr? Who knows. For all the hype about Shanny Jr he really has zero to show for it (yet). But i know i am ready to have a offensive minded coach come in even though that wont be a given.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Kubiak left because we were going into a decline and he was already working insane hours and would have done more. His family was scared it would kill him so they asked him to retire. It was the consulting job that he wanted to bring Rick Dennison back and the they said no, so he didn't take it.

I wanted Kyle so much and was flat out bummed when they hired Vance. However SF had pretty much gave him a offer that he couldn't turn down.
    Getting Stoked

15. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

I'll take our two SB trips and SB win under Ellis. I've never understood the dislike for him. Everything I've seen shown a guy doing a very good job running the team. Missing on four QBs can't really be laid in Elli's lap, and that's the difference between being competitive and not post Manning.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I'll take our two SB trips and SB win under Ellis. I've never understood the dislike for him. Everything I've seen shown a guy doing a very good job running the team. Missing on four QBs can't really be laid in Elli's lap, and that's the difference between being competitive and not post Manning.
    That kind of contradicts your comment though. You want to give him credit for the SB appearances and win but not for the failures outside of that? I mean, i dont believe Ellis was the reason why Manning came here, i think John was a bigger part of that. Furthermore if parts of the Bowlen family dislike the guy i think there has to be something to it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

That's how I see it too. Ellis job was more the legal side of keeping the team going and working on contracts all around. He was good friends with Bowlen and IMO has tried to keep the team running. The frustration I heard in his voice on Sunday said it all to me.

We just drafted horribly for many years now until this last one. So I'm hopeful that Paton finds the gems out there in Coaches and Players.
    Getting Stoked

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    That kind of contradicts your comment though. You want to give him credit for the SB appearances and win but not for the failures outside of that? I mean, i dont believe Ellis was the reason why Manning came here, i think John was a bigger part of that. Furthermore if parts of the Bowlen family dislike the guy i think there has to be something to it.
    Well, if it's the part that was suing and trying to block Brittany from taking over the Broncos and keeping it in the family, I think motivations have to be questioned.

And, I don't think there is a contradiction. Ellis gave Elway a lot of leeway as head of football operations. Elway was Pat's choice. So, at minimum, if Ellis is blamed than equal blame needs to go to Elway, unless the main blame is not firing Elway.

I think we have to be careful assuming that someone that's likely part of the family feud actually has any great insight.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information