Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos future success tied to Ellis departure

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    That's how I see it too. Ellis job was more the legal side of keeping the team going and working on contracts all around. He was good friends with Bowlen and IMO has tried to keep the team running. The frustration I heard in his voice on Sunday said it all to me.

We just drafted horribly for many years now until this last one. So I'm hopeful that Paton finds the gems out there in Coaches and Players.
    Probably the biggest criticism of Ellis and Elway is that they didn't get a proper GM in sooner.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I was wondering if Missy is the daughter of Pat's brother who along with Beth was suing the Broncos.

It's possible she has good insight, it's possible that she's part of the disgruntled group that's been suing the trust/broncos/etc.
    It’s also possible you’ve dug your heels in on the wrong side of history … again.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Good riddance to the entire ****’N shitshow.

My condolences, Tned.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    That's how I see it too. Ellis job was more the legal side of keeping the team going and working on contracts all around. He was good friends with Bowlen and IMO has tried to keep the team running. The frustration I heard in his voice on Sunday said it all to me.

We just drafted horribly for many years now until this last one. So I'm hopeful that Paton finds the gems out there in Coaches and Players.
    This is patently false, the roster is widely considered SB caliber and was already loaded when Paton added a whopping 2 immediate starters to the mix.

Paton had an A+ draft that ultimately earns a failing grade for not drafting a QB.

Facts are bitch.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think we have to be careful assuming that someone that's likely part of the family feud actually has any great insight.
    Eh, ill take my chances with Missy over Ellis personally. Missy isnt tied exactly to the suing factor herself but still feels pretty strongly about Ellis. This isnt the first time questions regarding Ellis has come up as problematic for Denver over the years. For me personally i will definitely trust the family more than Joe in this situation.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Eh, ill take my chances with Missy over Ellis personally. Missy isnt tied exactly to the suing factor herself but still feels pretty strongly about Ellis. This isnt the first time questions regarding Ellis has come up as problematic for Denver over the years. For me personally i will definitely trust the family more than Joe in this situation.
    Honest question - and not bagging on your acquaintance. But if Pat really trusted his family, why did he set up a trust with Ellis as the front man as opposed to having/naming one of his kids?

#InPatWeTrust

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos owner Pat Bowlen gives up control of team to battle Alzheimer's

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Honest question - and not bagging on your acquaintance. But if Pat really trusted his family, why did he set up a trust with Ellis as the front man as opposed to having/naming one of his kids?

#InPatWeTrust
    Article written 7/23/2014

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Broncos owner Pat Bowlen is giving up control of the team because of Alzheimer's disease.

The 70-year-old Bowlen will no longer be a part of the club's daily operations, the Broncos announced Wednesday. Team President Joe Ellis is adding the title of chief executive officer and will have final say on all matters.

The Broncos say the ownership of the franchise is held in a trust Bowlen set up more than a decade ago in hopes that one of his seven children will one day run the team.
    rest - https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...v1kr873otx7e8j

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

#InPatWeTrust
    My guess?

Probably because there is a hierarchy within the family with whom some Pat trusts and some he probably doesnt or didnt feel wanted to really run the team. I have no doubt there are parts of the family that would much rather sell off the team than actually work at keeping it going. Furthermore, i would be curious of when Pat actually set that up with Ellis because we all know towards the end of his life he wasnt thinking at full capacity and its quite possible that Ellis took advantage of that (hence my wormtongue analogy).

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I’m still the guy who thinks ownership matters little in the grand scheme of the NFL. Shut your billionaire mouth, write the checks your GM tells you to write, smile for photos and grip and grins with big name FAs you acquire and PR events in the community, and stay out of the way.

Sure, if your team is garbage and the guys you pay millions don’t have a plan to right the ship or the means to make it happen, by all means fire their ass, but very very few owners are actual football guys. They didn’t make their billions in football. Look at how bad Jerruh and Snyder have made their teams through the years by playing GM themselves or constantly being involved. Sure, the Cowboys are on the up right now, but they’re the most sinusoidal (up and down) franchise in the league. Sometimes he hits, but he misses just as often and when he misses, he misses huge. We don’t want an owner like that. I just hope whoever the new guy is, he’s a hands off dude who lets Paton and the new HC do their job.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Ellis has been a Bronco since like the 80s, so as somebody who knows nothing about him other than what wikipedia says, he seems like a true orange and blue guy to me. I don't have any reason to hate him, and Pat seems to have trusted him for a long time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'll take our two SB trips and SB win under Ellis. I've never understood the dislike for him. Everything I've seen shown a guy doing a very good job running the team. Missing on four QBs can't really be laid in Elli's lap, and that's the difference between being competitive and not post Manning.
    I think he's fulfilled his obligation as fiduciary quite well, and also honored Pat's memory and served him faithfully. It's a no-win position for him, and I respect what he's done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

New Word Alert!

Sinusoidal

Sounds like a bad sinus condition.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

14. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

#InPatWeTrust
    Ha!

There it is.

Good riddance to all this ****** up shit.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

“Clearly there’s something wrong with Missy Bowlen if Pat Bowlen liked Joe Ellis”— Broncos Joe
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    “Clearly there’s something wrong with Missy Bowlen if Pat Bowlen liked Joe Ellis”— Broncos Joe
    “Couldn’t have said it better myself”— Tned
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information