Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How many years would Rodgers need to play?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Default How many years would Rodgers need to play?

How many years would Rodgers need to play for the Broncos to make it worth it for you personally for the Broncos to trade 3 firsts or 2 firsts, a player (Chubb, Jeudy, etc.) and a second?

This is the one concern I have. What if we give up all that capital and get one or two years of service in return?

2. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    How many years would Rodgers need to play for the Broncos to make it worth it for you personally for the Broncos to trade 3 firsts or 2 firsts, a player (Chubb, Jeudy, etc.) and a second?

This is the one concern I have. What if we give up all that capital and get one or two years of service in return?
    I don't think he will cost anywhere near that much.......but under those circumstances. 2 years.

Because imo w Rodgers we win at least 1 superbowl .....and I woukd gladly trade 4 1st rd picks to be guaranteed to win a sb in the next 2 years.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post

My minimum would be 3, I would want 4 or 5.

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'd love to see him for four years of championships and drive off into the Denver sunset on the latest model of the GOATmobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Rodgers was just talking bout he could retire after this season. I wouldn’t trade no 3 first and a player for rodgers knowing he could just call it quits in a year while Green Bay goes on drafting with our top 5 picks for two more years lol and I know Paton wouldn’t do it either. The only outside quarterback that makes sense for broncos would be Watson since he’s young and has another ten plus years ahead of him! But of course Watson has that shit going on

10. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    My feeling also. Rogers has been resilient, but I worry that we give up a ton of picks and he plays a year or two, we don’t win a chip, and he gets hurt and decides to hang them up. It’s always a risk, but his age and lack of GAF about a lot of things does give me pause. Honestly though, I don’t worry a ton about draft picks. They’re always a gamble. Not a single 1st round pick in the past 4 drafts is someone who has lived up to their potential (except maybe PS2) or is someone we couldn’t live without. I’d give up Chubb, Fant, and Jeudy for Rogers without a second thought.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

I also suspect Rodgers would play for 4 to 5 more years if he were here. His fiance is here. He'd have fun playing football again here because he could break records with our talent. Its been rumored he wants to do a Brady so that could happen where he plays a while. I could def see 4 years here and maybe a 3 peat is something he would chase.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

One
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2 years if we give up 3+ 1st round picks.

He’s 38 and will be 39 in December. Too much to give up for him. We need to break away from this win now mentality because our division foes are set to going to win for years to come. We’re just playing catch up with not end in sight

17. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

Unlike when we had manning, Rodgers still has a lot left in the tank. He’s a much superior athlete. He could easily play 5 more years if he wanted to. Which means it’s worth the trade.
    They don’t make real men anymore

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Fangios Meatballs View Post
    Unlike when we had manning, Rodgers still has a lot left in the tank. He’s a much superior athlete. He could easily play 5 more years if he wanted to. Which means it’s worth the trade.
    Does he want to play that long?

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    This, he has to at least play as long as Pey Pey did. Anything less is not worth it.

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

3-4 seasons similar to Manning to give us a true window. Anything less I'd rather just develop a QB and have another "lost" season or 2. I think 3-4 years gives you time to really sell your soul to the devil again and plugin holes in FA like we did for our Super Bowl runs. If we were able to get another championship in the next 4 seasons (or two) I'd be happy to suffer a bit after that in the aftermath like we are doing now!

24. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    3-4 seasons similar to Manning to give us a true window. Anything less I'd rather just develop a QB and have another "lost" season or 2. I think 3-4 years gives you time to really sell your soul to the devil again and plugin holes in FA like we did for our Super Bowl runs. If we were able to get another championship in the next 4 seasons (or two) I'd be happy to suffer a bit after that in the aftermath like we are doing now!
    I hear people say that, but the last 6 years has been nothing but consistent bitching by fans. What would make the years after Rodgers any different?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information