Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How many years would Rodgers need to play?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    He won’t have to if he’s willing to stay, which is literally their only hope of keeping him.
    It has to do with the NFL’s COVID protocol.

I read that the pack are 36 mil Over the cap. Rodgers has like a 45m cap hit. If they want him they will have to drop a lot of contracts to keep him.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I hear people say that, but the last 6 years has been nothing but consistent bitching by fans. What would make the years after Rodgers any different?
    The only hope really is actually doing the recovery period after the HOF QB correctly. That means draft and develop a franchise QB. We keep screwing it up. We keep giving up on draft picks or drafting poorly and trying plug the most important hole on the team with other teams’ castoffs as if their gonna resurrect they’re career here (if they ever had one). The last six years should’ve been a proper rebuild, and in essence, they were for most of the team except the most important position. We keep plugging the hole at QB with what we think are temporary fixes instead of real solutions.

Yeah the fans bitch and complain but I think a lot of that is because we don’t seem to have any direction because every year is a new debacle at QB. I think the end of 2019 was encouraging for the fans because of the way the season ended with Lock going 4-1 and it seemed like maybe we’d found a starting QB we could develop. I think most, not all because some folks are never happy and are always negative, would be accepting of a rebuild. The problem is, the Broncos have been so successful for so long doing the reload thing, that we’ve never really done a rebuild properly. If the front office and coaching staff would just call it what it is instead of obviously trying to bullshit people with their, “Flacco is in his prime” and, “Teddy won the QB competition” instead of just saying we’re going to develop a QBOTF and sometimes it takes time, I think the fanbase would be more accepting of it. Maybe I’m just naive.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 01-14-2022 at 05:12 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I wouldn't want to give beyond the length of time we'd have him. I'd give the players in a heartbeat. Chubb...bye. Sutton...See ya. We have picks and cap space. They aren't irreplaceable.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I read that the pack are 36 mil Over the cap. Rodgers has like a 45m cap hit. If they want him they will have to drop a lot of contracts to keep him.
    The Saints were like that before Brees’ last season and everyone thought they’d have to blow up the roster. The salary cap is smoke and mirrors for the most part. They reworked some contracts and kept the team together for Brees’ last run. If there’s one thing you don’t do, it’s let a HOF QB go because of the salary cap. You rework contracts of other players and replace expensive ones with rookies.

The only way I think Rodgers leaves the Packers is if they don’t win the Super Bowl this year and get eliminated from the playoffs through some questionable management like they did last year kicking a FG when they should’ve gone for it on 4th down. If they get bounced and it’s ugly like last year, I can see him thinking they’ll never get over the hump and wanting to move on. If they win a Super Bowl, he either stays a Packer and tries to repeat, or rides off into the sunset a Champion like PFM did.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    If we trade for Rodgers (and that's a big IF), I wonder if there's a way to structure the trade where draft picks would come back to us (conditional) if he retires before the picks actually go to the Packers.

That's the only way I'd trade for him - if that's even allowed.
    Would never happen.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I wouldn't want to give beyond the length of time we'd have him. I'd give the players in a heartbeat. Chubb...bye. Sutton...See ya. We have picks and cap space. They aren't irreplaceable.
    Sutton isn’t going anywhere. We just gave him a big contract. Jeudy has completely underperformed and is on his rookie deal. He’s expendable and cheap. He’s the perfect trade chip right now assuming someone still thinks he’s worth a first round pick. He’s got 2 years left on his deal and the 5th year option. It would be nice to pair him with a real QB, but I don’t think we’d miss him if he’s was gone. We can find someone else to run full speed across the formation every play and not get the ball…

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Sutton isn’t going anywhere. We just gave him a big contract. Jeudy has completely underperformed and is on his rookie deal. He’s expendable and cheap. He’s the perfect trade chip right now assuming someone still thinks he’s worth a first round pick. He’s got 2 years left on his deal and the 5th year option. It would be nice to pair him with a real QB, but I don’t think we’d miss him if he’s was gone. We can find someone else to run full speed across the formation every play and not get the ball…
    Sutton is replaceable. Just about all WRs are. It's the most expendable position in the league right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Sutton is replaceable. Just about all WRs are. It's the most expendable position in the league right now.
    It’s not about replaceable for Sutton. He just signed a big contract and the cap hit would be stupid if we tried to trade him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    It’s not about replaceable for Sutton. He just signed a big contract and the cap hit would be stupid if we tried to trade him.
    Aaron Rodgers. We'd take the hit.

Not saying we have to offer him first, but in no way would his presence be a deal breaker

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

He'll retire within 2 years.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

We get him. He loves playing in Denver. He gives us 5 years. But I’m not trading any players off or def. Just picks. 3 ones and 3 twos sounds good

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    He'll retire within 2 years.
    I could see Rodgers doing that, especially if there are any struggles.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Wideouts have never mattered more in the history of the NFL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Wideouts have never mattered more in the history of the NFL.
    Wideouts...sure. Specific players...not so much.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information